Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Not to trump peaches but I've got a 1st gen Fox DHX Air 5.0 shock (8.5 x 2.5) that I could donate. Only caveat is that it needs a rebuild or some sort of service as it is stuck fully compressed.

I just bought PeachesN'Cream's 2007 DHX for the Karma project bike!

Peaches - Thanks for the deal and letting me call dibs on your shock!

mrryde and ZomblibulaX - Thank you for the cash, your donations covered most of the cost!
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

IG, I'm still in on this, but over my head in multiple projects (re-organizing my shop + 1 build and X many tunes.) As a good faith move I'm sending what is in my PP account as a gift to keep things rolling until I get my shit together and send some parts.

DRS
    "Always remember to be yourself. Unless you suck" Joss Whedon

Quote Originally Posted by drsmonkey View Post
    IG, I'm still in on this, but over my head in multiple projects (re-organizing my shop + 1 build and X many tunes.) As a good faith move I'm sending what is in my PP account as a gift to keep things rolling until I get my shit together and send some parts.

DRS
    Wow, very nice!
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

I'll send the shock out on Monday.

Looks like all the other random parts I have on hand to contribute have already been covered by better bits and probably not worth shipping in attempt to sell. For example RF Evo DH cranks — will work, but not the best choice : )

Found a squeaky-clean DHX 5.0 in my post office box today.

Thank you Peaches!

Kinda forgot about this, you still want/need the tire and seatpost.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by rludes025 View Post
    Kinda forgot about this, you still want/need the tire and seatpost.
    Yes, please.

I'm still interested in receiving anything and everything people are willing to donate. I've actually had quite a few people ask me if the Karma bike project can be an ongoing service project. I'm happy to do it as long as people are willing to support the project on an ongoing basis.

I received a nice care package from powking12. I haven't had time to inventory everything in the box, but I will update the list on a page 1 when I do.

Thank you for your support of the Karma project bike powking12!

Im a bit confused as to what you still need. I can cover some stuff.
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

Quote Originally Posted by gonehuckin View Post
    Im a bit confused as to what you still need. I can cover some stuff.
    I've tried to list what parts I've received and what I still need in my original post. I need to figure out what parts I have that will go on the bike and what parts I need to sell.

As I've said before, any money raised from the sale of parts that are duplicates, that aren't appropriate or don't fit the bike, will be used to purchase or make repairs as needed. For instance, there is a fork that I've been approached about for the project, but it needs to be rebuilt.

As I've also said before, I will happily accept any parts generous Maggots are willing to donate to the Karma bike project.

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    I've tried to list what parts I've received and what I still need in my original post. I need to figure out what parts I have that will go on the bike and what parts I need to sell.

As I've said before, any money raised from the sale of parts that are duplicates, that aren't appropriate or don't fit the bike, will be used to purchase or make repairs as needed. For instance, there is a fork that I've been approached about for the project, but it needs to be rebuilt.

As I've also said before, I will happily accept any parts generous Maggots are willing to donate to the Karma bike project.
    Ok. I'll cover a new saddle and new rubber. Send me a pm after the new year with the shipping address.
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

Quote Originally Posted by gonehuckin View Post
    Ok. I'll cover a new saddle and new rubber. Send me a pm after the new year with the shipping address.
    Very cool, thank you!

Happy holidays to you and yours.

powking12 very generously donated the following:
    XT & Saint front derailleurs
    Bontrager Race & Funn Serial Mx stems
    Salsa QR seat clamp
    WTB Speed V saddle
    Camelbak Mule w/o bladder

Thanks again!

Still planning on sending you those shifters when I get my act together.

Quote Originally Posted by ikkin View Post
    Still planning on sending you those shifters when I get my act together.
    New Years resolution?

nah. i would never resolve to get my act together. too much work.

Bump!

Spring is coming and the Karma project bike is moving forward. If you have something to contribute, I would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments and drop your donation in a box and send it to me. Send a PM for my mailing or shipping address.

How about a 170mm 04 888, I'm too cheap to pay Marz retail for one and don't have the resources to try and fix the broken one.

It needs a comp cartridge otherwise it's in great shape, I think it had been recently gone through and had the bushings replaced before i got it.

Let me know if you're interested
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChief View Post
    How about a 170mm 04 888, I'm too cheap to pay Marz retail for one and don't have the resources to try and fix the broken one.

It needs a comp cartridge otherwise it's in great shape, I think it had been recently gone through and had the bushings replaced before i got it.

Let me know if you're interested
    Hell yes I'm interested! But I don't know much about triple 8s from 11 years ago. It sounds great, but I would love some input from anyone that is familiar with this fork.

Thanks Chief!

I know the damn thing is cherry besides the broken cart. Kris at Go-Ride said he could order the cartridge about a year ago. If you mention the karma project, he may be willing to work with you on the price. What he quoted me wasn't crazy, like $125 I think?

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I know the damn thing is cherry besides the broken cart. Kris at Go-Ride said he could order the cartridge about a year ago. If you mention the karma project, he may be willing to work with you on the price. What he quoted me wasn't crazy, like $125 I think?
    OK, sounds like a good deal on a good fork. The question is whether it's the right fork for the AS-X.

SuperChief - PM coming your way.

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    OK, sounds like a good deal on a good fork. The question is whether it's the right fork for the AS-X.

SuperChief - PM coming your way.
    Call Krispy to ask about the cost for the cartridge and ask him his opinion on it.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

I'm not shy, I called Marzocchi directly and asked if they would be willing to donate the cartridge and a new seal kit for the rebuild. The person I spoke with was very nice and asked me to submit my request in writing, which I have done.

I'll let you know what they say.

That's a fine fork. You can really butter them out with a little tweaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!