Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Hold Steady tonight in SLC!
    Dang forgot about that, saw them at Urban lounge a couple of years back, loved the show. Saw Ghostface last monday at Urban Lounge, awesome.

anyone use this website?

http://www.bandsintown.com

creates a cloud of your tracked bands and any related bands coming to your preferred location. not perfect but pretty cool. it would be great if i could upload all my artists from my music collection in one shot.

Saw Mumford and Son last night. They were AMAZING!!! I would highly advise checking them out, but their US tour ends in a week, so if you are not in eastern canada or NYC, you're probably out of luck. Very, very good show!
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPd6TKmPitQ"]YouTube - the allman brothers band the palace albany ny 11/15/2010[/nomedia]
    a new liver in Gregg and ready to rock!
    Last edited by dacksdescents; 11-19-2010 at 08:02 PM.

^^^It won't play

i saw helmet on wednesday night @ amalgame club in yverdon. we were at the tail end of a big snowstorm so there were only about 50 people there, which kinda sucked for them but for us it was cool coz you could go get a beer and walk right back to front row. i really enjoyed their sound and energy live.

my buddy and i got picked to run the "fan cams" which kinda sucked in the end coz it's a bit of work. they had these little polaroid cams that looked kinda like flip cams, which means you have to hold it in your hand the whole time. we did what we could including a few shennanigans on camera. hopefully they find something useful.

Last edited by Ripzalot; 10-08-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Wow, my area gets shit for shows (i've known this well before this thread). I'm dieing to see The Hold Steady.

Last show for me was Matt Skiba (Alkaline Trio) and Brendan Kelley (Lawerence Arms) doing solo acoustic sets. 3 show mini tour, my friend theorized that they did it this way to make some extra cash for the holidays (no band, no crew, etc)

BK was incredibly fucked up and played like shit, but made lots of funny jokes. Had a drink with him after his set, nice guy and he had me laughing.

Skiba was slightly more sober and played a much better set, plus kept bringing BK on stage for comic relief.

I'm somewhere in the back of this crowd, drunekdly singing along with "Radio".

Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

In the last year I have attended:

-Empire of the Sun (best show of my life)
    -Deadmau5 2x (puts on an amazing show)
    -Sasquatch Music Festival: (LCD Soundsystem, Kid Cudi, Miike Snow, Deadmau5, MGMT, A-trak, Boys noize, Neon Indian, Band of Horses, etc)
    -Rusko (not the biggest fan of his music, but the energy at his shows is nuts)

and I'm seeing Bassnectar on Feb 5th and Crystal Castles on March 8th. So stoked for these 2 shows.

I know my list is ridiculously short, but every show was qualityyyy.
    there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/

Saw Yo La Tengo on Friday Night. They did a weird "Wheel of Fortune" thing where they had themes all over this wheel and pulled some hipster douche from the audience (he tripped on his scarf) to spin. It landed on "Sounds of Science Pt. 2" which basically meant the whole first set was feedback and crappy looping electronics. It was awful - felt like what Ross did on "Friends."

Luckily the second set was chock full of groove. I do want that 1st hour back, tho.

i just saw that yo la tengo is playing in missoula! a whole set of feeback-y noise sounds kinda weird, but i think i have to go
    "he doesn't know to behold what the cold frost can do..."

Maybe you'll get lucky and have the wheel land on one of the other 7 slots...

haha, kind of what i am hoping. i like some of their studio experiments with blips and bloops and feedback, but a full set of just noise sounds like a lot to handle
    "he doesn't know to behold what the cold frost can do..."

These guys are touring again right now. Don't miss them.

North Mississippi Allstars

^^saw them last night as the opener for the Band Of Joy in Boston. Robert wears shiny gold cowboy boots and that is Patty Griffin on the right. Best show I've seen in awhile.

Reno will be rockin' big time this weekend.

Friday night, Motorhead will be in town!

Sunday, Ozzy rolls in with Slash as the opener!

\m/ \m/
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Heads up metalheads...Helmet, St Vitus, Crowbar, Kylessa, +more

http://metalliancetour.com/site/

I dig the Gtr player in NMA 's style, the singing is OK.

Robert Plant should just fess up & say his ego is so crushingly massive that he can no longer share the stage with the Zeppelin members.His statements about not being able to relate to the material ring hollow when he plays the sames songs solo.

I'm really looking forward to Stanley Clarke with Victor Wooten opening.
    Calmer than you dude

Last Friday I saw Night Ranger at some dive bar in Denver. It was a pretty good show....That is all.

Saw Electric Wizard last night at a local club. Super mega heavy awesome.

Anyone know the name of the weird dutch frankenstein movie playing in the background?

Devin Townsend Project March 18....incredible show!

Last edited by Ripzalot; 10-08-2011 at 10:00 AM.

Rip - have you ever seen Sunn 0)) live?

I saw them in Minneapplehell a few years ago and I still don't feel right.

Going to see Volbeat in two weeks, show should be awesome.

Metalmücil crashed the open mic night at Graham's in Glacier on St. Paddy's day. Chaos ensued.

Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Rip - have you ever seen Sunn 0)) live?

I saw them in Minneapplehell a few years ago and I still don't feel right.
    not yet. i don't know if i could make it through a whole concert tho. i don't think i've been able to listen to a single song in it's entirety yet.

^^^
    Well...be forwarned that even if you've got the most kick-ass stereo in the universe and you play it at absolute maximum volume it will not hold a candle to the live experience. The volume occillates your soul, along with every organ in your body. The ultra-dense fog is completely disorienting in a very bad way. It's like being in one of those sensory deprivation chambers with a jet engine blasting in your face for 2 + hours.