2011 Bluehouse Maestros vs 2010 K2 Hellbent

Hey TGR!
    I know this is my first post and all, but I really need some help deciding which of these pow boards to get!
    This year I'm gonna be playing in the pow so I need a ski that will be super good for riding and stomping both switch and forward in the fluff. Im hoping not to break the bank on this purchase because I have to buy a whole ton of other gear. Im currently looking at 2010 K2 Hellbents (122 waist), or Bluehouse Maestros.
    I am 5'8" and 130 pounds but am still growing.
    I plan to ski 85% powder, 15% park. The only park I will ski will be during the spring, early season, or at summer camp. In the powder I will most likely ski 90% BC jumps and freestyle, and 10% just making pow turns.
    I think that for me being a lighter and shorter guy, I will benefit well from the Maestros with their slightly slimmer dimensions.
    Most of all, I would like to know if the Maestros will be any good landing switch in powder.
    Also, I would buy the Maestros in 178, and Hellbents in 179.

I don't know a lot about the Maestros so post up any information/reviews that you have on them!!
    Rocker pics are also appreciated!

Thanks!!

i'm going to throw you a bone and say search. There is quite a lot of info out on both those skis.... I'll leave it there.. good luck as I doubt most will be so gentle.

Quote Originally Posted by IJ View Post
    i'm going to throw you a bone and say search. There is quite a lot of info out on both those skis.... I'll leave it there.. good luck as I doubt most will be so gentle.
    yeah, I searched but all I could really find reviews and rocker shots of were the hellbents, Im looking for more info on the Maestros, preferably how they ski switch. Im guessing they do okay being that they have nearly symmetrical dimensions. How about tail rocker though?

I know it's not what you want to hear about but, I enjoy my 2010 'Bents, they are fun in most aspects. They spin well, float well, turn super easy, tip flap on hard pack really well. They are not a big charging ski, If i were you I would look at ON3P's lineup.

If you wanna wait I ski Loveland and you are more than welcome to try my 179cm 'Bents for a run.

thanks for the input!
    unfortunately, as sick as ON3Ps are, I am just not gonna be able to afford them. and thanks for the offer about the bents at loveland, but i dont think i'll be able to make it up there anytime soon.

I just think the Bent would be annoying for working booters all day in the BC. The Maestro would be good, or take a look at a JJ or a One Life or something more like 115 at the waist with a really aggressive rocker profile. I'm not a huge fan of the bents but there is plenty of info about why you might or might not like them out there, but they aren't what I would pick if 90% of the time I was working booters - they are big floppy skis (also the only ones I've skied are the 189s fwiw). Just my two cents, based on video footage there are lots of folks who love the bents for jumping so there you go.

I bought a set of 189 Maestro & really excited for a blower pow/storm day type ski. I've got some BH Shoots & those go fast & straight w/ a lot speed, they FUN, but they remind me of my old Wizard Explosives. If you get lazy on BH Shoots, they'll ski you, you really need be on top top of them all the time, but love them though. I like a lot of things about Bluehouse, just gotta figure out the mounting point I wanna put them at.

I've had buddies who have Hell Bents, & fuckin' love 'em. Either way you go, you'll be fine it is good deep pow ski.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

Thank you all for the help, but I have decided to get some 2011 Surface One Lifes. They will be a bit more freestyle/jib oriented than the Maestros, and they will be stiffer and lighter than the Hellbents. I think they will be much better than both the Hellbents and the Maestros for the type of skiing that I am looking to do.

Thank you all.

Not a bad choice, and the same one that I made

If you plan on going fast don't get hellbents
    Live forever or die in the attempt

If your looking for a ski to land swith in pow, ski the deepest pow, carve like its on rails on ice, spin well and hit some kickers both in and out of the park, ski spring slush, and just goof around all over the place, you just can't beat the Hellbents, I don't think any ski between 115 and 125 underfoot can float like they do. They took a little getting used to, (its kinda strange to see your skis flop a when bombing hard pack or crud), but they are so playful and can ski anything. The more conditions I try them in, the more conditions i like them in.
    But if you're going to be skiing crusty wind/sun effected off piste snow alot, go for something stiffer, that it the only place I like to use my Armada Ants over the hellbents

okay, now how do i go about getting this thread deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by bridge View Post
    If your looking for a ski to l... carve like its on rails on ice, ... you just can't beat the Hellbents, s
    shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by roark View Post
    shenanigans.
    Utah ice, probably not Ice Coast ice