Page 58 of 84 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2093
    April 9, 2011 - 4:30pm

UDOT plans to conduct avalanche control work in Little Cottonwood Canyon tomorrow (4/10/11) begining at 6:30 am. Stay clear of all highway avalanche paths until after 8:30 am.

Wasatch Conditions

Shit was redankulous today. It just won't stop. Let it snow!

It was a pleasure to see Jayman (broken femur dude) breaking trail full force again!

Skied all aspects except for S off Kessler. Non-stop blower. Dropped the E couloir from those nasty flakes off the top and got nothing to go. Full force down the W couloir, same thing; nothin. Sun never poked, snow never stopped, and it was snowing heaviest when we departed (5 sharp or so).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mike Top of Kessler 4.9.11.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	228.8 KB 
ID:	95921Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mike Down E Couloir 4.9.11 #3.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	266.3 KB 
ID:	95923Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jay Up the Fuzzy Navel 4.9.11.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	353.4 KB 
ID:	95922Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boys Across the River 4.9.11.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	325.9 KB 
ID:	95920

patsy marley must have been one hell of a whore.

Wasatch Conditions

Skied a south facing slide path in mid Little Cottonwood this afternoon. No instabilities in the new snow noted. Some wet slide debris from yesterdays greenhousing, but easily avoidable. Steady snow all day with light densities and light winds (does it get any better than that). Echoing what Alx88 said it started snowing hardest on descent around 5p.m. Great conditions for south facing in mid april. It skined like 5 inches and skied like 2 feet.

Does anyone besides me think the guy (Liam I think is his name) who is in charge of the canyon road a fucking moron.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    Does anyone besides me think the guy (Liam I think is his name) who is in charge of the canyon road a fucking moron.
    ... it will be very interesting what comments, if any, such a statement as this generates around here .....
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    ... it will be very interesting what comments, if any, such a statement as this generates around here .....
    A comment as retarded as that really doesn't garner any comment.

Probably not anyone who knows what they're talking about.

Yeah, I can't understand why they keep closing the road to LCC.
    Last edited by sfotex; 04-11-2011 at 07:35 AM.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Liam is the man, on multiple levels. I can't imagine how much stress he and his crew deal with in an average winter, let alone the winters we've been having lately around here.

mind expanding on why you feel that way?

Seen anybody get hit by a slide in the canyon lately? You should head off to Park City Et. Al. where you wont have that problem. Did I mention you are a Douche?
    carpe diem vita brevis

you are a custie.

I guess all you douche rookie east coast transient fucks weren't around when he was in charge at Snowbird. On powder days, Alta would be 100% open, at the Bird it would be Intrelodge or Wilbre lift only until about 11. Then the Tram would open with Regulator only until around 1 or 2 and there would be 300 people waiting for them to drop the rope to the Cirque.

Now its, Oh my it snowed 5 inches better close the road. It snowed 3 inches better close the road. Holy shit! it might snow, better call for interlodge and close the road.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

I guess all you douche rookie east coast transient fucks weren't around when he was in charge at Snowbird. On powder days, Alta would be 100% open, at the Bird it would be Intrelodge or Wilbre lift only until about 11. Then the Tram would open with Regulator only until around 1 or 2 and there would be 300 people waiting for them to drop the rope to the Cirque.

Now its, Oh my it snowed 5 inches better close the road. It snowed 3 inches better close the road. Holy shit! it might snow, better call for interlodge and close the road.
    Well, I'm sold

SOLUTION

MOVE AND BITCH SOMEWHERE ELSE.

just saying, from back east mutha fucka.

rog

Post March 77

Perhaps the March 77 inbound fatality at the Bird and inbound fatality at Alta sometime in the early 80's had an affect on Ian's perspective?

funny as hell video.
    http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7661505/dawn-patrollers

Wasatch Conditions

"Faceshots were optional" was the quote of the day, gracefully spoken from Jim's lady, Allison. In case you were stuck in church or something of the sort, it didn't stop snowing.. For a third day in a row. The sun poked for maybe 23 1/2 minutes before 5:00pm.. Somebody musta got a sun-run cuz I heard all sorts of hootin and hollerin coming from the Cardiff floor.

Went out for a rebate on yesterday, switched up the aspect on the second lap.. The runs I did skied more stable then yesterday (hell of a slide on the diving board).SW was skiing good. Had the time for one photo today, or was it the light? Video is on its way

How many times have we seen that dawn patrol clip? Sweet stoke. I couldn't tell if it was dawn or if I was underneath the Bay Bridge today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chris Argenta Headwall 4.10.11.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	360.1 KB 
ID:	95942

Liam designed the routes that allow Snowbird to open almost all of their terrain most days this year and while it is true that terrain was opened less in his time, Snowbird is a work in progress and was really not all that old in Liams time there. Additionally Snowbird had not yet become the big mountain/powder destination that it is today and therefore did not have the money for patrollers and explosives that they do today. As far as Alta being 100% open on a regular basis; not now, not ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintergreen View Post
    Liam designed the routes that allow Snowbird to open almost all of their terrain most days this year and while it is true that terrain was opened less in his time, Snowbird is a work in progress and was really not all that old in Liams time there. Additionally Snowbird had not yet become the big mountain/powder destination that it is today and therefore did not have the money for patrollers and explosives that they do today. As far as Alta being 100% open on a regular basis; not now, not ever.
    Yah, what he said, ya Fuckwad!

Just go to Soli when the road to paradise is closed. They love the presence of you folk.

YES!!!!! Fuck that fucking dumb fucker who tries to keep us from crossing 34 major avalanche paths right after a 40 inch storm!!! It's not like it's one of the most dangerous roads in the world or anything. That "avalanche expert" needs to step aside so we can get to the powder quicker.

By golly

Such harsh words

Here's the video. If you didn't get out today, you musta been high.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

Spoken like a true I paid the corp, where's my untracked pow, tram monkey unwilling /able to go make his own snow safety choices, but an expert none the less
    I thought LF's presention on snow safety in the early days of the bird @ the ISSW synaposis this fall was great and he certainly struck me as knowledgable. Personally I think udot does a pretty good job in the canyons. I personally don't think GLM needs to be controlled but obviously people with better math/statistic and avvy knowledge think different.
    Holy 3 days of faceshots the sun was out a bit more than 1/2 hour in the lcc yesterday and by the second lap on scotties the bottom was begining to set up pretty thick.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

The text message from tToA gets me up before anything is closed.

That is all.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair