Page 572 of 2251 FirstFirst ... 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 ... LastLast
Results 14,276 to 14,300 of 56273
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Intense. Those guys are amazing pilots.

I probably would have puked up a couple bagfuls if I was sitting in back.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Intense. Those guys are amazing pilots.

I probably would have puked up a couple bagfuls if I was sitting in back.
    A friend is a navy pilot captain and told me that usually the shorter stocky guys were built better to handle the g forces. He's not short 5'10" but on the stocky side 210-220lbs.

High G exercise, gotta stay awake.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Looks like it takes some serious work to keep from passing out in those High g turns. That proximity flying is unreal.
    I'm takes some conditioning and acclamation, but they also wear g suits to keep their internals where they are supposed to be.

Lots of dentists are cringing at all that teeth grinding.

"3 up, 3 down, what does that mean to you?!?!"

"End of an inning?"
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Cool!! Seattle. I gotta go watch next year.
    SeaFair, Baby! I watched them fly those lines from the top of the Space Needle last month.

They are based out of Pensacola NAS and practice there every Tuesday and Wednesday during the summer time.
    Growing up here, it was just another thing and nobody paid them no mind until the beach show on 4th of July, but now they have 50K people showing up just for the practice flights.

I couldn't imagine what its like to have those jet screaming by and dropping bombs on you in a war.
    Just hearing them overhead gives me goosebumps

Does anyone else find themselves watching HSN for no reason but to stare at the sloppy bombs on their C grade hosts?

Sent from one of those fancy cellular telephones
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Does anyone else find themselves watching HSN for no reason but to stare at the sloppy bombs on their C grade hosts?
    When I was a young'n we'd give kids a hard time by saying that they'd got a boner looking at the women's underwear in the Sears catalog. ^ That is the millenniums version.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    When I was a young'n we'd give kids a hard time by saying that they'd got a boner looking at the women's underwear in the Sears catalog. ^ That is the millenniums version.
    yep...that's pretty fitting
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

WTF, now the video imbed thingy is broken.

How can I post up a stupid utoob video of the ice spider movie trailer?!?!?
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post

Sent from one of those fancy cellular telephones
    just as an fyi, some of those hosts make much better than 6 figures because they can sell crap like freaking clothes hangars, they'll take any potential crap buyer watching for any reason; if it boosts their sales for the quarter.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post

I couldn't imagine what its like to have those jet screaming by and dropping bombs on you in a war.
    Once or twice the airwing on our carrier put on a show for the ships crew, basically to releive boredom and target practice for getting rid of old ordinance out in the middle of the briney blue.

1000lb dumbdumbs do make quite the splash even 600 yds away.

I found it was more interesting to watch flight deck ops(traps and launches) but even that gets boring and the time is better spent sleeping in yor rack cause you are on port/starboard watch rotation and barely get 4 hours of sleep in a 24 hour day for months on end.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
    He looks like he needs some ex-lax.
    They don't wear G-suits because they would dangerously effect the controls in such proximity flying. In other words, they pull some Gs, the suit inflates, and it makes you pull back on the stick or throttle or something. Even if it was just a hair, it could make you clip another plane, since they're practically touching already. So they do this thing that looks like your constipated. This is of course what I heard, but I'm pretty sure it's true. Notice how he's doing it when they go around 90 degree banks and loops.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

If they are screaming by it's probably too late
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

They don't wear G-suits because they would dangerously effect the controls in such proximity flying. In other words, they pull some Gs, the suit inflates, and it makes you pull back on the stick or throttle or something.
    g suit simply increases pressure so that the blood doesn't rush out of your head due to g forces to keep pilot from passing out. It has no effect of space or control in the cockpit
    Who cares how the crow flies

Two of the Blue Angels flew over my house this year just before they started their practice for sea Fair, nice to see something other than the regular NAS Whidbey planes. I few years ago I was Hiking on Mount Baker and the Thunderbirds spent about an hour taking pictures, They had one plane flying with them as they flew in different formations, It was cool to get your own private air show.
    They replaced the EA-6 Prowlers at Whidbey a few years ago with EA-18 Growlers, One of the "weapons" it has is it's loud sound, I've heard they like to use it to scare the enemy as they approach.
    Last edited by refried; 09-06-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Awesome photo!!!!

Calmer than you dude

Quote Originally Posted by YoEddy View Post
    g suit simply increases pressure so that the blood doesn't rush out of your head due to g forces to keep pilot from passing out. It has no effect of space or control in the cockpit
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/_mob...ue-angel-pilot

" Suiting Up: Fleet squadron pilots wear G-suits, which pressurize to keep blood from pooling in the lower body during high acceleration. Blue Angels can’t do that. “We rest our forearms on our legs and use our knees as a fulcrum,” Simonsen says. The inflating suit could interfere with hand movement—dangerous in tight formations. Instead, Blue Angels use the hic maneuver: bracing the legs and flexing lower body muscles to constrict the vascular system, then exhaling forcefully, causing the diaphragm to elevate blood into the upper torso. Blue Angels also eschew oxygen masks during demonstrations because they typically don’t fly above 15,000 feet."
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Watch out for the shock! It's coming.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/_mob...ue-angel-pilot

" Suiting Up: Fleet squadron pilots wear G-suits, which pressurize to keep blood from pooling in the lower body during high acceleration. Blue Angels can’t do that. “We rest our forearms on our legs and use our knees as a fulcrum,” Simonsen says. The inflating suit could interfere with hand movement—dangerous in tight formations. Instead, Blue Angels use the hic maneuver: bracing the legs and flexing lower body muscles to constrict the vascular system, then exhaling forcefully, causing the diaphragm to elevate blood into the upper torso. Blue Angels also eschew oxygen masks during demonstrations because they typically don’t fly above 15,000 feet."
    I satnd corrected. I should have said it "shouldn't have any effect ... Unless you're a blue angel".
    Who cares how the crow flies