Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

The Walking Dead on AMC

So theres this new series coming out on AMC called the walking dead

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/

here is the trailer

Based on a graphic novel and actually seems like it is going to be a good show.

Anyone know how to watch AMC shows online? its on sunday at 10 which is way too late for me to get into a show.

Don't think hulu does AMC full episodes online.

Definitely going to have to check it out, looks like it has potential.
    Montani Semper Liberi

I think there was some discussion on this here a bit back, but having thumbed through the series at bookstores, they're going to have a hard time keeping this acceptable for TV - pretty grim storyline. I loved the World War Z book, and if I had more money to burn I'd have been buying these graphic novels, usually like zombie stuff.

I'll still watch it for sure tho.

i dunno, supposedly they have the green light to do as much gore as they want. though i know there are some really fucked up scenes

breaking bad has some intense stuff in it and its the same channel. plus its on after 10

so noone knows about watching AMC online?

Don't know bout watching online, but I already have the DVR set for this one.

I do to. Showing 3 episodes back to back on sunday night - same episode on repeat?

TV in HI is weird (time zone issues)

Where was all the zombie love back in September?

As in, this is old News (and a fair time to let loose with a little "search function, JONG!" riposte)

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...hlight=Walking
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

to whet your appetite for tonight's premier, check out Dead Set from BBC4.

Walking Dead.
    peterslovo = IN.
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    I do to. Showing 3 episodes back to back on sunday night - same episode on repeat?

TV in HI is weird (time zone issues)
    An hour in, I think it is 3 "episodes" that are 30 minutes each for a total showing of 1:30. first half hour was commercial free and then i think the whole thing is being repeated. i can post again in 15 minutes to confirm

edit:

yup hour and a half episode with encore presentation
    Last edited by crackboy; 10-31-2010 at 09:31 PM.

I really enjoyed the first 1.5 hours. I think that's the most gore I have seen on regular cable. The acting is quite good and you can tell the director knows what he is doing. For being kinda slow paced the time went really fast. It definitely has me hooked.

by the preview there it looks just like the start of "28 Days Later" which IMO is one of the best zombie movies of all time... This could be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I really enjoyed the first 1.5 hours. I think that's the most gore I have seen on regular cable. The acting is quite good and you can tell the director knows what he is doing. For being kinda slow paced the time went really fast. It definitely has me hooked.
    considering it was a pilot, it will probably only get better. heard it was the highest watched premiere ever for AMC

Quote Originally Posted by IJ View Post
    by the preview there it looks just like the start of "28 Days Later" which IMO is one of the best zombie movies of all time... This could be very good.
    read that the author of the book actually wrote it before 28 Days came out but decided to keep it in regardless

This show is a hot, buttery bowl of fuckin’ awesome. I already hate that partner cop, but am excited with the possibility of a new “drink everytime a zombie gets shot in the head” game.

our frickin' jumbo screen homemade TV was on the fritz. got picture, but no sound, so i didn't watch it. in hindsight, i prolly should have cranked some Led Zeppelin as the S/T and watched the zombie mayhem anyway. guess i'll be waiting for the DVD set.

what i am curious about is whether or not it's going to be a maxi-series or an ongoing series. for the moment AMC has only ordered 6 episodes and some of the press out there states that it's a finite mini-series. given that the comic started in 2003 and is still going strong, there's a wealth of material for them to draw on. so, i wonder if the first 6 episodes are just kind of to test the water and see if there's an audience for such a show (horror and sci-fi shows always seem to have a weird life cycle on television).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

so a headline on my phone said it is the highest rated cable premiere of 2010. I have seen conflicting reports regarding whether or not this goes on. i would expect it to get the second season

Finally saw it last night on the DVR...LOVED it.

I am already hooked on this show, and I was rather impressed with the tone and gore in the show for being on cable.

Can't wait for next week already.
    You should have been here yesterday!

I'm really, really wondering how they're going to cover the Governor and the prison. Specifically the rape.

Watched the whole thing thru last night, really well done.

Just added it to my DVR. Thanks for the Beta.

Its on iTunes too but for $10 for the whole season. I can't decide, its kind of a roll of the dice at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Looks like I spoke too soon, now it is $15.99 on iTunes for the season.
    Oh and I did it, I bought it.
    Last edited by TheDon; 11-02-2010 at 10:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Great first episode.

Very 28 Days Later thematically and musically but that's not a bad thing. Very well done.

heavy stuff. mrs. flake and i give it two thumbs up!
    crab in my shoe mouth

My wife works at the PR firm that handles the show so I've gotten the screeners for the first 5-6 episodes. Really impressed by what I've seen so far.

Such a great show,m just watched it this AM