Love, Death, & Robots

Just watch it.

The "Heavy Metal" of the new millennium.

Some dickhead caught the same vibe but decided to be a wuss about it: https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-r...etflix-808651/

REALLY enjoying this series. Thanks for the heads up. Recently watched “Beyond the Aquila Rift" (WOW!) and I guess I'm about half-way through now (just watched "Good Hunting"). Some of the animation in the series is simply outstanding. Love the variety, artistry, and the bite-size yet substantive anthology format, which is perfect for my limited time available. Learned that the captains of the show, Tim Miller and David Fincher, were evidently working on a 3rd Heavy Metal project and I guess that didn't go through, so here we are. I'll take it!

What's up with all the "woke" reviews about the series, though! Seriously. It's obvious that a ton of people out there really don't get it. They should probably stay far, far away from the original Heavy Metal print series if they're offended by what they see in LDR. Haha.

I've seen about half of them, and I have really enjoyed them so far. The one with the three robots going on a tour of post-apocalyptic USA was great.

Twisted, subtle yet gross, hilarious. Love it. But then I have over 100kg of Heavy Metal mags starting from the late 70’s stored in the basement, so I guess I’m their target.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Twisted, subtle yet gross, hilarious. Love it. But then I have over 100kg of Heavy Metal mags starting from the late 70’s stored in the basement, so I guess I’m their target.
    Totally. I just checked my bookshelf to revisit some of my 80s Heavy Metals and man, all I gotta say is that Love, Death and Robots (great as it is) is downright TAME compared to the magazines. Haha. Not complaining at all. I think the show is done fantastically. I guess that our views are just calibrated appropriately to know where the show's coming from. Know what I mean?