Page 51 of 84 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2093
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Lionel, I hope I don't seem to forward when I say "I <3 U"

....booking ticket to Huntah now!
    Def. the right call. I mean Hunter really benefits from the orographics. I can't tell you how many times I've been down there on the road with two inches of snow only to find 24-40 plasterd all over Hunter. Utah - being a desert never has that happen. Ever. It's rain, mank, muck and sun.

still good in the N/NE aspects

this past week...ya...repeat..................

Sunday: Snow. High near 23. South wind around 18 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Sunday Night: Snow. Low around 23. West wind between 7 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Monday: Snow. High near 24. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.

Monday Night: Snow. Low around 13. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.

Tuesday: Snow. Cloudy, with a high near 17.

Tuesday Night: A slight chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.

pretty rough out there lately huh???

N,Ne Skied extremely well today
    6" of fresh ontop of some condensed, steep aspects held some fatty faceshots

Seems like its skiing real nice out there....

Hey, does anyone know of a shuttle co. that does a round trip SLC airport shuttle including a discounted day pass to Alta? I tried Canyon but they only have a deal thats canyon to canyon.

Thanks for any info. please PM

hey weather nerds. is this storm going to crap out? it seems like every time theres an updated forecast the predicted amounts are decreasing...
    ...because warm beer is infinitely colder than no beer.

Not in my world. I support what I wrote a few days ago. 20-36 inches storm total thru tuesday morning.

excellent
    ...because warm beer is infinitely colder than no beer.

Was up in Maybird yesterday, solo, and walking around listening to Jerry as he was pointing out a fire on the mountain. All of the sudden I saw remnants of new debris from a good size slab on the east facing ridgeline seperating Maybird from Hogum. Then someone kinda skin/skied into the debris and I thought I might have to give some back up beacon assitance. I hung around watching the dude/dudette who seemed kinda startled but not in "search mode" so I kept walking. Ended up being two folks kicking off some sketchy stuff so watch out for the slabs on rocks people on the same east facing slope that has been a trigger as of late. Was that any of you?
    With the Pfeiff looking down on me I sent it to the 210 in some great trees that seemed to give a hint of spring with wind hammered snow and further below....CORN????? Oh damn, time to keep on skiing this good stuff coming in.

sick photos, look very professional. Lookin like Monday/Tuesday are gonna be a lot of damn fun.

just another shitty week in the wasatch. mill b south today, excellent turns before or around noon, very smooth with dense snow (maybe 4 inches?) and coming down heavy. good amount of snow moving but nothing real scary. hopefully it bonded up well or it could get nasty with this new stuff.

Where is all the chatter about this storm? Is everyone already lined up at the canyon mouth without internet access?

Quote Originally Posted by powski3 View Post
    Where is all the chatter about this storm? Is everyone already lined up at the canyon mouth without internet access?
    smart people ski the resort after storms like this

watching the 'bird's snowcam it looks like its coming down a little less than two inches an hour 8-10 inches since 3:30

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?p...d=MTX&loop=yes

If this pans out, as pointedem was explaining to me, we might not be getting up canyon tomorrow.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Yeh I just watched the radar last 6 and forecasted next 6 and that storm BARELY moved, maybe a few miles. Enjoy it out there...that is if you can get out there!

not where the most snow was last night...
    A big shout out to the cop who WRECKED with bald ass all season tires (re: NOT snow tires) in LCC this afternoon thus taking everyone 2hrs to get down...
    On the plus side, bird was great, at least what we could see. Vis was some of the worst I've ever seen, or not seen
    It's nuclear winter up there now.
    Decisions decisions for tmro...
    When seconds count...ski patrol, SAR or the cops are only minutes away...

If they call it Tourist Season, why cant we shoot them?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11 View Post
    smart people ski the resort after storms like this
    real smart ones do it for free but don't worry I'm sure Dicks gonna use your $$$ for sumthin good like a rollercoaster
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Fuck the BIRD

That fucking Dick WAD, fucker's gonna ruin the world!!!

And thanks for sharing the news about the pig with bald tires , what douchewad pile of

Loving this storm!!

Watch out to the busted down bus in BCC, they still can't pull that fucker down from the s-curves.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

i agree, good thing the price i pay for my pass only pays a couple lifty's salaries for a day. i'll take my 5 or so steep, deep and untracked runs at snowbird tomorrow and then go get more of the same in the BC once it's tracked.

I wish I was on the East Coast

or would you rather be a pig?

A pig is an animal with dirt on his face
    his shoes are a terrible disgrace
    He has no manners when he eats his food
    He's fat and lazy and extremely rude
    But if you don't care a feather or a fig
    you may grow up to be a pig.

Oh yeah, back to the fucking conditions. This morning was nice and balmy all the way up to 9,800' (S(ish) facing) or so. On the descent we kicked off numerous variably sized slides, nothing over 1 foot or so deep, but they definitely wanted to move but they seemed to be confused as to how fast or far they wanted to go. It was an exploratory day, found some goods for sure but I wouldn't recommend any nut bubblers tomorrow

Weather was mostly clear, well mostly cloudy but kinda clear and kinda cloudy too though. Hmmm, good vis too. Anyways there wasn't much in the way of precipitation when we dropped at bout' 11:43. By the time we finished the bamboozler and got down to the road it was starting to rain a bit. Continued to rain at 6200 for a half hour while I was there, headed down and it was pouring in the valley, washed my truck, took a and it started dumping 'round 5 sharp. Its 12:40 now and its still dumping at the center of blowerville

Have fun, be safe, I gotta go to school.. Fuckers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cloud Over Mineral 3.7.11.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	259.1 KB 
ID:	94454Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zach Down Mill A #2 3.7.11.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	310.3 KB 
ID:	94451Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zach Down Mill A 3.7.11.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	370.1 KB 
ID:	94453Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zach Wheelying Mill A 3.7.11.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	346.0 KB 
ID:	94452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zach Down the Gut 3.7.11.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	383.2 KB 
ID:	94450

UPDATE, STILL DUMPING 1"+ an hour at 2:15am, I've out snortin' lines of blow ERR all night.. Feel like a damn kid again, oh wait..
    Last edited by Alx88; 03-08-2011 at 02:17 AM.

pretty gooood....