Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wide lasted alpine boot...

Searched it with various terms...came up empty.

What alpine boot has a fit (last width) similar the the BD Factors? Seems that Solly comes the closest with some 100mm lasted boot models, but, the Factors are 103 and I was looking for something close to that fit.

Yeah yeah yeah, I have said the Factor is fine as an alpine boot...
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

dalbello alpine boots go wide and small which worked for me

I got toe pinch trying on factors but 101mm dalbellos work great for me so I wonder about the 103 you have posted but it could also be the shape of the last ?

Most Tecnica's fit Fred Flintstone feet well.

Tried the Technicas last year and they felt like a vise on my feet, but, I didn't mold them, so that might have explained a lot.

Dragon model line in the Technicas? Agents look soft.
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.

I have duck feet, meaning my heel is narrow but my forefoot is pretty wide. The Nordica Speed Machine 14's fit out of the box perfect. They fit so well I bought a second pair last year in case Nordica quits making them. The Factor, to me, feels about the same.
    Thanks Shane

+1 for tecnica...

got wide feet and worn them for over 10 years.

if you have high arches then you will need super feet in them.

The 103 last measurement was a response I got from Black Diamond when I asked about the last width.

I should also state my arch is totally collapsed (as in I have none) so that is where my feet are really wide.

I do use a custom footbed with arch support, so, that helps a little in the fit.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    dalbello alpine boots go wide and small which worked for me

I got toe pinch trying on factors but 101mm dalbellos work great for me so I wonder about the 103 you have posted but it could also be the shape of the last ?

Quote Originally Posted by F.D.V. View Post
    Tried the Technicas last year and they felt like a vise on my feet, but, I didn't mold them, so that might have explained a lot.

definitely not the dragon line. The pheonix line.

Some of the fischers will have a wider last as well, while being moderately stiff. I am thinking something like the viron 110.

Nordica sportmachine.

But there is always the salomons too.

Please note that not all boots from each brand fit the same. There are different lines in every brand that have different last widths, and basically any boot company these days (definitely all of the ones I listed) will have a relatively stiff boot (110+) that is wide enough.

If you want a race/plug boot as far as stiffness, there is a good chance you are going to have to crush your feet.

Head has some wide forefoot boots (103mm, 104mm). They were actually a little too wide for me; I'm in Atomic Hawx (100mm) -- just a little bit more space than the common 98mm boots was what I needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Head has some wide forefoot boots (103mm, 104mm). .
    Truth, good call.

Second for the Technicas Dragons. I have the 120s, great boot. I believe the last is 100 or 101. They are also pretty narrow in the heel, prefect fit for me. I just had them punched out a tiny bit on the "6th" toe area.

Why do you recommend the Phoenix line? It is a 90-100 flex and the Dragon line starts at 100. Are you recommending it based on the adjustability or the fit or because of it's ability to push harder?

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    definitely not the dragon line. The pheonix line.

lange Blaster PRO, 102 mm
    New Full Tilt High five = 102mm
    http://fulltiltboots.com/boots/high-five
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

All of you complaining of wide feet and alpine boots make me laugh. If a boot fits you out of the box, your foot isn't that wide.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

+1 for Nordicas. Blow out the side a bit for the 6th toe, and you're good to go.

Atomic B120 is your boot. 120 flex, 104mm last.

Thanks guys!

My question now is the following...

Are any of the above listed boots going to ski harder (as opposed to softer) than the Black Diamond Factors I am in now. The Factor is listed as 130, but to me, feels like 95-105. With that said, it seems like it would be just as stiff as any of the above offerings.

Thoughts?

It depends on how each manufacturer measures and labels its flex rating. My Atomic's are labeled as a 110, but 110 what? Out of how many?

All I know is, my boots weren't stiff or wide enough so we punched the bajeezus out of them and added Intuitions, WC Boosters, and race plates. They flex and fit better now.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

The 103 last measurement was a response I got from Black Diamond when I asked about the last width.

I should also state my arch is totally collapsed (as in I have none) so that is where my feet are really wide.

I do use a custom footbed with arch support, so, that helps a little in the fit.
    My feet are also flatter than piss on a plate but small size 24 ,I am in the Dalbello surge (but it came stock with a power wrap )which I couldnt find on the manufacturers website so I think its discoed

http://sportsden.com/category/ski_su..._surge_id.html

I also use a custom foot bed but I honestly can't tell the diff between the sole and a custom if I put one of each in a boot for the day

some one told me the flat foot is an asian male trait

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    some one told me the flat foot is an asian male trait
    ...among other things
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

lange super blaster also has a 102 last

Dalbello Proton series from a couple of years back fits my wide feet.
    not counting days 2016-17

jgb@etree Guest

I've got a pretty wide forefoot and have struggled to find a boot with a good shell shape (withing being punched/stretched) for years. After wearing heavily modified Langes for 15+ years, I bought a pair of Dragon 120's last year and have been extremely happy. Didn't need to touch the shell. Just had some footbeds molded and some minor tweaks to the liner and my feet are in heaven.

Last year was the first season I can remember not loosing a toenail (or two) in several years.

I have to echo the Tecnica Dragon 120's for a widish foot. They fit my squarish wide feet really well out of the box. I'll probably get them punched a tiny bit this year. I wanted to break the liners in as much as possible before I got any work done.

I have a pretty moderately wide foot. The Head Vector 120 fitted pretty well shape wise anyway. 103 forefoot, narrowish in the heel, med instep.
    My drinking buddies say i have a skiing problem...