Page 80 of 84 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2093
    Looks like I'm heading up the Timp Sunday to try and get a few August turns in. Anyone been up that way recently?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by thedrew55 View Post
    Here are some pics from Mt. Timp last Friday. Still plenty of snow

Allow me to bump these pics from the previous page to save you the hassle of reading the thread
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

whatever

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    since this thread has pretty much run its course Ill humor you with response.
    you dont remember me cause I wasnt the dude who came into the village every day all pumped on his 87 turns down sweet rooll bowl or wanting people to go look at your pretty wastch wiggle turn farm in usa bowl. Not sure what season that was i was either in the shop or at the helm of the house of stone was probably skiing fantasey wolvie dav flanies and the shit I liked to ski there.
    Im scared now that Im gone the ledgend of the proud soli turn farmer story wont be told.
    reread the whole thread and ask yourself did my post enhance this thread I find it hard to believe Im the only one who doesnt give a shit about pictures from the least coast or your multiple reminessin posts.Other than to give props for a nice pic I dont post in the east coast ob thread
    cause Im not there and my posts would be worthless.
    gaper boy.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    since this thread has pretty much run its course Ill humor you with response.
    you dont remember me cause I wasnt the dude who came into the village every day all pumped on his 87 turns down sweet rooll bowl or wanting people to go look at your pretty wastch wiggle turn farm in usa bowl. Not sure what season that was i was either in the shop or at the helm of the house of stone was probably skiing fantasey wolvie dav flanies and the shit I liked to ski there.
    Im scared now that Im gone the ledgend of the proud soli turn farmer story wont be told.
    reread the whole thread and ask yourself did my post enhance this thread I find it hard to believe Im the only one who doesnt give a shit about pictures from the least coast or your multiple reminessin posts.Other than to give props for a nice pic I dont post in the east coast ob thread
    cause Im not there and my posts would be worthless.
    Fucking EPIC

you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Alx88 View Post
    Fucking EPIC
    his writing is pretty epic. his memory is spot on, but his numbers are way off. 87 turns? meh. double that, at least.

SFB, if you were in the shop you must've worked with brian. i worked at night and kept you guys stocked with beer when i could with free tunes in return. i kinda felt bad that you all were stuck inside on so many great days.

doesn't anyone have any camera on a stick stokage to post on here? ALX88?

rog

Nope never tuned with Brian must of been when dedinglehorse fired the shop and brought in Superior. Dont feel sorry for me I had a good 13 season run there not much I didnt get to ski.
    I feel sorry you couldnt hang in the wasatch. Judging from your need to repeatedly be a part of this thread. You obviously miss it. Next season post your wishin I was wasatch wigglein here
    http://straightchuter.com/
    nice article in pow mag on the revelations trip almost missed it cause it was sandwhiched between Sysms crap the newest up in coming ski gymnast and UK youngens gettin spinny jbby hucky on astroturf and park ski reviews
    fuckin astroturf they need to change the mags name
    Last edited by skifishbum; 08-13-2011 at 07:15 AM.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I felt like I should post this here instead of the Lost/Found thread. While hiking Flagstaff last night I found a powder basket. If you can identify the basket I will return it. I am really wanting to return it to its rightful owner since it looks to be in good shape still.

I went and did Timp also today super fun.

Little pond skimming I decided needed to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowvols View Post
    I felt like I should post this here instead of the Lost/Found thread. While hiking Flagstaff last night I found a powder basket. If you can identify the basket I will return it. I am really wanting to return it to its rightful owner since it looks to be in good shape still.

I went and did Timp also today super fun.

Little pond skimming I decided needed to be done.
    Small world... I saw you today (assuming by your username you were the guy boarding with the orange Tennessee t shirt on). I was at the bottom chillin on the rocks above the lake with my friend after we skied down. Said hey real quick as you strolled past. We got caught in a pretty nasty little storm that rolled through last night when we were camping by the lake... heard some people were stuck on top but eventually made it down.

Oh sick yea. I was just up for one lap. I heard the same thing. An older couple was at the trailhead warning people acting like it was going to get really bad yesterday. At least no one was hurt. I guess you guys came from the Aspen Grove trail?

Didn't realize at first but you can actually see our tracks off the top left in your pic... nice. We actually hiked up Timpooneke. A bit of a long haul with camping gear and ski equipment, but on the way back down we were able to ski 3 different spots which was cool and saved us time. I'll post a few pics at some point.

On the lost and found note, my buddy also found a phone on the saddle just to the right of the snowfield in the above picture. I'll withhold specifics for now, but we know someone lost it up there recently because it still works/had a little bit of battery left.

I went up Timpooneke as well. Did you guys hit the pond in the basin? I don't know if you guys saw my tracks in that area. It was much easier coming down being able to ride. Also the fact being in sandals on the way up probably wasn't the best idea I had.

Headed up to Wolverine this past weekend... Granny's is still good to go, decent snow for mid august too!

More pictures and the full story at: http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/...ertime-schuss/

My 12th consecutive month on snow!

^Nice shots. September in the Uintahs?
    Set waves, powder days

Quote Originally Posted by altabrig View Post
    September in Gunsight.

Quote Originally Posted by altabrig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    September in Gunsight.
    yea i don't know where the misconception that the Uintahs get more snow/holds snow longer than the wasatch comes from...... its like saying colorado gets more snow than utah because they have 14ers in CO

that and do people want to hike 15 miles to get into the uintas?

timp looks like the best bet, though gunsight was super fat last weekend.........

how's devil's castle looking? i am getting lazy and saving timp for september since i was at sundance and saw how much fucking snow is left up high, and DC seems like the easiest place to reach that might still have skiable snow.

^^^I don't think devils castle is looking too good and you can drive to the bottom of gunsight, if you're in the know

word anyone wanna hit up gunsight then this weekend?

Timp will definitely be solid through September, though the cornice up top is pretty mean looking and I'm wondering if that's gonna break off at some point here soon. I have my eye on Gunsight in the next week or two. Well done on Wolverine!

Anyone up for Timp Sunday or is everyone holding out until Sept?

hello friends! seems to me that pipeline bowl laps accessed by the tram would be quite easy right now. call me crazy.

nice wolverine stoke ben

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    hello friends! seems to me that pipeline bowl laps accessed by the tram would be quite easy right now. call me a clueless newhamphshire backseat turnfarming wannabe whitewave of death expert who because he couldnt hang in wasangles so has become a attention whore nuisence and probably the only mag to score less putang than AKPM, and soli ledgend....

nice wolverine stoke ben

rog
    Bumps for the fixie and the annual FUAC Black diamond fundraiser sept 15 in case you missed that thread. Silent auction prizes include a chance to fish with
    SFB and a pair of Icemans Jeans.

^^ I'd like to win that fishing trip, my 13 yo loves to fish and I'm the worst fisherman ever.

Youre magog and dont even need to bid on shit like that. I wanted to donate a green float trip but it looks like due to outfitter/guide liscencing buro redtape bovineturds It will just be a day on the prov currant creek the berry or other local waters
    You let me know when you and your son wanna camp/float the green I owe Bobmc similiar brofessional courtesies and bummed I didnt get to fish w/ shindler and his fine young son this summer
    We need to set up a big father/son camp trip. iceman & grom too
    Hows the knee? I ment to pm or post in your thread with my DPT spansers doc/pt recs.
    feel free to pm though if you have questions
    damn I have a few posts in this fine thread probably not as many as Rojotard
    How many Rog? my guess is about 50 too many.
    Looks like Ill be at the mag fishin summit and miss the fuac shindig bid that shit up and I didnt post this my dog did but if a mag should bid and win the fishin thing and somehow we forgot to turn off at strawberry and ended up in DJ well I sure as hell aint gonna turn around and drive back

We should def. do a trip. I think Bobmc's son is about the same age as mine. Maybe icemans too? Thanks for the offer, mang.
    The knee feels ok, but then again I haven't done anything but ride an exercise bike since it happened. I'm still waiting for the magical approval from workers comp so I can get surgery.