Page 54 of 84 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2093
    Damn, I was hoping there were no mags involved in this.
    Last edited by sfotex; 03-28-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Sucks big time, vibes to all involved. Sounds like the efforts to rescue were nothing short of miraculous.... Gods speed

Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11 View Post
    i'm so fucking mad none of my lazy ass friends would wake up to ski superior this morning. rocky point was a fun consolation prize though.
    seems like your lazy ass friends actually get out a little bit more than you do...

On a more important note, prayers and thoughts to those close to the victim of this most recent slide

R.I.P. Garrett Smith. We both worked at Liberty Mountain. I've skied with his wife Amalia and am feeling so bad for her. Another one of my friends was also in that group. This just hits too close to home.
    Last edited by Mark H; 03-28-2011 at 05:38 PM.

^^

X2
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

^^ R.I.P.

fuck. thoughts are with the friends and family.

Oh man, horrible tragedy. Sorry for all involved.

That is an incredible story, but i thought they brought "a" back to life. Did he die later on?

^^^ I believe he passed away later. Just too much trauma from the ride. +++vibes+++ again.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Bummer so sad to hear about all these deaths recently

On a lighter note I was at powder mountain for spring break and the conditions were prime-time

Here is a vid I made of the trip:

there is powder out there, and it ain't gonna find you

https://powaholic.blogspot.com/

Vibes to those affected by the tragedy. Super unfortunate.

And what's with the resort videos on the last couple of pages?
    TRs, photos, videos, and building skis (2 pairs so far...):
    http://wasatchprotocol.wordpress.com/

went into Mill D for the first time today, cool place, everything was stable but anything S facing was getting baked

Some wasatch touring stoke about sandwiches and powder skiing if any of you all are interested.

http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/...er-sandwiches/

thanks to SFB! for taking us out

North Facing stuff skied deep and well today, snowed at varying levels all day
    dowork

EC tree

dalton is a machine. both literally and figuratively. snow skied about like you'd expect it today, a little zipper crust on most of it and heavy underneath, but where it was high and dry (kind of) it skied well. lower down (sub 8.5-9k) it was damp and not so delicious. lots of moisture in there, with the warm up and then cool down it should freeze up nicely and i'd expect be pretty bomber from here on out.

Wasatch Conditions

Went out for Owl patrol this morning. Went up Argenta and did the W/NW shot of Kessler........ Top 687 feet rode pretty good, the next 893 feet rode okay and the rest of the way was frightful, especially trough the trees down there. I'm sittin in class working on the media now. Definitely rained upwards of 9,000'. Hope this Sat/Sun storm doesn't dodge us

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Argenta Headwall 3.31.11.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	376.4 KB 
ID:	95573Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Argenta Rime 3.31.11.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	226.5 KB 
ID:	95570Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Argenta Headwall Rime 3.31.11.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	362.8 KB 
ID:	95574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tree Rimed Argenta 3.31.11.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	356.0 KB 
ID:	95571Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rime Looking West 3.31.11.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	365.3 KB 
ID:	95572Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mike Down Mineral Train 3.31.11.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	317.6 KB 
ID:	95575
    Last edited by Alx88; 03-31-2011 at 11:54 AM.

Booked my trip to SLC yesterday to keep my 25 + year streak going. I think it would be bad karma to not go west! Hoping to catch the storm on sunday at alta. How long are the east coast boys around?
    Red-i-XS

I got that late season Bromidrosis settin in...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/vid...40440&comments

Quote Originally Posted by link1 View Post
    Booked my trip to SLC yesterday to keep my 25 + year streak going. I think it would be bad karma to not go west! Hoping to catch the storm on sunday at alta. How long are the east coast boys around?
    Hey be out here until tues. Definitely skiing altabird sun then most likely touring mon, we should meet up. Will pm you

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Hey be out here until tues. Definitely skiing altabird sun then most likely touring mon, we should meet up. Will pm you
    Fuck yes, altabird is the sickest! Wait can we go to Alta, I heard that fuck Dick Bass is balls deep in the coal business? But Alta is for sure the sickest, I can't wait for this storm, it's prolly gonna DUMP up there

dude. chill. are you familiar with the poster posting, his situation, etc? granted your stoke you provide is great, but your holier than thou attitude really gets on my nerves some times, I don't post in this thread often due to the fact I mostly ski resorts, sorry my fun is not as good as yours. The fact that D is even skiing this season should be a testament to the passion sliding on snow has on a person, and why we are all here.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Sorry Holmes, I just really enjoy being an ass sometimes, especially behind the mask of forum anonymity. And no I don't know his situation, and no hard feelings to the skier, I just love expressing my passion for the resorts in LCC. Really am sorry to come off as a little though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alx88 View Post
    Fuck yes, altabird is the sickest! Wait can we go to Alta, I heard that fuck Dick Bass is balls deep in the coal business? But Alta is for sure the sickest, I can't wait for this storm, it's prolly gonna DUMP up there
    i had a whole paragraph typed out, but i'm gonna keep it short and simple... take your stupid BS elsewhere. skiing pow's awesome and all, but shit, i'd love to see you try and keep up at the bird (or on the skin track... i'll be the kid in bright, baggy shit blowing by your lame ass on the way up and having way more fun than you on the way down).

Quote Originally Posted by Alx88 View Post
    Sorry Holmes, I just really enjoy being an ass sometimes, especially behind the mask of forum anonymity. And no I don't know his situation, and no hard feelings to the skier, I just love expressing my passion for the resorts in LCC. Really am sorry to come off as a little though.
    i'm no fan of dick bass either, but if you have that much antipathy for the resorts... well, there's plenty of other shit to ski, and i never have a problem finding something well worth the effort.