Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Glad you are getting it out there.......nice POV Frank, those lines seems to just go forever!!
    Donjoy to the World!

Wow, after reading this thread all I can think is FML.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Bozeman is pretty badass, too, Tone.

In other news, it's good to be able to say "wall to wall" again (sort of), it's been a couple of years.

Third Bowl is back in biz. Yes...

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Never thought I'd get to ski Third Bowl. I'm just happy I get to ski the rest of this season, thought I broke my ankle saturday but I think its actually a bad sprain.

Has anyone else seen a coyote slinking around the resort? It crossed a trail right in front of my son near the base of the painter boy lift. The next day I saw it cross under the Silver Queen chair and head over into upper peel. I later saw its tracks along the ridge at the top of the headwall. Thought it was pretty cool seeing it cruising around the resort.

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Never thought I'd get to ski Third Bowl. I'm just happy I get to ski the rest of this season, thought I broke my ankle saturday but I think its actually a bad sprain.
    Hope it feels better soon man. Third Bowl is a very fun place, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by RiderX View Post
    Has anyone else seen a coyote slinking around the resort? It crossed a trail right in front of my son near the base of the painter boy lift. The next day I saw it cross under the Silver Queen chair and head over into upper peel. I later saw its tracks along the ridge at the top of the headwall. Thought it was pretty cool seeing it cruising around the resort.

resort hell! last winter, coyotes were the only thing out and about after dark in town!

Bozeman is pretty badass, too, Tone.
    Oh yeah, let me clarify, what I really mean is I need a sled.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Ms. Telechuck and I are inbound Thursday night to ski the area Friday and Saturday. We had a great time skiing with MSBC and Goldenboy over New Years. Hope to see some of you out there this weekend.

^^ The skiing is pretty amazing right now, you should be happy

FYI, Coors 2for1's are back- just buy Coors in Gunny and get the voucher...

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    ^^ The skiing is pretty amazing right now, you should be happy

FYI, Coors 2for1's are back- just buy Coors in Gunny and get the voucher...
    Yeah, we are pretty psyched on the recent snowfall. We have some 2 for 1s from Shell, which is easy for us go get here on the Front Range. Hope to see you on the hill. We will be on the chairs early Friday morning.

any opinions on flying into montrose and renting a car instead of gunnison? mapquest says 90 miles vs. 30. trying to find something for march from the east coast and its twice the price to fly to gunnison($900+) and involves 2 stops. and i can get a direct flight to montrose. seems pretty clear to me, am i missing something?

Thats a pretty easy drive. I did it around New Years. I'd always fly direct if given the choice, plus flying into Gunny is scary. They do this crazy bank if the wind is out of the east. I nearly puked the last time I flew into Gunny.

If Montrose is cheaper and more direct, then do it. No major passes in the way or anything else to worry about.

7 more days and I'm on the road to CB for a week. Can't wait. I love this thread.

I've been going there for the past 4 years, I've covered a lot of sweet terrain but know I'm missing even more, haven't even touched 3rd or Teo. Would love to meet up with some mags for a little half day tour of the goods.

I wouldn't fly into Gunny. If the snow is really good you may have trouble landing. Parents met us out there about 4 years ago during the huge storms. Missed two days of deep skiing and ended up renting and driving in from Denver. Bet on the snow, fly into Denver or Montrose. Beautiful drive either way and probably cheaper flights.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post

I always love the gasp shot...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I don't think flying into gunni is bad like killingcokes says (I've done the bank), but yes that is a pretty easy drive and worth it to save time/money. Just try and do the drive from montrose to gunnison during the day. It gets DARK (unless there's a full moon like yesterday) with lots of ice if it warms up during the day.

I fly in and out of GUC all the time. Sometimes every week for the last few years or so. Rarely have I had a problem and usually it is just a delay. That being said, I have been really fucking lucky *antijinx*. It can be really bouncey though and as KillingCokes said, they do shit to the plane that you wouldn't expect on a commercial flight sometimes. Montrose is usually safer of the two in terms of making sure your flight gets there or leaves on time.

I would bet that GUC sees a lot fewer delays and cancellations than other mountain airports like T-ride, Aspen, or Jackson. It's nicknamed sunny gunny for a reason. CB may have a donut hole, but Gunny has one of those donuts you get when you can't sit on your butt.

I've done that bank into Gunny too...we were on a private jet and it was still pretty crazy. We left Eagle headed to Aspen then Jake Jabs decided he didn't want to stop in ASpen so we headed to GUC...flew right over Capital and Snowmass...awesome flight!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I did that on purpose for the lulz...was expecting a "where did the tiger sit" comment.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PSA: CBMR is skiing SO FUCKING WELL right now. More snow on the way. See y'all here!