Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DickMerkin View Post
    The show's got more holes than the Hustler Club, and the writing is piss poor. It's got potential, but if they don't start doing it better, I see one more season before they fold.
    This is AMC's baby, no way they are letting it die. Stuff it full of filler and drag it out for ever is more like it. The show is setting basic cable records and its audience was actually growing through the third season. That's pure gold in TV land. Something like three or four people watch WD for every viewer who tunes into the very expensive to produce "Boardwalk Empire." By comparison, "Lost" went into a viewership slide by this point. Most complicated plot serialized shows do not add new viewership but WD keeps building an audience; so expect at least 100 episodes. In this era of open hostility between red and blue state citizens, in a culture celebrating ruthless greed, where shows about hoarders and doomsday preppers are so popular that we apparently need a dozen or so and where yet another bird flu pandemic is unfolding as I type.....why wouldn't this show resonate with a big audience. Not to repeat the point, but, if it's a sci-fi level of consistency and zombie realism and nonstop zombie skull smashing you want, this show will probably disppoint you. They already went to the CDC and snuffed out that whole sci-fi element by first stating the plague was unbeatable and then blowing the CDC to smithereens in case you missed the point. Science will not come to the rescue, its not part of the show. Then the show quickly became centered around man's conflicted impulses towards civilization and morality, i.e. man vs man and man vs himself conflicts.

After about the fourth or fifth episode where Dale and Shane were going at it, I was like, yes, I too read "Lord of the Flies", half the english speaking world reads it in middle school....move the fuck on with some, uh, I dunno.....plot and action? Such a relief to see Dale getting disemboweled. But there needs to be some depth or its just repetative action. Consider another apocalypse story that sort of informs the world of WD. "Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome" had more budget than "Mad Max" and "The Road Warrior" combined. There's a reason the first two films are hailed as classics and Thunderdome is just a bloated, forgettable piece of shit. What with the popularity of doomsday and all, wouldn't you know it ... "Mad Max 4: Fury Road" is on the way, in 3D, of course.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 04-06-2013 at 11:16 AM.

^^Wow, that's a pretty buffy analysis!!

No idea if it's correct or not, but you sound convincing enough...

So let me rephrase, if the writing stays crummy, then the dumb factor will outweigh the entertainment factor, and I'll stop watching. I guess they can move forward int the rest of the apocalypse without my continued support

So, ah, just in case any of you Walking Dead fans are also video gamers, and looking to fill the Zombie hole that the end of season 3 left you with, I will give you 10 hours of fun and entertainment, and spare you 7 or 8 hours of misery.

old Walking Dead game (by Telltale)= awesome

NEW Walking Dead, Survival Instinct (by Activision)= awful

YMMV

I missed the first 10 min. Did the kid who turned into a zombie get bit at the beginning? Or is this going to be a new round of insta-zombie?

No, it is setting a new precident. No bite

Airborne virus??? That would be bad.

Edit: They made a big scene with this kid shaking Daryl's hand. Think it was transmitted to him?
    Last edited by nogophers; 10-14-2013 at 10:29 AM.

I drop Zombie Bombs like Hiroshima!
    You should have been here yesterday!

Im guessing there is a deadly virus going around. Remember the pig died of being sick as well. Hershel is a vet, right? Why didn't he look at the pig?

I keep asking myself why they do certain things on this show. Why doesnt everyone go out and kill the walkers on the fence? Why are the walkers attracted to the prison more now than before? Why did the ceiling start collapsing at the exact moment they were inside when those walkers have been up there presumably for months. Why doesnt Rick want to carry a gun? Why is the big black dude afraid of the walkers all of a sudden? Why hasnt glen died yet?

I hope this season is a good one or I'll be asking myself why I'm still watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    I missed the first 10 min. Did the kid who turned into a zombie get bit at the beginning? Or is this going to be a new round of insta-zombie?
    Dude, everybody's got it. When you die, wait a few, and it's walking time. They established that a long time ago.

I want Breaking Bad back.

Benny beat me to it - the zombie virus is ubiquitous. Looks like they're now going to have to contend with another virus - swine fever? Wasn't that a dying wild hog that the crazy lady was going to butcher and bring back to her "friend"?

I have a feeling with this season it's going to be off the wall carnage and extremely dark with all these new characters to kill off. Very good opener.
    I firgured the lady in the woods had a walker baby, sounds like it was her boyfriend's head. I am wondering if they are going to take it there in some form though (walker babies), that would be some pretty dark material

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Benny beat me to it - the zombie virus is ubiquitous. Looks like they're now going to have to contend with another virus - swine fever? Wasn't that a dying wild hog that the crazy lady was going to butcher and bring back to her "friend"?
    I thought flu , most flus come from areas where people and pigs live together. So if pigs are sick , maybe effect of probably eating zombie parts, it could be passed to humans. There was a walker that rick looked at the fence. He had bloody eyes just like the kid. You get the pig flu or pig zomie parts ebola , you start bleeding from orifices, eyes - asshole, didn't he leave bloody foot prints on way to shower, and then you die and become a zomie.

Couldn't this be the downside of growing food rather than just eating processed food from before Zomie?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawless View Post
    Why hasnt glen died yet?

LOL ive said that at least 4 or 5 times

Yeah, but, where did their pigs come from? I thought that opening scene was a dream. Nice little garden, cute little piggies. wtf? Where did they find a pregnant pig, and how did they get it back to the prison? (Before a walker ate it up)

I had wondered why they weren't killing the fence walkers before too.. now there is a shit-ton of them, because there are a bunch more people in there and they can smell them, let alone having barbeques out in the courtyard. If you look at the intro graphics, it shows Rick standing in the middle of a busted fence..

Wouldn't there be a pile of dead zombies about five feet deep along the fence by now, if you really want to get technical about it.

I believe a forthcoming plot point is that someone in the compound is feeding the fence walkers, I'm guessing one of the kids.

Feeding them ....... what?!?

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Wouldn't there be a pile of dead zombies about five feet deep along the fence by now, if you really want to get technical about it.
    Yeah. If I tune in next week and there isn't a large pile of bodies out there, I'll scream.

But, hey, then again, they might be screwing themselves by making a pile the walkers can climb up and over the fence?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Feeding them ....... what?!?
    Rats or rodents of some kind

neckdeep hit the nail on the head. Just read that they're currently working on a spinoff that has absolutely nothing to do with the current show...aside from zombies of course. One thing was saying it would be based on the moon. Not sure how true that is, but I can't say I'd be surprised.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by marcg View Post
    Rats or rodents of some kind
    you cheating??
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Just like at farm why don't they build a dry moat/ditch at least 8 feet deep. When it getting too full burn them up cover them over and repeat.

WHO BURNED THE BODIES????? WHY?!??!?!?

zombies love bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Suppositories convinced me it was a good idea to wear a helmet.