Page 494 of 511 FirstFirst ... 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ... LastLast
Results 12,326 to 12,350 of 12774
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Headed back from a trip in the new scout to southern UT. Got kinda skunked on hiking in Zion and Bryce due to the unexpected 6 inches of snow that fell. Forecast ahead of time said 0% chance of snow. It changed to 100% chance the night we arrived. Place turned into a mud pit and was atop a steep mountain road that was also slicker than snot. We stayed warm and dry in the camper. Got some amazing views, and enjoyed it.
    Nice. Pardon me if I missed them but got any pics of the new rig?

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Ill post some tomorrow. Looking forward to some trips with the dirtbike in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Bought a floor model that the dealer was taking to shows. Drove great on the back of the Tundra to Southern UT and back. Shitty gas mileage but that was to be expected. Ended up towing others campers out of the mud so that definitely reinforced our decision to get something on a truck instead of a van or a class C.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3968.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	477496

Should have taken another pic of it when it was covered in mud yesterday before I washed it.

Nice setup. What's dry weight of camper? 1200?

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Nice setup. What's dry weight of camper? 1200?
    Yep. Removed jacks and tailgate and rear seats from the truck. Decided against the optional RTT which is cool but heavy and high up. We are most likely over payload when headed out of the driveway. Might go up to the dump to get on their scales some day.

Name:	PXL_20231126_034922573.NIGHT.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	767.2 KB 
ID:	477586

Name:	PXL_20231126_000948141.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	477587
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20231126_003026483~2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	477585  

Skis, FS bike, hardtail, gravel bike, what looks like Gooseberry, and a full moon to boot? Holy Hexfecta!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by B__ View Post

Name:	PXL_20231126_034922573.NIGHT.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	767.2 KB 
ID:	477586

Name:	PXL_20231126_000948141.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	477587
    Damn B__! Like Schralph said, looks like the Dolphin’s daughter is winning!!

Still in MT? Holler if you get down this way…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Name:	IMG_2149.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	477860

Camper upgrade time. Moving from a 1990 Lance with a diesel heater and no hot water to a 1998 Lance with everything original, in good shape and in working order. There are so many options for truck campers at all different price levels, but the used Lance market is the best choice for price. My newer Lance is shorter so I’ll be able to pull the sled trailer, and I appreciate the finished interior, bathroom and comfortable size, all for just $5k.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post

Name:	IMG_2149.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	477860

Camper upgrade time. Moving from a 1990 Lance with a diesel heater and no hot water to a 1998 Lance with everything original, in good shape and in working order. There are so many options for truck campers at all different price levels, but the used Lance market is the best choice for price. My newer Lance is shorter so I’ll be able to pull the sled trailer, and I appreciate the finished interior, bathroom and comfortable size, all for just $5k.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Very cool, and better built than a new Lance to boot! (Sorry bobcat, I'm sure yours is fine)

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Top 3 diesel heaters ? Looking for quiet and must make it through the night without a refill...

I started looking on Google but Google is for ppl who don't have TRG . I trust what a maggot says over the rest of the interwebz.

This will be for supplemental heat in my older class c. A lot of guys are running catalytics but with my daughter's with me the oxygen usage scares me and cracking all the windows kind of defeats the purpose.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Top 3 diesel heaters ? Looking for quiet and must make it through the night without a refill...

I started looking on Google but Google is for ppl who don't have TRG . I trust what a maggot says over the rest of the interwebz.

This will be for supplemental heat in my older class c. A lot of guys are running catalytics but with my daughter's with me the oxygen usage scares me and cracking all the windows kind of defeats the purpose.

Our camper came with an autoterm built in. Over three nights in the teens and twenties it sipped less than a gallon of fuel. Pretty amazing. The diesel sits outside so all exhaust is outside, just pumps heat in through a vent.

Not sure on quality, but i have heard the chinese ones are pretty awesome and $150.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post

Not sure on quality, but i have heard the chinese ones are pretty awesome and $150.
    The FB group is active and very useful for the current recs. Unless $1500 for a Webasto is in the budget, any of the Chinese clones is the ticket. Mine uses around 2L overnight to keep my 22' Class A too warm when it's 0F outside.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    My chinese knockoff has been great. Sips diesel and keeps my basically uninsulated GFC as warm as 65 degrees all night while using like 1.5L of fuel. Literally the cheapest easiest upgrade for any camper/van setup IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    The FB group is active and very useful for the current recs. Unless $1500 for a Webasto is in the budget, any of the Chinese clones is the ticket. Mine uses around 2L overnight to keep my 22' Class A too warm when it's 0F outside.
    I have had four Chinese diesel heaters.
    1. Current camper
    -100's of hours on it, smashing off road, no issues

2. Old truck camper
    -100's hours on it, some off road, no issues

3. Garage
    -run it almost non-stop in winter to heat the garage
    -no issues

4. Our old boat in AK
    -marine environment
    -ran non stop essentially
    -no issues

A friend with a Webasto in his Sprinter has had altitude issues, have to spend $$ on specific altitude module. The Chinese beater heaters we have you can simply program the module it comes with. My vote, give your $$ to the communists.

Had my 2015 webasto tuned for 6400 ft, which means it runs lean if I’m up North & running it at 3,000 ft. Have had zero issues with it but haven’t operated above 9800 ft.

I think the main question when shopping for the cheaper options is how quiet are they. I know some are pretty loud.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    I have had four Chinese diesel heaters.
    1. Current camper
    -100's of hours on it, smashing off road, no issues

2. Old truck camper
    -100's hours on it, some off road, no issues

3. Garage
    -run it almost non-stop in winter to heat the garage
    -no issues

4. Our old boat in AK
    -marine environment
    -ran non stop essentially
    -no issues

A friend with a Webasto in his Sprinter has had altitude issues, have to spend $$ on specific altitude module. The Chinese beater heaters we have you can simply program the module it comes with. My vote, give your $$ to the communists.
    Brand?

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Brand?

Whatever Amazon sells, I think it really doesn't matter.

In terms of noise, the only noise they make is the pump. The fan noise is negligible in my opinion. You can get around this by either buying an aftermarket silent pump or mount it where it is isolated and can't hear the tick tick as well. All diesel heaters have the same issue with loud fuel pumps.

Did you guys install the heaters yourselves? I too want to add a diesel heater to my van but am a bit worried about tapping the fuel tank

What van do you have - if a Sprinter theres already an Aux Tap which is super easy to connect to with a Dorman quick connect tap. this is the ticket.... https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-800-18...0CJLL3N6&psc=1

I just attached the included 10L plastic tank to the back of my RV, GOTOS style. Tapping into the main diesel tank seemed like a huge hassle. It's been fine there for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by rpearce1475 View Post
    Did you guys install the heaters yourselves? I too want to add a diesel heater to my van but am a bit worried about tapping the fuel tank
    I don't have a diesel vehicle, but for 99% of my use the supplied tank is plenty for a winter weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I just attached the included 10L plastic tank to the back of my RV, GOTOS style. Tapping into the main diesel tank seemed like a huge hassle. It's been fine there for 4 years.
    Do you guys have any fear whatsoever of your cheap diesel heater catching on fire and BBQing you in your RV? This is a serious question from a naïve person.

Zero concern from me. The combustion chambers are sealed, and diesel won't even burn on its own, so if there's a leak or whatever it will just sit there. If you doubt this, try to light some with a match.

There are thousands and thousands of the Chinese heaters out there working every day. Some of them stop working and get all sooty but I've never heard of a fire.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Keep in mind if traveling in really cold places that diesel will gel. Run winter blend diesel if available and you can mix up to 50/50 kerosene if it's really super cold. Too much kerosene blend and the pump will wear out quickly because kerosene doesn't have the lubricity(?) of diesel.