Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Comfitis is an effective product, but I am not real comfortable give pets oral pesticides. At least with Frontline and Advantage very little if any is absorbed systemically.
    Comfortis is what I gave my guy when I was living in GA, but it was real bad.
    Baths and vacuuming didn't work, and that was what my vet recommended.
    It literally took under an hour for most of them to be gone.

Comfortis works amazingly well.

I highly, highly recommend it. Costs as much as Frontline and works better, you can pet the dog, can't rub off, etc, etc.

I am bathing both animals everyday at this point since I keep finding them back after 24 hours, more so on the dog than the cat. Could they be in the cracks between the wooden floor? 100 year old wooden floor.

I am clueless on these things and the internet remedies are all over the board. Any chance they are getting them from outside? Its really wet in Bellingham right now. I cant find them anywhere in the house, I should be able to find signs right? Right now the bedding is gone and the rug has been treated with the stuff Core Shot was talking about.

They aren't really jumping around they just crawl, any chance they are some other parasite?

Here is my page bottom post from the other day.

First time dealing with these things, never had them in Montana. Found them on both the dog and cat. From what I can gather not a really bad case. found 10-15 on the dog at less than 10 on the cat. Did the usual deep clean of the bedding etc. We only have one rug, which of course we just got 2 weeks ago, everything else is wood floors. After extreme baths we found one flea on each animal 24 hours later, this normal? Or am I missing something important.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

^^ bomb the house. buy the raid bombs and place them in the house and leave.
    This shit does the job. It is poision but just leave the house for 6 hours then air it out.
    I also took the dogs to the vet and paid to have them bathed and then got this stuff you put on the back of their necks.
    I did this one time, and the flees were gone.

Good luck

we use to get them all the time up in WA state when i was a kid. We just bombed the shit out of the house while everyone at work and drop the dogs off for flea baths. Air the house out an hour or 2 and that did the trick every summer.

For prevention, i just use the drop on the back of the neck. Ive had one dog 2 years, never had a flea. The other dog we got in the middle of last summer. No fleas. Its not really flea infested at my house though. So not sure how "great" the drop on the back of the neck really works. But i was told it not only kills the fleas on the dog, but they spread it around the yard when they jump off.

Fleas fucking suck either way. we use to get them bad every year in WA. Not so bad here east bay cali.