Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    I'm looking to get something smaller than my Nikon d5100 and am looking at the Panasonic DMC-GX7 and Olympus OM-D E-M10. They both look great in the store. I like the Panasonic grip better. Has anyone used either? Any advice?

I thought about going very small with the Sony RX-100 III, but I think I'm going M43.

Thanks.

Have you looked at the panasonic gm1? A pocketable m4/3 camera would make for a nice companion to a slr.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I like having a viewfinder. This camera will be an upgrade to my G11.

Got the EM1. Pretty fucking fantastic. I haven't used it nearly as much as I should, but I can't say enough good about it. I already had Olympus prior to this which made the decision pretty easy for me as I could use my old lenses (with an adapter). Great build quality (as with all Olympus slr's). The app that lets you run it from your phone is pretty handy as is all the live screen adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    I'm looking to get something smaller than my Nikon d5100 and am looking at the Panasonic DMC-GX7 and Olympus OM-D E-M10. They both look great in the store. I like the Panasonic grip better. Has anyone used either? Any advice?

I thought about going very small with the Sony RX-100 III, but I think I'm going M43.

Thanks.
    I have had an E-M10 since it was released. I'm very happy with it and with the size of it. However, I moved up from digital P&S, and I've never really handled a DSLR.

Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    I have had an E-M10 since it was released. I'm very happy with it and with the size of it. However, I moved up from digital P&S, and I've never really handled a DSLR.
    If the Panasonic felt better in your hand, then I'd go with the Panasonic. The camera's are pretty close spec wise and I wouldn't expect the photos that come out of them to be very different. Both are nice cameras.

http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/m-zu...nditioned.html

SUMMER15 coupon code. Get it in the next half hour or it will likely be sold out. 570 shipped to colorado.

sold out

I just got an EM1. I haven't used it much yet, but just from playing around, it's a big improvement over my old E5. It's half the size, takes better pictures, has more features and I'm loving the big viewfinder. It seems to focus my old 4/3 lenses just fine, though I haven't really tested them out yet.

In case anyone is looking for Oly bodies or lenses. I just got an email, 20% off all outlet(refurbished) items. Includes the EM1 body, EM10 body, some lenses, but not a huge amount of good lenses right now.

http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/outl...ed-lenses.html
    http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/outl...d-cameras.html

I have a GH3 for sale. Less than 99 clicks on it, super minty bro! PM if interested.