Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    I thought I saw a rolled up sleeping pad on that guys pack and it got me to thinking of "how in the hell would you ever sleep"? Kinda made you feel scared for him.

Seeing the torn up remains with the pack on the roadside was a surprise. I figured the solo guy would make an appearance somehow, soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    I found it a morality tale or a statement on what the world of the people who survived has become. Not sure what to make of when they passed the backpacker. Shit to survive alone just walking around is either super dumb luck or skill. A bit a black humour that they back up to grab the backpack.
    I liked this episode a lot...served multiple purposes (take on society, their old town, even their old home (burnt out)) and also showing what happened to Morgan. It also showed that Michonne and Rick are going to develop a bond and maybe more (jungle fever!).

It also allowed them to find a stock pile of crazy guns, grenades, and ammo. I just think they should have taken MORE since crazy-Morgan told them to.

I liked Morgan's zombie obstacle course and the using of rodents on skateboards as distractions. Both things the group can use going forward.
    You should have been here yesterday!

I thought it was a good episode. Rick needed to come back to reality, and seeing Morgan and what would become of him if he kept trying to isolating himself seemed like a good way to do it.

The governor is a new problem for the group. They've spent their time fighting zombies, and small groups, not sadistic wackos backed by a small army. Clearly the attack was a wakeup call, since they went all the way back to their home town for weapons (which also answered the Morgan question). From the previews, it looks like Rick will try to negotiate. When that fails, they'll step up and kick some ass.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    They should of had someone up in those watch towers with rifles at all times.
    Good point, they use to have someone standing on that RV all the time and it worked well now they just hang out.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

I liked this last episode. I kind of think the scenes between rick and morgan should of been a bit more intense, rick should of done something out of character and fucking hugged the guy or something, maybe thats just me but it would of been a lot more compelling.

I also get them not picking up the hitchhiker was a commentary on the world now being such a harsh place that no one can trust each other, but its still stupid to me. They need manpower to fight the governor as well as to secure the prison and turn it into a place where a real community can be rebuilt. What good are all those guns when they only have like 10 people? The bigger their community gets the less of a risk it will become to assimilate new people and they will fucking grow in power security stability and quality of life. Also just trying to play it safe and avoid problems is just sitting around waiting to die basically. They need to fucking build something and move forward so they can start farming food or they will all starve to death. Scavenging leftovers from civilization is not sustainable.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Wife and i just got into this show a bit ago and finally caught up to the new episodes. Thought it was interesting the group that was sent out of the prison ended up in woodbury. Remember the two white guys in the group wanted to kill the prison group and take over. Maybe they will take the governor out? Seems like every little detail of the show comes back at some point.

Also dont understand why they dont fix the fence at the prison where that group came through and where the walking truck crashed through. Need to clear the entire compound to make it viable long term. Rick talked about an armory real close to the prison when they found it. Why not look for the armory?

Overall it seems like they waste a lot of bullets. Why walk by a walker with his face pressed against the fence and not put a pipe or knife through it? This should be busy work when theres nothing else to do.

But why do they always seem to be walking right by a Humvee with a 50cal mounted on top and still drive away in POS? Maybe that was in the first season but it was strange.

Now one guy crazy and on his own has a huge stock pile of guns and grenades.

I guess the back packer showed how hard they had become but how often do they see survivors. Maybe seeing the blood and backpack will change them in that if you don't take them in they will die.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    I thought I saw a rolled up sleeping pad on that guys pack and it got me to thinking of "how in the hell would you ever sleep"? Kinda made you feel scared for him.

Seeing the torn up remains with the pack on the roadside was a surprise. I figured the solo guy would make an appearance somehow, soon.
    You've got to think at this point, it's been what, 8/9+ months since the zombies showed up. If the guy could go that long solo without having trouble, he must be able to handle his own. Either that, or he was in a group that pushed him out because he was enough of a pain in the ass to condemn him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawless View Post
    You've got to think at this point, it's been what, 8/9+ months since the zombies showed up. If the guy could go that long solo without having trouble, he must be able to handle his own. Either that, or he was in a group that pushed him out because he was enough of a pain in the ass to condemn him.
    hadn't thought of that banishment, like Meryl would have been
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    But why do they always seem to be walking right by a Humvee with a 50cal mounted on top and still drive away in POS? Maybe that was in the first season but it was strange.
    Cuz its not Hummer throwing down the spansership $$, its Hundai...

Pretty sure I skipped by some high(er) end car ads in this weeks episode tho, although I can't remember what for.. maybe theres a change coming?

I wonder how Hyundai feels about their SUV getting stuck in some wet grass.

Lawless, I was thinking the same thing. The guy has managed to hold on for this long, why the fuck is he running down the middle of a road screaming his head off?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Okay here we go.... so wife and I are watching, for the first time tonight, Season 1 episode 1. Bought the first season on Huku. Cool little toy btw. Kinda stoked

^^^enjoy man.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Suppositories convinced me it was a good idea to wear a helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I also get them not picking up the hitchhiker was a commentary on the world now being such a harsh place that no one can trust each other, but its still stupid to me. They need manpower to fight the governor as well as to secure the prison and turn it into a place where a real community can be rebuilt. What good are all those guns when they only have like 10 people? The bigger their community gets the less of a risk it will become to assimilate new people and they will fucking grow in power security stability and quality of life. Also just trying to play it safe and avoid problems is just sitting around waiting to die basically. They need to fucking build something and move forward so they can start farming food or they will all starve to death. Scavenging leftovers from civilization is not sustainable.
    exactly. and it makes me like rick even less. he's not only a psycho but he's lost his humanity and right in front of his kid. carl didn't even protest. carl is well on his way to being the next amoral psycho.

Wasn't the hitchhiker a leftover from the subie Meryl wanted to grab?
    Didn't keep the epi on dvr.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post
    That's what I thought, but maybe I just wanted to think that ...or that red car in the road with the bodies and faces ripped off, I thought that may have been the same vehicle Merle tried to hijack.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Them shunning outsiders is so dumb. They need more people not less. And why aren't they constantly killing the zombies in and just outside the prison? One person should just be walking the inside of the fence killing everyone of them. Zero risk. Then when you go to leave or enter you don't have to go through a horde of walkers every time.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Them shunning outsiders is so dumb. They need more people not less. And why aren't they constantly killing the zombies in and just outside the prison? One person should just be walking the inside of the fence killing everyone of them. Zero risk. Then when you go to leave or enter you don't have to go through a horde of walkers every time.

At first I couldn't see why they weren't just clearing out the area between the two fences. Unless really low on ammo but Michone could do it just for cardio.

The outside fence is fucked so unless they fix that clearing out the area doesn't do much. Maybe they think as they have another entrance just leave that one with walkers as kind of a walker moat. Weak I know

The fact they have no heavy equipment bugs me. A front end loader with forks and a bucket. For piling cars or removing cars. Maybe Deer or Case can give them money to run ads. They try to start a Cat and it won't turn over but the Deere runs great.

They should of just kidnapped morgan and let him clear zombies at the prison. He wouldn;t of liked it but, tough love. Over time he would of healed, and till that happened, they could have an easy time convincing him that it was a better easier place to kill them through the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post
    Don't think so. Pretty sure none of those folks spoke english unless my memory is failing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    exactly. and it makes me like rick even less. he's not only a psycho but he's lost his humanity and right in front of his kid. carl didn't even protest. carl is well on his way to being the next amoral psycho.
    But its also just stupid. The governor is smart enough to realize that, and we all know he is not the archetype of a moral human.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

fwiw, i noticed a considerable improvement in direction/camerawork in the last episode. very artistic and more like a proper film. as i watched it i thought "damn, this is getting better, looks like breaking bad". just looked up the credit and it was directed by tricia brock, who has also done a breaking bad episode. sadly, she isn't scheduled to do any more.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Them shunning outsiders is so dumb. They need more people not less.
    How do they know if an 'outsider' isn't a trojan horse from Woodbury (sp)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pow View Post
    How do they know if an 'outsider' isn't a trojan horse from Woodbury (sp)?
    Cus woodbury probably doesnt just leave their people on random roads unarmed and alone on the off chance rick or his people would stop by? Also, they are in a prison. They can lock people up till they get to know them and gradually integrate them into the group by building trust/responsibility. If they have any trust for myrll, (which they should have a little since the governor obviously wants him dead now) they could rely on him to ID them. Also, even if they are spies or something, I'd rather have them locked up in the prison than free to attack it.

Also, andrea and myrll are stupid for not explaining to rick that the community of woodbury doesnt have full knowledge of the situation. They have been lied to and led along. That means only a few members of woodbury are really down with what the governor is doing and is capable of. If they could somehow show the residents of woodbury that following him is not in their best interests that would be all that was needed to destroy his power. Andrea especially should of seen this as pertinent information.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Good points.

But you've got to think that one or more of the Guvnor's men is monitoring the comings and goings from the prison.

What no comments on the Rick/Gov'n summit?

I think the Gov'nor is getting cocky in that some of his own people know too much of his mind.

Yeah, I think last night's episode made it clear that both the governor and merle will have to go. I predict both of them going out at the same time. Merle taking out the governor and losing his life at the same time? Maybe merle taking over woodbury?

Kind of a slow episode, but did give the woodbury people a sense of who the prison group is and what the governor is capable of.