Page 12 of 84 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

a great thing

Quote Originally Posted by wra View Post
    Didn't quite gobble me since I'm still here.
    Did learn an extra thing or two which will be helpful.
    It's on the short list for a history lesson.
    your obs are valuable to all. wish i could be there for the presentation.

will be out for quarter lapping bliss come feb. see you on the bus.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Whoever posts for you guys on FB sure seems to think it's more than tentative.
    sorry, i don't read facebook.
    that was the plan when i left work tuesday. the final decision is well above my pay grade. if i came on here spouting certainty and it didn't happen, then there'd be a lot of folks with their panties in a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by AltaPowderDaze View Post
    sorry, i don't read facebook.
    that was the plan when i left work tuesday. the final decision is well above my pay grade. if i came on here spouting certainty and it didn't happen, then there'd be a lot of folks with their panties in a bunch.
    true enough. I know mine would be super bunched.

Any reports from Alta dawn Patrollers?? I heard there might be a wind crust on some aspects? Any first hand knowledge to drop on me? Thinking of an afternoon assault.

thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Any reports from Alta dawn Patrollers?? I heard there might be a wind crust on some aspects? Any first hand knowledge to drop on me? Thinking of an afternoon assault.

thx.
    They groomed main chute this am with a winch cat, pretty crazy scene.

Quote Originally Posted by JTrue View Post
    They groomed main chute this am with a winch cat, pretty crazy scene.

Nice lol....cat drivers "betting" each other and then taking shroom cat runs...sweet...

just looking for wind crust beta though. I dont ski groomers anymore ha

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    forgive me ullr it has been around 200 days since I last slid down frozen slopes on skis

headed up B right on for a dusk patrol up to millie to pick up where i left off last season. Coverage looking a little thin in tlp/wolvie area

decent light pow on a pretty stout crust representive hasty pit

ski down decent although a little bony.
    You rog none cares your butthurt cause the wiz was mean to you just as noone cared when you'd come into the soli village all pumped on the 47 turns you made on sweet roll bowl or usa if you have an ob pertaining to wasatch conditions or stoke post em up otherwise if you and others could please think twice about hitting that reply button this thread will be more informative and better.
    sweet pics from last season Zach
    Yo Slag you bootin if you want to borrow treckers and a pair of skins for those bro's let me know
    WHO WANTS TO FIX MY FURNACE SO I CAN GO SKIING TODAY

almost forgot obsevered a euro dude who skied up to us while gearing up wanting to know if he was still at Alta seems he got a little turned around
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Some doods looking for coreshots on Sunset. Just about everything in the Catherine's area was tracked out.

Behold, The Gnarwhale

Pouch

Zach is somewhere in there

Baldy shoulder and most everything around it was pretty tracked out as well this morning. Word on the street is the main chute is bumped out, and judging by hordes of people headed up that direction I'd believe it. The skiing was still good if you don't mind chopped up snow. No wind crust on N or E aspects.

DECIPHERING

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    You rog none cares your butthurt cause the wiz was mean to you just as noone cared when you'd come into the soli village all pumped on the 47 turns you made on sweet roll bowl or usa.
    47 turns? shit, that'd be some serious underutilization (need me to spell that for you again?) of a given space my friend.

glad you've got things all figured out.

nice choice touring up "b". at least you've got a wee bit of originality about you.

be safe

rog

New User

Howdy folks. First time post, long time thread follower. I figured I might as well add my two cents worth of obs instead of whoring all the beta that is so kindly presented in this forum. Here's a few shots from Tues morning up Days... Skied good and stable for me.

Is it just me or does this rog dude have some balls messing around with a coupla respectable Wasatch regulars (Dibbs and the Wizard).

I once made 48 1/2 turns down USA, does that count as maxutilization (did I spell that correctly?)?

Nice to see all the photos, I can't imagine how long this thread will be at the end of the season, it may even rival the east coast threads.

Ill add this, skierboyz checked out some prime zones (of rocks, skiing and avi's) yesterday and nothing to report but epic skiing. Not one rock was hit either, nor felt skinning up.

You can have it now.

Thanks for the skinner, John. EC was mostly tracked out, except for the only contiguous fall line available on the whole pitch. WTF?

haha word chris, nice to see you and know you are on these boards. I am assuming you took that fall line shot? the showers came back in thick when we got to the parking lot, what a day, see u soon.

Gunsight Skied awesome at 1:30 today, settled pow, couple of tracks, no rocks.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Nice morning out. Feels like the crust under the new snow is breaking down slowly. Still some great early November turns to be had.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

JTrue straightlining

LOVE IT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

very nice

rog

Quote Originally Posted by springsproject View Post
    JTrue straightlining

TyFalk doing what he does

Ventricular exploration

Elf Shoes doing what they do

Overnight wind filled in tracks and skinners from earlier in the week. Above tree line we found soft but sensitive wind slabs in the morning. A little mid-day green-housing baked the snap out of it though. Solar aspects got cooked this afternoon.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I'm just funnin with rog cause I know who he is, every resort needs a real proud turn farmer even better if they're from out east don't know what his beef with wow is
    but not givin respect to someone who been gettin after it as long as the wiz is foolish.
    headed back up milly up stupid to wolvie to take a peak over at the alta carnage.
    looks like some fine skiing been going down over in the holy land. and some nice tracks in wb and upper days
    decent pit results nw facing under mille
    scwarry fuck this I'm booting shitty stout breakable crust on facets in the upper of stupid
    good pow down wolvie bowl and upper mary chutes
    lower chutes codeword not ready some sun crusts encountered e face traversing to dog.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

FARMUS MAXIMUS

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    I'm just funnin with rog cause I know who he is, every resort needs a real proud turn farmer even better if they're from out east don't know what his beef with wow is
    but not givin respect to someone who been gettin after it as long as the wiz is foolish.
    headed back up milly up stupid to wolvie to take a peak over at the alta carnage.
    looks like some fine skiing been going down over in the holy land. and some nice tracks in wb and upper days
    decent pit results nw facing under mille
    scwarry fuck this I'm booting shitty stout breakable crust on facets in the upper of stupid
    good pow down wolvie bowl and upper mary chutes
    lower chutes codeword not ready some sun crusts encountered e face traversing to dog.
    out east? you betcha! almost as legit as hailing from the mid west SFBJK

no beef with bob. i held a grudge at one point for somethin stupid. guess it still comes out in text when tickled, but no hard feelings. i do respect the man for who he is and what he's done and does. takes purdy pictures too.

sounds like a nice tour you have in store. love that area myself. especially below the cirque, or tux of the west

here's there. 7 days after most recent snows. nice spot where the riff raff don't often bother to go. craigs tracks observers right are always recognized.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A89G7SLbRkE&feature=related"]YouTube - more wasatch blubird face shot epicness[/nomedia]

p.s. no more usa bowl cracks! k?

ski you

rog

^^^^^^Here you go Toby, from MacDonalds Draw on the PC ridge line today.
    At least a foot less snow up there compared to upper LCC/BCC.

Only around 70cm up high on the PC ridge. Heat Crust 30cm deep from that warm first week of Nov. Moderate density from the last storm still skiing fast and smooth. CT 28 Q3 below the heat crust. East, 9500 apx.

Upper PC ridgeline skied surprisingly well and rock free today in the typical spots.

Mika enjoying November in Utah.
    Last edited by tyfalk; 11-13-2010 at 07:22 PM.
    "Officially known as Highway U-210, more commonly known as Little Cottonwood Canyon and unofficially acknowledged as the epicenter of the greatest snow on earth." Andrew McLean

WRA, SFB, or Trackhead: one of yall drop this? Smells like a mixture of box wine an metamucil. PM with description wine's make and model to claim.

Salida headed down

We found a 2cm temp crust on the surface above 10k', but not below. Present even on NE slopes that dont get a lot of sun this time of year. I wonder if the peaks in LCC got greenhoused by the clouds that filled the upper valley on Friday afternoon while lower elevation slopes were too socked in to be affected?

Quote Originally Posted by The Gnarwhale View Post
    WRA, SFB, or Trackhead: one of yall drop this? Smells like a mixture of box wine an metamucil. PM with description wine's make and model to claim.

Not mine, but did you happen to find my AARP card up their?