Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Jenny McCarthy goes on baby murdering rampage in California

Not a single picture of JM.

You suck.
    i wish i never chose that user_name

Whitedot Freeride

Has the autism/vaccine link ever been even a credible theory?

Seems to me there was like one or two studies that showed some sort of link, and a bunch of parents that can't deal with the realities of life being really fucking unfair have carried that torch for a couple decades, or however long its been, based on pretty much nothing.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post

Seems to me there was like one or two studies that showed some sort of link, and a bunch of parents that can't deal with the realities of life being really fucking unfair have carried that torch for a couple decades, or however long its been, based on pretty much nothing.
    That's what "they" want you to think!

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck_Schmuck View Post
    Not a single picture of JM.

You suck.
    no, she does

I usually believe playboy centerfolds over doctors on medical advice too.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

True story: I stopped talking for a year or so when i was 3 or 4 years old (after already having a pretty good command), within a couple days after getting a vaccine of some sort (forget which one). Coincidence? Maybe. But I skipped a bunch after that and am one of the healthier people you're ever going meet.

Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11 View Post
    True story: I stopped talking for a year or so when i was 3 or 4 years old (after already having a pretty good command), within a couple days after getting a vaccine of some sort (forget which one). Coincidence? Maybe. But I skipped a bunch after that and am one of the healthier people you're ever going meet.
    Any chance there's a vaccine floating around that would stop you from posting for a year?

Quote Originally Posted by ski.stealer View Post
    Any chance there's a vaccine floating around that would stop you from posting for a year?
    have you ever even posted anything ski related? i mean this is a ski forum after all.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    There was one study. It had a pathetically small sample size and it and it's author have since been completely discredited, but the idea refuses to die. Nobody knows what causes autism or if there is even a single cause.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 10-21-2010 at 12:35 PM.

I have a rock that keeps tigers away....just sayin

have you ever even posted anything ski related? i mean this is a ski forum after all.
    Um... this is not a ski forum. You can tell because some douchebag named 'ectreeskier11' just posted about how he's been retarded since childhood and didn't get his vaccines.

Maryl Streep saved us all from that terrible Alar on apples too. As with all Hollywood scares, from global warming to DDT, they are almost always wrong and almost always do more harm than good.

They kill Africans by the millions with the ban on DDT, babies by the millions with abortion rights, who knows how many kids because they didn't get medicine via a shot.

That's ok though. It makes them feel useful.

My cousin is autistic. His mom claims that it started right after he got his shots. Of course, he was born with a fever of 104*, but that has nothing to do with it.

then again, they also thing Obama is the antichrist, gays and jews are the biggest problem in our world today, and that the 2nd coming of the lord is any day now. I just keep my mouth shut and family dinners so I don't get lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

A lot of those shots come from mass dose bottles that contain mercury, aluminum, etc. So even if they don't cause autism it is a good idea to call ahead and make sure your kid is getting a dose from a single serving vile that does not have mercury or aluminum preservative.

There is an alternate vaccine schedule out there that does not stop your kid from getting any vaccines it just spreads them out so you never exceed the maximum dosage of aluminum in a given time frame. Google Dr. Sears

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    My cousin is autistic. His mom claims that it started right after he got his shots. Of course, he was born with a fever of 104*, but that has nothing to do with it.

then again, they also thing Obama is the antichrist, gays and jews are the biggest problem in our world today, and that the 2nd coming of the lord is any day now. I just keep my mouth shut and family dinners so I don't get lynched.
    See? That's the whole problem right there really. Everyone's always taking these extreme points of view, when we all know the truth lies somewhere in the middle... Why can't people be reasonable and acknowledge that medical science has made enormous improvements in our quality of life AND gays and jews are still a huge problem in the world? PERHAPS, what we really need is for medical science to give us a vaccine for homosexuality/judaism..

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    Maryl Streep saved us all from that terrible Alar on apples too. As with all Hollywood scares, from global warming to DDT, they are almost always wrong and almost always do more harm than good.

They kill Africans by the millions with the ban on DDT, babies by the millions with abortion rights, who knows how many kids because they didn't get medicine via a shot.
    Just because you don't care about something. doesn't make it a Hollywood issue. But you just keep belittling anything you don't agree with.

Hollywood? No. [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDT[/ame]
    As early as the 1940s, scientists in the U.S. had begun expressing concern over possible hazards associated with DDT, and in the 1950s the government began tightening some of the regulations governing its use.[11] However, these early events received little attention, and it was not until 1957, when the New York Times reported an unsuccessful struggle to restrict DDT use in Nassau County, New York, that the issue came to the attention of the popular naturalist-author, Rachel Carson. William Shawn, editor of The New Yorker, urged her to write a piece on the subject, which developed into her famous book Silent Spring, published in 1962. The book argued that pesticides, including DDT, were poisoning both wildlife and the environment and were also endangering human health.
    Don't you conservative types get hardons for Bald Eagles anyway.
    Along with the Endangered Species Act, the US DDT ban is cited by scientists as a major factor in the comeback of the bald eagle, the national bird of the United States, from near-extinction in the contiguous US.
    The ban killed millions? No
    http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/20...itatingcarson/
    But then malaria returned to Sri Lanka. In 1968-69, there were half a million cases. The country went back to spraying DDT, but because it had been extensively used in agriculture, mosquitoes had evolved resistance. The insecticide became less and less effective, eventually forcing Sri Lanka to switch to an alternative, malathion, in the mid-1970s. Other countries in the eradication program suffered similar setbacks, and by 1969, the 22nd World Health Assembly concluded that the goal of global eradication of malaria was not feasible.

and then what happened
    By 1990, it seemed that the public health issues surrounding DDT had been largely resolved. In developed countries, DDT had been replaced by less environmentally damaging alternatives. But soon the situation changed radically. The tobacco industry, faced with the prospect of bans on smoking in public places, sought to cast doubt on the science behind the mooted ban. But a campaign focused on tobacco alone was doomed to failure. So the industry tried a different tack, an across-the-board attack on what it called “junk science.” Its primary vehicle was the Advancement of Sound Science Coalition (TASSC), a body set up by PR firm APCO in the early 1990s and secretly funded by Philip Morris.

TASSC, led by an activist named Steve Milloy, attacked the environmental movement on everything from food safety to the risks of asbestos. One of the issues Milloy took up with vigour was DDT, where he teamed up with the entomologist J Gordon Edwards. With the aid of Milloy’s advocacy, Edwards’s attacks on Rachel Carson moved from the political fringes to become part of the orthodoxy of mainstream US Republicanism.
    Abortion rights a Hollywood issue???You're a fucking douchebag. You're why I'm scared for America.
    Last edited by powdork; 10-21-2010 at 02:43 PM.

Um... this is not a ski forum. You can tell because some douchebag named 'ectreeskier11' just posted about how he's been retarded since childhood and didn't get his vaccines.
    umm, really? TGR isn't a ski forum?

umm, really? TGR isn't a ski forum?
    hmmm... A little analysis is in order..

TGR - Total Forums: 21

Skiing forums: .5

Total forums relating to snow in general: 3

Total forums not related to snow or skiing: 18

So, you tell me - Is TGR a "ski forum"? Be sure to cross post your answer to Sprocket Rockets, Kayaks, and Fishing.

There are way more Africans left than bald Eagles or California Condors.

Just sayin...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    A lot of those shots come from mass dose bottles that contain mercury, aluminum, etc. So even if they don't cause autism it is a good idea to call ahead and make sure your kid is getting a dose from a single serving vile that does not have mercury or aluminum preservative.

Wrong.

Thimerasol has been removed from all current vaccines and has been absent in DaTP since 2001:

http://www.fda.gov/biologicsbloodvac...m096228.htm#t1
    Move upside and let the man go through...

^^^ solid gold.

the Inuit people have some of the highest lead and mercury concentrations in their systems out of anyone on the planet! and no history of Autism!

Check out the film/book Horseboy -a very inspiring story of a family who travel to the ends of the earth to help their child; as opposed to those who expend all their energy finding someone else to blame!
    Last edited by Svengali; 10-21-2010 at 03:33 PM.
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

kids get the majority of their vaccines in the first 2-3 years of their life

autism develops/presents itself in the first 2-3 years of life

Coincidence? Yes.

The original "study" was a bunch of crap. The "doctor" who did the study has since been banned from practicing medicine.

People who do not vaccinate their kids are counting on the ones who do vaccinate to protect their children. What do they think is going to happen if all of these vaccines were pulled? Lots and lots of sick and dead people.