Page 79 of 84 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2093
    Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11 View Post
    fuck off jong, this is a serious thread and i want my goddamn weekly main chute condition report. gtfo.

bwhahahahha...and i gave it to you...as of saturday 8/6 it was top to bottom..smallest choke being well over 200cm wide.

Hows that biatch???

that was last week asshole, avy conditions from 4 days ago are totally useless now

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Disagree dirt and rock sucks
    The cool kids are still recreatin on the water albiet not frozen now
    Arggh. Hopper and dropper golden yet? Is that just below Walter's a bit down from the put in? Float tubed the canyon when it was legal and got a ticket from a fish and game guy on the cliff a mile above the pull out when they changed the rules. Dumb fish in there. Jealous.

The Uintahs/Kings Peak will get snow first cold front. When will Lone Peak get the first dusting?

Dude man chuting in the buff is nutz. They don't make enough burn bandage for those rasberries. Good to see folks still getting some in August in UT and CA.
    Set waves, powder days

Here are some pics from Mt. Timp last Friday. Still plenty of snow

that was last week asshole, avy conditions from 4 days ago are totally useless now
    Avy danger is low...we dug a pit...

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Avy danger is low...we dug a pit...
    are you sure? what about faceting? if we get some new snow, what's that interface gonna look like?

in more serious news pertaining to this thread, I was already contemplating timp this weekend (thurs fri or sat) probably camping for one night and obviously bringing skis, anyone got any interest? also could anyone lend me a pair of beater skis to use that'd fit a 305ish BSL? i sold all my shit and just need something to make august turns on.

ectreeskier- I have some somewhat beat Tankers that would work. I'm in Pleasant Grove. I have skins for them too.

sweet, no need for skins, they have something that'll fit alpine boots though? maybe i'll plan to go up tomorrow morning, would you be around to swing by like not super early? how long did it take you to hike up to "the glacier"?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    The droppers workin but not much hoppering going on yet seems like everythings a month behind. Thats below mother in law rapid Hopefull t-100 days or less till the 11-12 version but
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMessenger View Post
    October snow. The season is doomed. Again.

Don't you remember last year?

I can't believe you people are happy about this.
    BWWWAAAHHHH strong post dumbfuck those early season instabilities really didnt pan out like your know it all dumb ass predicted.
    Then again if you told me ited rain above 10k in Jan. Ied laughed
    Was rereading the whole thread and came upon this
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Running into happy, smiling folks on a ski tour is never a bad thing. Sharing a skin track with a bitter, non-talkative fuck is interesting. But I laugh at people like that, because too bad for them they can't enjoy themselves. Grrrrr...go get 'em Tiger, as you race up to Days Fork with a mind full of angst and bitterness.
    Same thing goes for the heli. I used to waste a lot of energy acting like it pissed me off. Perhaps age has mellowed me, but I could care less about the heli.

I think most of us have more pressing concerns in life than to worry about who put in the skin track, or how many people are ahead.
    Spent most of my winter in the pen and with the exception of the clueless twostroke knucleheads who werent understanding where they where, every party I encountered had some form of a shiteatin grin kind words and a nice gental feeling of warm fuzziness. Could have been cause this season was EPIC brah, or it could have been cause I tour a lot w/ hot chicas, or cause Im so damn safe I missed the angst but it was pleasent to see so many smiles and good vibes even on crowded days.
    Anywho big props to those who filled this fkna fine thread with quality obs, sweet stoke and humor. strong work by those who padded their post counts with crap cough rog cough and sweet obs like

conditions report from inside my apartment on foothill: warm and toasty. fuck broken bones and head colds, i'll be out there in a jiff.
    or Im sleeping in today
    although you did make me chuckle today and I was pleasently surprised by your irl persona
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

BEST DAMN WHOLE RUINED SEASON EVERZ BIIATCHES
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

The droppers workin but not much hoppering going on yet seems like everythings a month behind. Thats below mother in law rapid Hopefull t-100 days or less till the 11-12 version but
    BWWWAAAHHHH strong post dumbfuck those early season instabilities really didnt pan out like your know it all dumb ass predicted.
    Then again if you told me ited rain above 10k in Jan. Ied laughed
    Was rereading the whole thread and came upon this
    Spent most of my winter in the pen and with the exception of the clueless twostroke knucleheads who werent understanding where they where, every party I encountered had some form of a shiteatin grin kind words and a nice gental feeling of warm fuzziness. Could have been cause this season was EPIC brah, or it could have been cause I tour a lot w/ hot chicas, or cause Im so damn safe I missed the angst but it was pleasent to see so many smiles and good vibes even on crowded days.
    Anywho big props to those who filled this fkna fine thread with quality obs, sweet stoke and humor. strong work by those who padded their post counts with crap cough rog cough and sweet obs like

or Im sleeping in today
    although you did make me chuckle today and I was pleasently surprised by your irl persona
    me, sleep in when i could be skiing? neverrrrrrrrrrrrr. i've been lazy these past couple weeks though, biking is just not quite cutting it anymore and i don't need a repeat of last fall.

BEST DAMN WHOLE RUINED SEASON EVERZ BIIATCHES

Here's to another fvcking ruined season!
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

CRAP

strong work by those who padded their post counts with crap cough rog cough
    deserves more crap. shit, yer grammar is way worse'n mine is. guess ohio don't have schools in shit.

keep on keepin on, brah.

rog

dont you worry there skippy next season Im starting a super proud turnfarmers reminicses about his time in the wasatch thread just for you so you wont have to cunt up the 11-12 wastch condition thread hoppefully ectreebrah will post all his smart people ski the resorts after storms like this and other great things in it
    oh and chitown aint in Ohio

i'll just keep this one alive to really confuse the shit out of people. definitely planning to do a lot more touring next season (i mean, the 20-30 tours i got this year are probably more than most), but last year, working and skiing 7 days a week, it was hard to push like i wanted to sometimes. having a 4 day a week, afternoon-night shift this year should allow for some real cool shit. as SFB has admitted (and other "respected" mags can tell you) i am not as much of a cunt as i come off sometimes, i'm here for good, so anyone who wants to impart some knowledge and let me tag along on your adventures, well, it'd be much appreciated. after my little scotties bowl incident and a few broken bones the past couple years, i've learned some lessons, to say the least. /end of genuine posting for the foreseeable future, back to cunting, douchebags.

^^^

I like this.

I need to get the tour going a tad more this season as well. Seems some of my friends have gotten soft with those phat skis and have too many excuses. I hit upper Porter Fork a lot 2 years ago, but never went once this past season. Scooped Sliver Fork a couple of times before Soli opened Highway to Heaven.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

cool thing about the webz you can choose to be whatever guy you wanna be just like irl
    You can be hippie stoner brah, extreme dude, reminisin wastch wiggler old curmgedoun skibum guy.
    You dont get to decide how others see you though and where you choose to post matters as much as the post itself

Hell I could ski with the messenger might be a solid dude who likes to post stupid shit.
    I think I could even ski a run or two with maynerd g krebs, ited have to be a low avvy day so I could jam tunes cause the loud moutheast coast thing harshes my mellow
    +++++Vibes if you live in the broburbia of comptonwood heights your local guberment may be getting even dumber
    Yo Nate Id tour w/ ya again. now that you got the dynawhompers You need to ditch that barbiebackpack and get sumthin you can put more gear in the kind of gear that if shit hits the fan we dont need to call APD Sfotex and the fine sar peeps and be on the news. I dont like being on the news.
    skidog call me if your drywall shizz still needs love daddy wants a srl sick o postin point & chuters
    Steeplechamp dug the shit out of that season edit well worth 20minutes of time

Steeplechamp dug the shit out of that season edit well worth 20minutes of time
    Thanks for the kind words sfb. I had a good time making it & I hope the next couple months go by quick.

So hey I'm coming down to SLC this Saturday to get my redneck on at a gun show. Anyone willing to show my gapetastic ass how this Main chute shit goes down? Or should I just drive up LCC and look hopeless until someone takes pity on me? Totally need the August turns doods.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaus View Post
    So hey I'm coming down to SLC this Saturday to get my redneck on at a gun show. Anyone willing to show my gapetastic ass how this Main chute shit goes down? Or should I just drive up LCC and look hopeless until someone takes pity on me? Totally need the August turns doods.

Hmmm that might be tough...was getting awful tight in there last weekend in some spots..There is still plenty of snow just down off the tram at bird though. Easy enough to score a good line.

dont you worry there skippy next season Im starting a super proud turnfarmers reminicses about his time in the wasatch thread just for you so you wont have to cunt up the 11-12 wastch condition thread hoppefully ectreebrah will post all his smart people ski the resorts after storms like this and other great things in it
    oh and chitown aint in Ohio
    god i can't wait to cunt up the ever exclusive 11-12 wasatch conditions thread. i mean if you ain't skiing foofy pow or all of the lines that andy discovered, then what the fucks the point? just remember, the satch is a pretty small and crowded range. meaning, it ain't all that. it does offer some nice skiing tho and i have fond memories. i don't remember you at all, but you seem to know me. how nice.

enjoy your little uni-dimensional, exclusive thread, whomever you are.

rog

since this thread has pretty much run its course Ill humor you with response.
    you dont remember me cause I wasnt the dude who came into the village every day all pumped on his 87 turns down sweet rooll bowl or wanting people to go look at your pretty wastch wiggle turn farm in usa bowl. Not sure what season that was i was either in the shop or at the helm of the house of stone was probably skiing fantasey wolvie dav flanies and the shit I liked to ski there.
    Im scared now that Im gone the ledgend of the proud soli turn farmer story wont be told.
    reread the whole thread and ask yourself did my post enhance this thread I find it hard to believe Im the only one who doesnt give a shit about pictures from the least coast or your multiple reminessin posts.Other than to give props for a nice pic I dont post in the east coast ob thread
    cause Im not there and my posts would be worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    just remember, the satch is a pretty small and crowded range. meaning, it ain't all that. it does offer some nice skiing tho and i have fond memories.
    Well, we do have a stable snowpack compared to most parts of the lower 48, and we don't have to ski Siearra Cement to get it.

On top of that, where else can you literally live 1 fucking mile from the mouth of a canyon like LCC in an affordable home with a decent economy?

I like our shitty, little, crowded Wasatch. The only thing I don't like is living downstream of skifishbum and his hairy fucking dog. Watch where you piss up there, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaus View Post
    I was up there yesterday and it is in relatively excellent shape with tons of snow. Main Chute is about as straight forward as it gets. Park in the lower lot, follow the main road up underneath the main chair, look to your right when you get up about 2/3rds of the way, and boom - thar she blows. I booted up it, but there were a few times I wished I had crampons, or at least had pulled them out of my pack and put them on my boots. Ski down, reverse your approach and there you go! I put some photos of it up on my blog, but don't want to upset anyone here by mentioning the name. Search for "Baldy Chute."

Main chute was great today at about 10am. Should be skiing well for weeks to come. The choke is about 6 feet wide with one rock in it off to one side, making it more like 4 and a half feet wide for a bit, but it is still 6 feet deep at the shallowest. The melting at this spot looks pretty slow, there arent any rocks right next to the melting sides of the choke, its a few feet deep with vertical walls that are away from the rock walls of the chute so I dont think it will melt fast at all. Once it does get narrower it will be tricky to do it without falling into the moat between rock and snow. Bring crampons.

Also saw some people hiking the apron to the right, don't do that, snow sucks and its full of rocks, main look 10X better.

Fucking stoked. Awesome skiing for early july or late june let alone mid august.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.