Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2336
    Hey I'm the best skier on the TGR forum.

No, i am better.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    go take a lap.
    yes please, windsurf balaton where do you ski?

Howdy all. Decided to join the fray to hopefully contribute something of value after gleaning much stoke as a lurker. Currently living in northern Utah but am a Montana native. Learned to ski at Teton Pass outside Choteau and Showdown by Neihart. Did a bunch of skiing at the area formerly known as Big Mountain. College in Bozeman with the requisite time spent at Bridger and Big Sky. Now I spend most of my time skiing with my kids and wife here in UT at Beaver Mountain with an occasional foray south to Snowbasin or Alta.

Hi ladies & gents,
    Cool forum, not sure how I didn't hear about it earlier. I'm sure I will not add anything of any intellectual value, hence the name, but I'm a die hard skier and enduro motocross rider and like to see what other like minded people are up too.
    Grew up spending my winters on Belleayre Mt. in NY where my father ski patrolled for 35 years, now I bounce all over but I have a place in Vt so that's where I'm heading tonight with the family.
    That all said, I live in the sticks of NJ, no fist pumping, no gel in my hair, and when I leave my windows open in the summer all I hear is the horses, and chickens.
    When I go to Vt or Co, "jersey" don't come with me.
    Happy New years all
    Last edited by The gaaping-gaper; 12-31-2014 at 03:26 PM.

I have been lurking around for a while but my first visit to Jackson Hole in December pushed me to be more involved. Russian/Australian, live far away from NA mountain ranges in UAE desert (I know, it sucks). I spent childhood hiking/biking/enduro racing in the Eastern part of Russia. Well, my hometown was only 1h flight away from Japan, so you can imagine why I’m used to snow. Despite this opportunity, I went to snowboarding only a few years but it has been keeping me committed and excited!

Once I saw a t-shirt 'I was single, married, divorced and now I just ride' and it perfectly describes me now. Going to Jackson for two weeks in January, ready for hiking and skinning to get it all or most of it!

Quote Originally Posted by IVplay View Post
    Ottawa sucks as a city. Sucks to suck.
    Yes, it does suck.

Hi all, JONG again here. I was on maybe 10 years ago, posted a handful of times, then sort of drifted away. Anyone remember Lester Fresh? Anyone? No? Ok. Well, I've found myself lurking more and more lately so thought I'd give it another go. I do a lot of XCD here on my own little Home Hill here on the farm in central Wis., bushwhack the local bluffs and mounds, and buy a few tickets each season a some of the flavorful county-run hills. Established a western HQ near Monarch a few years back and spend as much time as possible out there but can't quite pull it off full-time. Yet. So, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques Sheer-Rocko View Post
    Hi all, JONG again here. I was on maybe 10 years ago, posted a handful of times, then sort of drifted away. Anyone remember Lester Fresh? Anyone? No? Ok. Well, I've found myself lurking more and more lately so thought I'd give it another go. I do a lot of XCD here on my own little Home Hill here on the farm in central Wis., bushwhack the local bluffs and mounds, and buy a few tickets each season a some of the flavorful county-run hills. Established a western HQ near Monarch a few years back and spend as much time as possible out there but can't quite pull it off full-time. Yet. So, hi.
    welcome to tgr

And MoifMurphy, hit me up if you ever make it to Jackson! Can't do shit for snowboard lessons myself, but can sure as hell do a TGR HQ tour]
    Hey I didn't get an orientation tour offer. Can I bring my octocopter? get some office/action/aerial shots?

Yes, it does suck.

Hello, my name is Jp
    from southern california, currently living and working in Northern Arizona,
    Snowboarder, skier, whitewater kayaker, and backpacking guide.

hope to meet some people to continuethese passions and travel to do them.
    cheers

People call me Jah . 27 year old southern white male
    Atlanta Born and Bred. Went to college in Virginia. Been skiing since I was 2 years old. Averaged 20 + days during my formative years. Various Summer Ski Camps. Infamous Newschoolers.com member

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    People call me Jah . 27 year old southern white male
    Atlanta Born and Bred. Went to college in Virginia. Been skiing since I was 2 years old. Averaged 20 + days during my formative years. Various Summer Ski Camps. Infamous Newschoolers.com member
    God was taken already?
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

damn fellas, I just found TGR... happy to be here!

working part time at K-mart/Pico so that's where you'll find me most of the time..

Hi, found TGR 1 or 2 years ago, just didn't think you blowhards were worth talking to until now, so... nice to meet you all.
    Been skiing for about 25 years, mostly in scandinavia.

Grew up skiing with the family all over Tahoe. Tried out snowboarding for nearly a decade

Longtime lurker, first time poster. Have been using TGR for conditions reports, thought I could add something. Originally on the east coast, then Alpine Meadows now all backcountry. If Tahoe winters don't get better might have to move again.

New to the forum -

Been skiing since I could walk. Living in Boulder, CO and looking for partners psyched on the BC and ski mountaineering.

Grew up in Canmore now call Nelson home. Been sliding on snow in various disciplines for the better part of 30 years, teleing for the past 15 or so. Recently locked my heels down due to a back injury, it's been an adjustment but i'm ripping as hard as i'm able!

New to the forum and writing to say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by iskiedthat View Post
    Longtime lurker, first time poster. Have been using TGR for conditions reports, thought I could add something. Originally on the east coast, then Alpine Meadows now all backcountry. If Tahoe winters don't get better might have to move again.
    Where on the East Coast are you from? I did a stint in Tahoe awhile back.
    "Life is a river. Go with the current." -Buddha

New to the forum, been going skiing since i was three but live unfortunately in the god forsaken land of Arkansas so i only get about 15 days a year. Can't wait to graduate this year and move out west.

Jong-ish first post

Bay Area wage slave who used to get a lot more days in the past, but living vicariously through the interwebs. Was stoked for the 14/15 Season after attending the Higher Squaw premier, been doing a bunch of yard work since. My first skis were my name sake and these look better than my Sisters: ( . ) ( . )

Greetings, maggots. Longtime lurker finally registered to join in the fun.