Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    At least the blonde is finally giving it up.

Walking dead jumped the shark.

Now they have a seemingly endless supply of gas, bullets and food.

The past few episodes blew.

Hell on wheels is about it, even Dexter started sucking, the continuity and writing just hit bottom.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post

Hell on wheels is about it, even Dexter started sucking, the continuity and writing just hit bottom.
    Yep, Dexter has gone to shit, as well. The whole fucking the girl in the convenience store, and then killing the pot grower and disposing of his body in a grain silo. Garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    weaksauce, amc. i stopped watching a few episodes ago waiting to see a positive comment here. i guess stick a fork in it...
    Yeah me too. My wife is bummed I stopped, we used to watch it together, but it's just exceeded what I'll tolerate and I watch far too much TV anyway.

The show needs more edge. The graphic zombie guts are good, but c'mon, where is the real shit that would fly in WWZ? It's a decent enough watch, mostly as most TV sucks, but it's time to amp up it, all of it. Keep the stuff about the break down of relationships and society, but make it real. The first season conveyed the fear, the second season stalled as the farm felt safe.

So I've casually been sticking it out, even though this season has been SLOW. Anyway was about to give it up (stuck it out b/c i was marking skis b4 mounting), and there was finally a good episode/scene with good confrontation and conflict.

If you've made it to the 4th or 5th episode, might be worth it to catch the last few to get to #7. Still not sure how much longer I'll stick it out, too bad b/c the first season's 6 episodes were great.

doughboyshredder Guest
    I gave it another shot and last nights episode was decent. Shane pretty much saved the show from languishing in mediocrity. Hopefully the new episodes in February pick up a lot. According to the previews it looks like they plan on staying at the farm for awhile, which doesn't bode well for the show in general.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    I gave it another shot and last nights episode was decent. Shane pretty much saved the show from languishing in mediocrity. Hopefully the new episodes in February pick up a lot. According to the previews it looks like they plan on staying at the farm for awhile, which doesn't bode well for the show in general.
    I had my doubts last episode but I think Shane's craziness might turn things around. I'm going to hope they leave the farm and go zombie hunting. Why would they keep mentioning that fort if they don't plan on going there? There needs to be some more classic zombie drama - such as key characters getting bit and/or killed. I predict the pussies stay on the farm and trigger happy nuts go with Shane to the fort they mentioned.

I toughed it out last night since I missed all but the last 5 minutes of Hell on wheels. The asian kid gave a good speach and got some tounge, I thought Shane was a dead duck at the swamp and I thought for sure he was getting popped in front of the barn. When all the Zombies were dead and the shooting stopped, you heard one more hacking walker inside, I KNEW it was the missing girl. And those bitches let them scour the countryside for her when they had her in the barn eating raw chicken.

So they pulled it out of the shitter about half-way. For now.

They were storing the girl, or she snuck in there to sleep and got bitten. Either way, it doesn't bode well for the farm folks. I've been thinking for the past few episodes that the main group should just take over the farm. Looks like it might be headed that way. This season was terrible overall, though. The little girl coming out at the end was an interesting twist, but not worth an entire "season" of looking for her and the associated drama.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

^^^^^^^^^^ Got it the first time,

I liked the episode, and it does give me hope for the second half of the season.

I don't think the people on the farm knew who the girl was. They made a point to mention it was Otis who had to capture the walkers and put them in the barn, and after Shane killed him he wasn't able to tell the group that he had found a little girl in the swamp/river because he was dead...
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^ Got it the first time,
    No idea what you're talking about.

I didn't catch the part about Otis. I'm not super optimistic for February, but that last episode kept me from bailing.

So what seasons to buy? and what to forget about?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    They were storing the girl, or she snuck in there to sleep and got bitten. Either way, it doesn't bode well for the farm folks. I've been thinking for the past few episodes that the main group should just take over the farm. Looks like it might be headed that way. This season was terrible overall, though. The little girl coming out at the end was an interesting twist, but not worth an entire "season" of looking for her and the associated drama.
    Your right. That old man has been wasting all our time.

I grew into the show by watching the first season on DVD and loved it. Each episode of season 1 was legitimately tense. Some more so than others. And there were very interesting story-lines that merged together in the quest to the CDC.

So with anticipation I watched season 2. Ehhhh I'm disappointed. First it was just way to slow. I like character development a ton, but don't show me a soap and tell me it's othello. There were NO iconic moments at all. If this show runs well name me one iconic moment from the first half of season 2? I can't think of one besides Glenn getting laid in a drug store. Season 1 had 3 an episode.
    More galling was the abandonment of interesting characters from season 1. What happened the black guy with his son? Did Rick send that last warning and just say...ehhh fuck him. What about Merle? What did Jenner whisper to rick. It wasn't that Lori is pregnant. That would have come out. All of these are interesting plot lines that got dropped. Lame.

BUt ok...I stuck with it and feel like it has the second half of season two to redeem itself. Put up or shut up time.
    I'd like to see some major shake-ups with the crew. Maybe meet a few more bands of survivors. Maybe a few bad ones? Like the gang-bangers from season 1 maybe? Maybe somebody important gets bit. (Lori for the win?)

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    What happened the black guy with his son? Did Rick send that last warning and just say...ehhh fuck him.
    I had been under the impression that those two had been dead the whole time since the last time you see them the guy is giving away their location and wasting all their bullets. Figured he was basically "opting out" for himself and his son.
    I thought their offices would be strewn with bunny-fucking and condom dispensers, a veritable enchanted forest of cock shafts and twat mist. - JoeStrummer

Quote Originally Posted by belgian View Post
    I had been under the impression that those two had been dead the whole time since the last time you see them the guy is giving away their location and wasting all their bullets. Figured he was basically "opting out" for himself and his son.
    Good point. I'd like to at least revisit the idea....we did spend six episode searching for a girl nobody cared about.

Help needed

The family watched season 1 on Netflix and loved it. It may have gone downhill, but we all want to know happens in season 2. Where can I stream episodes from season 2?

ch131.com

It's really not worth your time though. Second season was fucking awful.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Its back, still slow, but at least they shot some yankees at the end.

I thought it was a good move towards a lot more shit happening in the second half of the season...I liked it.

However, the dumb bitch Lori and flipping the Taurus after hitting a walker is rather lame (unless they lose the kid or she dies, then I like it).
    Last edited by PowTron; 02-14-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    You should have been here yesterday!

I was surprised they didn't give any further details about the car crash. At least there was some action in the last episode. Entertaining, but still slow. Regardless, I'll tune in next week.

Killing off major characters has been a staple of the best HBO series. AMC should take a page from their book and knock a few people off. There couldn't be a better scenario for introducing new characters to replace newly deceased ones.

^^ I'm in if Lori dies.

It took too long to finally find some truly bad humans (Shane has one foot in this camp, but not completely), even the first season gang guys weren't really bad. I'm pretty sure if shit hits the fan the assholes aren't going to disappear.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Such an improvement.