Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    doughboyshredder Guest
    6 episode first season. Don't think they expected it to be wildly popular. It's already been renewed for another season.

My nominee for best show of the year.

yea but season two won't start until october 2011

doughboyshredder Guest
    yikes, that's a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    yikes, that's a long wait.
    Not as bad as the Sopranos was...not too bad, under a year?
    You should have been here yesterday!

I didn't read the posts, but please don't post about what happens in the comic books. I don't like knowing where the show is headed. Thanks.

fucking unbelievable, this is a fucking chick's show with gore. can't get over how bad this past week was. really dude, you had to cut your hand off. weak sauce, too bad. it could have been, much better. think 'The Road'; not 'Grey's Anatomy'. keep the storyline simple and just fuck shit up, and it's a good show. hard to wanna keep watching this over dramatic bullshit.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    fucking unbelievable, this is a fucking chick's show with gore. can't get over how bad this past week was. really dude, you had to cut your hand off. weak sauce, too bad. it could have been, much better. think 'The Road'; not 'Grey's Anatomy'. keep the storyline simple and just fuck shit up, and it's a good show. hard to wanna keep watching this over dramatic bullshit.
    Then don't watch it...you seem to be in the minority . I guess I must have a Vagina I don't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I think that the breakdown of social norms amid the trials of survival is a core theme to any post-apocalyptic tale, and part of what makes it a must-watch. It's the bridge between the fantasy and real everyday shit. What you perceive as a slowdown in the action is actually a crucial element to making this a good story. A small cast of characters; the dramatic shit is sometimes needed to better define them. Merle Dixon is rather well defined now I think, and I want to see he and his cretin brother die more than ever.
    Last edited by bio-smear; 11-19-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Bio-Smear, you are asking a lot for some people to understand that not all entertainment in America is defined by just how many explosions or kills happen.

I mean, plot and character development? C'mon, that takes too long.

actually think about it. The guy was exposed, dehydrated, going through withdrawl from heroin and to top that off he is handcuffed to a pipe with zombies trying to bust through a door and eat him with presumably no one to help him since he figures he is left for dead.

i think if i was in that situation i would do what it took to get out of it

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Just keeps getting better and better. Can't believe they only commissioned 6

doughboyshredder Guest
    ^^^ yep, they screwed the pooch on that one.

Rar CDC!!! Hooray!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    Rar CDC!!! Hooray!
    I loved the part where the last dude at the CDC was like "tomorrow, I may blow my brains out".

I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stikki View Post
    RTA.

The first 6 episodes didn't use the writers anyway, it will still be written by the same guys who wrote the first 6.

Just saw the issue #1 comic on Ebay for almost $300

End of the series was, eh...alright I guess.

Complete deviation in every way from the events of the books. That bodes well for the future, as said the books deal in things that probably wouldn't be germane for cable.

Not really happy with the ending and now waiting a year, but it is what it is.

From Dread Central (and also EW who broke the story)

For the past several days the Internet has been abuzz with the news that "The Walking Dead" showrunner Frank Darabont had fired his entire writing staff. Now comes clarification from his co-executive producer Gale Anne Hurd as to exactly what did or didn't go down.

According to EW.com Hurd (pictured below with series star Andrew Lincoln) has refuted the allegation that Darabont — who developed "The Walking Dead" for television and directed the pilot — had let go the show’s writers, including "Murder One" co-creator Charles "Chic" Eglee.

“It’s completely inaccurate,” she told EW. “[In] the writers’ room there are people that have set up other projects that will be their first priority if their own series is picked up as a pilot or if it’s a series. I think [Eglee] just decided that he wants to run his own show.”

As for the suspicion that we won't see "The Walking Dead" until next October, Hurd said, “I think Frank and Robert [Kirkman, writer of the Walking Dead comic and an executive producer on the show] will sit down early next year to begin mapping it out.” She also confirmed that “every one of the principal cast is signed up for multiple seasons.”

That's all well and good, but what about the man behind the monsters, Greg Nicotero? “We certainly hope he’ll be back,” said Hurd. “As with everything, it’s subject to availability. But he’s a very important member of the team, as are his colleagues at [Nicotero's effects house] KNB. KNB will still be [doing] our makeup effects.”

edit: so from what I could gather, it looks like the Examiner used this information, along with a sound bite where Darabont said he wanted to try the freelancer thing used on Torchwood, and put them together to make a seemingly important story made out of total bullshit.

Eglee is the only writer that is confirmed gone, the rest were either only contract for that season or went to other projects in the downtime, as season 2 hasn't even started production yet.

IMO, the script is one of the weaker parts of the show. It's a good show, but it definitely isn't on the same level as Breaking Bad.

Helldawg Guest
    Wow, really?

This show was, as someone said earlier, a zombie show for chicks.

Total plot ripoff of 28 Days Laters' opening, I mean c'mon, just try a little variation?

The hacksaw thing? I guess most of you are too young to remember The Road Warrior. You think Mel Gibson's crazy now? Ripoff.

How about the handling of zombie blood? At first they're all wrapping up in plastic with goggles and faceshields to avoid it. By episode 3 they are practically douching with it. Lame.

Anybody catch the dialogue between the blond sisters in the canoe? Talking about "dry lures" and fishing knots? Fucking idiot writers couldn't take 10 minutes to get one iota of fly fishing terminology correct. Shoddy.

All in all, it was zombie "lite" for the masses. Stupid and unoriginal. They did have an open license on the gore, but I need a little more to go with it.

C+

^^^^ Your signature automatically disqualifies you from having any logic.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I disagree with you on a lot about the show. I guess if you enjoy dialogue, you must be a chick. I better go check for my vagina.

Our review: meh.

"Days of our Lives" with gore. It's the zombie apocalypse and all they care about is "I love you", "my husband is back, fuck off", but, but "I love you" - fuck that go take the heads off some geeks already.

Zombie apocalypse = maintaining evening slightly normal life > lame'o love triangle.

Plus they could use some more creativity in killing off the beasties.

Helldawg Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    ^^^^ Your signature automatically disqualifies you from having any logic.
    Right-o. Y'know, I keep meaning to go in and CHANGE that, with all the great moves he's been making lately. When he's not on vacation that is...

But I digress, that sort of thing belongs in PoliAss, not the lame zombie show thread.

And now creator/producer/director Frank Darabont is out.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/show...mc-grimes.html

it probably just means kirkman is going to be writing more