Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    They're popular with triathletes as well, both in training/competition and recovery.
    Yeah but so are stupid visors and tattoos, so take that with a grain of salt.

I don't know if this really works, but a friend of mine with bad knees swears by Opedix. He no longer skis with a brace, and can ski all day without having to OD on vitamin I afterward.

http://www.opedix.com/products.aspx?...FRBbbQodS0k1wA

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by roadgap View Post
    and most anything expensive, even if it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by roadgap View Post
    True, as is Hugh Conway's statement. Not saying they're effective (they may or may not be, more research is needed, obviously), just popular. For what it's worth, I think the tattoo thing is mostly contained within the slow, fat triathlete segment.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    What are they supposed to do for you? I don't get it.
    Contain your cankles

I just bought a pair of sls-3 tights from one of suppliers, QBP. Been wearing them under my shorts in the bike shop for a few hours. Other than being hard to get on and off they feel good...

Cankle protection aside, we'll see how they ski.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDirt View Post
    X-Bionic makes some pretty incredible shit if you've got deep pockets. I used to sell their $60 socks when I worked in Jackson. Apparently some of their compression apparel has been banned in various endurance sports for being legitimately performance enhancing.
    currently on Tramdock: X-Bionic suit http://www.tramdock.com/?CMP_ID=PD_G...ock|2229838103

I think I look good in tights, and it does seem to help my endurance during physical activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    They're popular with triathletes as well, both in training/competition and recovery.
    Yeah, start following triathletes for fashion advice!

SKINS have a winter/thermal version.

I dont use them but i know some people who wont go out skiing without them. Seems a bit like more shit you dont need.

Talked with a trainer for the US Olympic ski team and asked him specifically about compression tights because I was curious on his take. Said they had tested them and found no benefit. The two things they do to aid muscle recovery: spin on the bike afterwards, ice.

I've tried compression calf sleeves and shorts running and found no benefit. If anything, I feel like I do worse with them on since they constrict the muscles. There's something to be said for the warmth they provide on a cold start, but there's other ways around that that don't end up fatiguing me more later. Every time I've worn them, my legs are sore for days after, when I'm normally not, even when my times aren't any faster.

Best compression tights?

Shorts, tights, sleeves do nothing for me. But compression socks do help - quite noticeable on MTB races and trail runs, and when driving/flying back after an event.
    No idea why would I want that for skiing though, as boots are tight as it is. Just a thin sock works fine.
    Last edited by Offwidth; 11-22-2014 at 03:23 PM. Reason: typo

I like the 2XU stuff. Pricy at $100 but it works, you will feel less fatigue, stay warmer, these are great for people that tour.. I tend to go for these first before my TNF stuff..

My (S.P.A.M.) review of the 2XU compressions tights: http://mtnweekly.com/reviews/hiking-...ression-tights

Full length CWX's here, either nice placebo effect or they actually work. Better use of $150 than dinner for two at a decent restaurant that never turns out to be as good as the buzz. Never any problems with the drawstring, and it's easy to align the cross panels with the knee by just working the fabric around. Don't throw them in the drier or you will regret it.