Page 71 of 84 FirstFirst ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2093

10-4

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    I'd never book a ticket to the Wasatch hoping for good spring skiing. Bishop and Sierra east side, but not the Wasatch. Just too damn unpredictable here, as it could be 99 degrees next week.
    i do hear ya there on that. was just gonna try to hook up and visit/tour with a friend for 5 or 6 days. would def be a last minute decision or less than a week out booked flight.

hoping for clear/cool nights, then.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by yabyum View Post
    I feel for that parking lot dog, after a winter of feasting on bagels and little debbie snack cake he has to find some potguts to eat, and there under 190 inches of snow!
    Whiskey will survive just fine. he weathered out the 04-05 season just fine and has been getting fed regularly by the UTA bus drivers. i'm pretty sure he eats better than i do.

Hellgate slid all day thunderous...
    Baldy skied fast with rollerballs that could catch you without proper slough management. [TGRPHOTO]104_0997.JPG/TGRPHOTO]

I luv the Wasatch!
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

i will take wasatch over squawsnatch n e day

I've never caught anything from the Wasatch that required a doctors visit.

Another 4" up at alta so fa this morning...

I'd never book a ticket to the Wasatch hoping for good spring skiing. Bishop and Sierra east side, but not the Wasatch. Just too damn unpredictable here, as it could be 99 degrees next week.
    i can also think of a half dozen other places in the west that are known for excellent spring skiing and that you can only ski in the late spring or early summer. the wasatch, unfortunately, is not either of these.

The 4" or so of new snow at 9,500 skied better than expected this morning. The moderate density snow did a good job of making the bottom feel less noticeable.
    "Officially known as Highway U-210, more commonly known as Little Cottonwood Canyon and unofficially acknowledged as the epicenter of the greatest snow on earth." Andrew McLean

Good skiing on north aspects at 11,000ft at 10:15am. 3" of dense, softening snow over supportable, firm base. Plenty of non-threatening rollerball action. Tomorrow on north aspects might be the Wasatch version of corn. Get it while it's good. South aspects (right off the road) did not refreeze it would seem.

love them skinny skis

Skied up Lone Pk this morning. Crust over mush to 10k' made for slow booting or edgy skinning. The easiest solution was to go straight up. These are the days that ski crampons are made for.

The Provo bros almost to the top of the North headwall.

3" dense snow and graupel over carveable old snow made for quality turning

Random hiker: "Is there still snow up there?1?"
    Next hiker, two minutes later: "Is there still snow up there?!?"
    Next random hiker: "Is there still snow???"
    Ian: "No."

bootgasm at the Bells trailhead

Nice! Good to see someone getting after it this morning. The snow was good today. Sounds like those hikers have the Utah blinders on, they keep you from looking up.

Seriously. At first I thought it was sarcasm, 'cause you can see there's still lots of snow up high, even from the leafy green parts of the trail. But then we kept getting asked sincerely again and again so it got funnier. Or maybe it was just the "no point in going to bed now if we're leaving in two hours" all-nighter slap-happiness.

best to announce yourself in the early summer "Watch you kids, crazy people approaching!"

Nice shots!

Quote Originally Posted by The Gnarwhale View Post
    Seriously. At first I thought it was sarcasm, 'cause you can see there's still lots of snow up high, even from the leafy green parts of the trail. But then we kept getting asked sincerely again and again so it got funnier. Or maybe it was just the "no point in going to bed now if we're leaving in two hours" all-nighter slap-happiness.
    The Tetons are horrendous in that matter as well. Hiking down in June with skis, if the trails are dry and hikers are coming up, you almost need a billboard.

"Yes, there's still snow. Yes, we skied".

"Yes, we went to the top".

i love showin up at the plasma center with my face sun burned black and tan lines from boot tops to below knee shorts - oh ya an my spring bird pass around my neck...n you can see the entire slc wasatch with SNOW from the front windows - Trackhead i consider you the UAC in the off season - thanks for many great obs.

LIKE.

tells a great tale.

rog

Wait-
    There's snow still up there?

Mind = Blown.

Ho-Hum. Not that any of you give a shit anymore but another 12-14 inches def. possible through the next 72 hours. Yawn. We at 800 yet?

I was lazy and skinned up north aspects at 9:30am to 11,000ft. All aspects were Wasatch Mash Potato with no refreeze.

We always have big hopes for corn here, but it rarely seems to happen.

I skied some dry new snow around and above 11,000' this morning. The best skiing was in the upper reaches of a deep drainage, in a concave chute. Below that was mashed potatoes after 10 a.m.

We always have big hopes for corn here, but it rarely seems to happen.
    my best corn experiences when living or visiting out there were in winter under weeks of high pressure. i can remember scoring some excellent corn on the green slope in upper snake creek in jan, and some great days sitting on main days throwing snowballs over the edge till they stuck, in march. damn, and then there was raymonds shoulder with corny gobbs exit and dreamy two trees mid morning corn deluxeness in late april before spending the rest of the days across the road at the bird. skied some amazing corn in late april of 09' never stays as good for as long as many other regions, but is nice when timed.

just needs to friggin stop snowing out there.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Ho-Hum. Not that any of you give a shit anymore but another 12-14 inches def. possible through the next 72 hours. Yawn. We at 800 yet?
    I still care, or perhaps it's just an incurable addiction. ...and I have my money on 802, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Nice morning at Alta with about 10-12" of new snow, slightly inverted, but skiing well. Lots of folks out for a little holiday fun.