Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Not alpine ski related (NASR), but if there are any nordies out there, my daughter and I went crust cruising for about 5 miles along the river this morning and it was great. Nice strong crust and fast. I'd bet cold mornings are awesome in the Park right now.

Don't know much about crust skiing... but W. Hourglass was blower today

Can anyone use some discount vouchers for the village?

I've got six that'll give ya $20 off a day ticket...send pm

Boy do I ever hate southerly flow storms....Sun Valley almost to 30 inches, the Village gets half a foot and nuthin but warm wet farts for the Ghee. Fuckin rain shadow! Well, on the bright side, I just blew the brains out of the skunk that moved in under my cabin a few days ago.....red mist for Pepe le Phew.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Boy do I ever hate southerly flow storms....Sun Valley almost to 30 inches, the Village gets half a foot and nuthin but warm wet farts for the Ghee. Fuckin rain shadow!
    Hopefully we'll make up for it with the wrap around tonight and tomorrow.

If you or you know who broke trail up 25 short and towards 10696 and then skied Buck Chuter with a rapel with 3 snowboarders behind you first off thanks for breaking trail and Ive got your accessory cord and biner since we downclimbed. No nuts thought. Those were in there good. PM me and let let me know what you used and its all yours.

Oh and fair bit of wind up high but no signs of instability observed.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Waist deep easy. Face shots all the way down NColter on the last run.
    Best day in years for me, easy.

$$
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Anybody been south near Ferry peak lately? Im looking for some beta.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

targhee got deeeep today. very reactive soft slab forming as the day went on. had the snow fracture and start to pull out from under me a few times... sketchy. stay smart out there tomorrow!

Yes, snowing sideways all day, but clearing now.

Had Toilet Bowl (Targhee version) sluff pretty big on us this afternoon too. Easy a foot since the morning.

Peace coast did you want to try on the 26 Intuition Power Wrap? Gimme a shout.

Today, the Village OB was the best day of my season (both quality and quantity) with the 30"+ Grand Targhee dump coming in at a close second (quality, but I had to cut it short due to work).

Heads up. Granite C. was producing large and somewhat alarming sloughs at the end of the day... I made absolute sure I had escape routes for every turn. And some sloughs took out the bottom traverse track.

Anyway, thanks Creator, Ullr and all other dieties responsible for this great season... fingers crossed that it finishes out fullfilling and safe for all.

LTD

hahahahaha

Wait, it snowed at the village today?

Don't know nuthin' bout that.

Nor did anyone get wind of it: http://alpenhoflodge.com/tramcam/

Be safe!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiJunky05 View Post
    Nor did anyone get wind of it: http://alpenhoflodge.com/tramcam/

Be safe!
    ya WTF! 5678

Lost a ski on the edge of the bowl yesterday and got it returned today. Much thanks for whoever picked it up!

skied powder, got a sunburn. yay march!

Best ski day of my life! Thanks Ghee!

I estimated recently that I have over 600 days at Targhee in 20 years or so.

Today was easily one of the top five.

It wasn't just the snow, it was the sunshine, the great company, the zero lines, no wind...and my first real day back lift served in two months!

Great day for the Beeeg Old Swallowtail, sac delivered!
    Last edited by rideit; 03-23-2011 at 11:37 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

well played gents. I was in a five hour meeting on snake river management planning, but knowing y'all were schralping today and fixing to be on the rio this summer was somehow pretty damn motivating.

Get it!!!!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I have a few half-price Targhee coupons kicking around that need to be used by the end of the season. Doesn't look like I'll need them and I'd hate to see them go to waste. PM if interested.

Lots of variable conditions up high. Slight suncrust on all aspects that get any solar radiation. North facing still seems to be the ticket, but noticed winds coming out of the N today and definitely some wind effect in Garnet. Also, very reactive soft slabs, got a 24 inch SS to go with a cornice drop on NE aspect. The snow was still good afterwards though as Adimmen can testify...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06193.gif 
Views:	72 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	95325  
    Last edited by coolstine; 04-01-2011 at 08:28 PM.
    "Ah, beer, my one weakness. My Achille's heel, if you will." -Homer Simpson

Smile grateful lurker

If you found my wallet at the top of the mushroom shoots and returned it with every penny in it. Tell me my name and the drinks are on me. You made a great day fantastic.

FRICKIN DEEP!!! in the sidecountry today,bell to bell not to crowded, sorry no pics

Just did a mission into Avalanche Canyon from the n side of 25 short, sortof a steep circuitous line. Great powder sluffs up high, from 10 down to about 9500', then below that it was quite wind loaded, cross loading from the west, funneled through the tight neck of the canyon. Lots of very easily triggered soft slabs about 10" to a foot thick, up to 2' in places. Nothing that stayed together and moved really big, just a lot of energy. Lots of wind transport of the new snow all around the mtns.