Page 487 of 511 FirstFirst ... 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 ... LastLast
Results 12,151 to 12,175 of 12775
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    the milage and the age are both making me hesitate. but, the pickings are real slim here in the upstates currently and that doesn't seem likely to change be fore winter sets in...

the price is $4000 below book, but i would also most likely end up adding 4wd which would be another $10,000 at least.

with the amount of waffling that I am doing, i'll probably end up passing on this. but i really do need to find something before the snows fly again.
    Looks very similar to mine, a GTRV. Pleasureways, Westys, Sportsmobiles, etc seem to me all have the same inside just with different options and small other differences. The roof pop-up looks exactly like mine from the inside. That bed folds into a bench seat, right? Mine is a V10 that's been converted to 4x4, a 1999. Runs like a champ. AMA.

anyone got any experiences with the pleasure way Traverse? seems like an exact coppy of the sportsmobile other than the pop top is hinged on the back end.

trying to figure if this one from 2005 with 145,000 mile on it is worth the $19,000 that the lady is asking for it.

any input would be appreciated.
    The rug really ties the room together

Lol

https://rockies.craigslist.org/tro/d...668078202.html

I don't know about the Titan but the camper may be a fair deal?

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I definitely will. Currently scheduled to be in Golden BC with friends for ten days early February, but would be happy to extend if you get that far North.

Envious of your canoe on top. My only solution so far is a trailer. Sure love a canoe, but a trailer seems to kind of defeat the purpose of the truck camper.
    Will be in KH Feb 4th with about 100 other patrollers, lmk if youre around.

anyone got any experiences with the pleasure way Traverse? seems like an exact coppy of the sportsmobile other than the pop top is hinged on the back end.

trying to figure if this one from 2005 with 145,000 mile on it is worth the $19,000 that the lady is asking for it.

any input would be appreciated.
    I think pics of the lady would help. Imagine the dirty that has happened in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

I'm still running this setup with great success. Had to reseal the fantastic fan vent and the black water knife valve is being dumb, but it's been a great setup. I'll roll with it again this winter, sans trailer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XP8pGyM.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	607.6 KB 
ID:	473211

Pop-up slide-in camper people: I want a “wind fairing” deflector for the roof of my f250 to help a bit w/gas mileage and bug graveyard reduction on my 4WC. I assume people here have done this - how? Which one and how did you mount it?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Big/old Steve created a system for his Tundra. You might be able to look back in the thread and find pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    Pop-up slide-in camper people: I want a “wind fairing” deflector for the roof of my f250 to help a bit w/gas mileage and bug graveyard reduction on my 4WC. I assume people here have done this - how? Which one and how did you mount it?

I've seen it done with a single roof rack crossbar with a Yakima or Thule fairing. Haven't tried it myself. I'd think the bottom edge of the fairing would chafe the roof paint though,
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I've seen it done with a single roof rack crossbar with a Yakima or Thule fairing. Haven't tried it myself. I'd think the bottom edge of the fairing would chafe the roof paint though,
    @Andyski - If you want to go this route, I've got a thule fairing and aero cross bar in Seattle you are welcome to for beer $.

I sub to a Youtube RV guy who uses an old snowboard as a fairing...second best use of a snowboard that I have ever seen and best was benches made from snowboards at Blackcomb.

Saw this in the grocery store parking lot and the guy gave me the full tour. Lives in it full time, prior owner nearly completed RTW in it. Thing looks flawless despite heavy use. Just an amazing camper. More refined than I thought.
    Name:  IMG_0863.jpeg
Views: 457
Size:  31.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Saw this in the grocery store parking lot and the guy gave me the full tour. Lives in it full time, prior owner nearly completed RTW in it. Thing looks flawless despite heavy use. Just an amazing camper. More refined than I thought.
    Name:  IMG_0863.jpeg
Views: 457
Size:  31.1 KB

Homebuilt? If not what brand?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Homebuilt? If not what brand?
    Was XPCamper now Nimbl.

Not home built. Super $$ but really bomber and impressive.

https://bozeman.craigslist.org/rvs/d...677915545.html

1950$, runs and drives. a little tlc and this could be an affordable ski rig.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW Lifer View Post
    @Andyski - If you want to go this route, I've got a thule fairing and aero cross bar in Seattle you are welcome to for beer $.
    Dammit! I just moved to Bend. Thanks mang!

Was XPCamper now Nimbl.

Not home built. Super $$ but really bomber and impressive.
    Yup I’ve spent time at their factory. Some of my van conversion was a collab between me and XP Camper, and with some of the employees now at Nimbl, it’s a nice resource for parts and advice.

Since their XP camper days they’ve developed a UV sterilized water treatment, etc, but it’s still an XP camper design mostly.

I recall those campers selling for $65k in 2015.

I went to the Nimbl website: “Starting at 287k”

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I went to the Nimbl website: “Starting at 287k”

Yup…with the truck. Super $$ but holy hell the interior is sweet. Like interior of a fiberglass boat. Everything is from a mold, cupboards, etc. Flatbed is super pimp too.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Gotta put Chamois Buttr on the roof first.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

I recall those campers selling for $65k in 2015.
    Yeah they were probably undervalued and a contributing factor to going out of business I would imagine.

Those fiberglass shells will last for decades and could easily be moved to a new truck as needed.

Yeah they were probably undervalued and a contributing factor to going out of business I would imagine.

Those fiberglass shells will last for decades and could easily be moved to a new truck as needed.
    There are threads discussing how the business itself went off the rails, but in 2015 around here 4WC in decent shape were selling for $7k (obviously a very different product but my point is those are expensive now too after the covidflation) and $65k seemed crazy expensive.

I came close to getting an XP Camper back then but slowly learned why a true 4WD moderately lifted van might be a better solution. Having owned trucks since college, I was pretty clueless about the van advantages.

If my rig got totalled and I was starting from scratch, I think I’d get an AWD chassis cab and build a Total Composites box to get something more like your rig in terms of truly cold weather performance. OTOH my metal cargo van is well insulated by van standards and does ok down to 0 F.

There are threads discussing how the business itself went off the rails, but in 2015 around here 4WC in decent shape were selling for $7k (obviously a very different product but my point is those are expensive now too after the covidflation) and $65k seemed crazy expensive.

Yeah, I know, Marc's business practices may have been less than ideal. I also remember the early XP camper prices back then seemed out of reach for most normal folks.

van might be a better solution. Having owned trucks since college, I was pretty clueless about the van advantages.
    In my serious climber dirtbag days, living in VW vans, I could never understand why so do many people wanted a truck and shell. Vans just seemed so obviously better.

Now, in the world of 4x4 Transits, I can't understand why someone would choose a truck camper for anything other than super duper off-road stuff. By the time you buy a 3/4 or 1t truck and a nice camper, you could easily get a nice van, which will be more comfortable and get better milage.

I guess if you're legitimately removing the camper and using the truck without it regularly, ok. But I suspect most of them just live on the truck year-round.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.