Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Offishal A-Basin Hook up thread 2010-11

Or something... Anyway, any body wanna shred and maybe hit Loveland pass tomorrow? Assuming of course that you don't mind being seen with a snowboarder.

I'll be wear a Red OR soft shell and some Carolina blue pants. Probably riding on a beat up ass Skate Banana. Might throw the splitboard on the roof rack.

what's the name of the open face directly across the road from the base area? there were some nice looking tracks laid down there today. anybody want to claim them?

I'll probably be there on Saturday sometime...

Just wanted to thank the post for using the proper name, A-Basin. Saying "Abay" = GAY!

I'll be at the Basin Saturday, Sunday, and maybe monday. Hopefully there's enough snow to test my new Nomads.

Pass was fun yesterday, I would recommend riding there over the area at least for a few weeks.

dmintz, that's the "little Professor"

I call it "da bay" which is cooler than "A-bay" because ^^^ told me so.

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    I'll be at the Basin Saturday, Sunday, and maybe monday. Hopefully there's enough snow to test my new Nomads.
    Bring a snorkle.

gunit130 Guest
    You guys are all fucking morons. Back in the day it was so much more core to be at Abay. You could sleep in last chance lot. You could camp up by the CDOT building without getting arrested. You could smoke herb in the lot without fear of being arrested and you could hang with all the other cool mags at the Abay spring summit.

Now it's a bunch of kooks from Washington Park who moved here 6 months ago from Iowa.

I love A-Basin. Too bad I live in Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by gunit130 View Post
    You guys are all fucking morons. Back in the day it was so much more core to be at Abay. You could sleep in last chance lot. You could camp up by the CDOT building without getting arrested. You could smoke herb in the lot without fear of being arrested and you could hang with all the other cool mags at the Abay spring summit.

Now it's a bunch of kooks from Washington Park who moved here 6 months ago from Iowa.
    Well fuck me, I'm sorry I wasn't born 15 years earlier. My fucking bad.

I went and made a few runs this afternoon. It was a bit icy in spots, but fun for October. the Professor looked good and I watched somebody make first tracks down Dave's Wave. Looked really thin on the wave.

If any body wants to hike for some turns on Loveland pass this weekend get in touch. PM is probably best. Got the Avy kit, etc.

I'll be over on Sunday
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

The bottom bathroom was still pretty core, last time my spoiled ass was near there

Maybe gonna hike Loveland Pass Saturday, cya out there mags!

Last edited by PowTrees; 10-29-2010 at 06:59 PM.

I hope you are just trolling, but my memories of "back in the day" at A-Basin, were that the gear sucked (skinny skis, leather tele boots, neon), nobody had any av gear or knowledge, lifts were slow, everybody was from somewhere else,etc. I will admit the drugs were better and cheaper, so maybe that has colored people's memories.
    Weird that people enjoying themselves makes you so angry...

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Pass was fun yesterday, I would recommend riding there over the area at least for a few weeks.

dmintz, that's the "little Professor"
    Thanks for the beta! Found fun conditions today, windblown powder, packed powder, and some softer stuff today hiking Loveland Pass

Anybody know any thing about the spring. I know it was supposedly contaminated last year, but has anyone drank from it and gotten sick or not gotten sick?

PowTron, any cracking or signs of instability up on the pass?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Edgnar View Post
    on the pass?
    LL Pass today = biggest jonkshow ever

Yes, junkshow + jongshow = jonkshow
    I've got more suits than Liberace, but less than Eastvailhucker.

I already put these pics up but I guess they'll go better here. Loveland Pass on Thursday with daver. So fun.

Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Heading up for a few runs today, probably hit the pass and not the area. Anyone else?

Whoa! After checking the webcam and seeing the que.... definitely hitting the pass if not some random BC area.

So is A Basin a code word for something? I'm an attractive 35 year old ski bum, brown hair, blue ey..............Oh shit, you mean the ski area.

Shredgnar, I'm looking to meet up with someone for the pass or BC somewhere. I don't Think I have your number anymore, do you still have mine? I'll send PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewall View Post
    I love A-Basin. Too bad I live in Virginia.
    Fuck A Basin, Virgina is for lovers!

Good turns with ShredGnar on Dave's Wave last Sunday, any body heading up this weekend? Probably gonna hit the basin early tomorrow.

How was Pali today??

Quote Originally Posted by MCH View Post
    How was Pali today??
    Tracked out and windblown. Still fun for november skiing though.

The word was out today that a beacon/shovel/probe got you into the Alleys or Pali's bowl? Anyone know if that going on tomorrow too?