Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Does an All-Mountain Season Pass exist?

After tons of searching, the best thing I can find are season passes that cover various mountains in a single state. Being that the weather's so unpredictable, and we'd all like to go wherever the good snow is this upcoming season, is there such thing as a season lift pass that would cover the Rockies, the Pacific NW, or even multiple states? It would be so cool if I could get a pass that would allow me to ski wherever I feel like any given weekend.

There are some good discounts if you buy season passes early, but I'd hate to be locked into any given mountain in case the snowfall sucks for them this season.

How do you guys most effectively chase the snow on a budget? (if that's even possible)

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    How do you guys most effectively chase the snow on a budget?
    Give the lifties blow jobs.

The pass you want doesn't exist. If it did, I imagine it would be absurdly expensive.

Boyne resorts offered an All-country season pass to the mountains they owned previously, but they determined that the expense of summer storage of their moguls was far too much.

They had to sell off their mogul wharehouses on ebay, and no longer offer the pass.
    Skiing made me Board

^^^ Yup. Gold pass. Only 10K, but hey, 9K of it is tax deductible.
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

My Flickr Photostream

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Give the lifties blow jobs.

The pass you want doesn't exist. If it did, I imagine it would be absurdly expensive.
    Yes it does exist. It's called the green pass and it's accepted by lifties at most mountains. Generally it's frowned upon to ride the lower mountain lifts more than once in a day with the greenpass.

Quote Originally Posted by GoEhuge View Post
    ^^^ Yup. Gold pass. Only 10K, but hey, 9K of it is tax deductible.
    Wow! That would incredible! It would be great to support the US Ski Team like that. Too bad I don't have 10 g's to give them. Haha. Maybe someday I will, though. Gotta be optimistic, right? Yup. I guess it's just best to buy passes on a per weekend basis. Oh, well. Thought it might be worth asking.

I'll buy that Gold Pass the instant I win the lottery. Heck, if I won the Jackpot, I'd buy you all Gold Passes too, so I'd have guaranteed ski buddies, since most of my SA friends are lame and have never even seen snow. Seriously. Tragic, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by samthaman View Post
    Yes it does exist. It's called the green pass and it's accepted by lifties at most mountains. Generally it's frowned upon to ride the lower mountain lifts more than once in a day with the greenpass.
    Just did a google search, and couldn't find anything of the sort. Is there perhaps a website for this?

I <3 TGR

My ticket-checking buddy accepts green passes, only to gift them out because he doesn't partake himself. Classic.
    o--/\
    --/(. \
    -/ .) ' \ go with respect, get to know your mountains
    /' (. ' |'\
    ' ' .) ' ,'

http://hightimes.com/ might have some info.
    Hahahaha. Makes perfect sense. All I was finding was crap about carbon credits and stuff. I'm a bit slow on these sorts of things sometimes.

you get a subscription to ski magazine with the gold pass. Now I know youre going to get one.

POTD...IMHO
    The Sheriff is near!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    for Utah
    http://www.skiutah.com/winter/locals...ses/index.html
    The cottonwood canyon colation also sells a 30 days at each bcc lcc pass not sure on price or quanity/availability
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Yeah, everybody's got one! My arrived yesterday!
    The Passion is in the Risk

Hi AustinFromSA! May I suggest you reconsider going west, and instead buy a "PowderPassport" to the Northeast? The skiing is more challenging here due to the variable conditions and diverse terrain, the partying is unmatched anywhere(can you say "hot New Jersey Italian babes?") and the snow and weather are underrated to say the least! The saying is so true that "If you can ski the east, you can ski ANYWHERE"!. The culture is superior, the history is rich and the "Norman Rockwell" factor is prevalent everywhere you turn. With mountains as varied as Jay Peak, Wachusett and Saddleback available on the PowderPassport, you will never be bored!
    I would also like to formally invite you to check out our ALPINEZONE forums. We are a fun-loving but responsible bunch of skiers who know the benefits of what good moderation brings to an on-line community. I will warn you however up front that registering an alias is "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. You will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. This invitation extends to all the self-proclaimed "MAGGOTS" as well. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

I knew an AZ post was going to show up somewhere on this board, but this isn't where I expected it.
    I want to ski with you greg. Then maybe you can help me pull some of that new jersey italian poontang.
    Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Too bad I don't have 10 g's to give them. Haha.
    So, how much did you hope to spend on this pass to ski anywhere you want all season?
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

If you come to Canada, the Canadian ski council offers a book of 20 disounted lift passes valid at every hill in the country (though only those in the BC/Alberta are worth visiting .)

The top tier works out to about $62 or $64/pass and the next tier which includes everything but whistler/blackcomb works out to $52/pass.

It's about the best deal you'll get if you want to ski/ride at more than one hill.

They're probably sold out by now though
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    So, how much did you hope to spend on this pass to ski anywhere you want all season?
    $1,000 - that's also what USSA seems to think a season pass to 250 ski areas is worth (because only $9k of the $10k is tax deductible)

Yep, they have to show at least some fair market value, but that's really low. But that means your still paying $6760 for the pass, if you're in the 36% bracket.

KS usually has two hanging around. Only problem, they're not direct to the lift at most resorts.

An all mountain season pass does exist:

it's called "skins".
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Make sure you wear your cowboy hat and your 1 piece Bogner wherever you go.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

do you have "all mountain" skis to go with that there pass, tex?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hi AustinFromSA! May I suggest you reconsider going west, and instead buy a "PowderPassport" to the Northeast? The skiing is more challenging here due to the variable conditions and diverse terrain, the partying is unmatched anywhere(can you say "hot New Jersey Italian babes?") and the snow and weather are underrated to say the least! The saying is so true that "If you can ski the east, you can ski ANYWHERE"!. The culture is superior, the history is rich and the "Norman Rockwell" factor is prevalent everywhere you turn. With mountains as varied as Jay Peak, Wachusett and Saddleback available on the PowderPassport, you will never be bored!
    I would also like to formally invite you to check out our ALPINEZONE forums. We are a fun-loving but responsible bunch of skiers who know the benefits of what good moderation brings to an on-line community. I will warn you however up front that registering an alias is "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. You will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. This invitation extends to all the self-proclaimed "MAGGOTS" as well. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!
    Quit cunting up TGR, nobody wants to "Cum join your fun." Its fags like you that make people think that east coasters are prissy douches. I looked at your ghey ass site and with enthralling discussion topics such as "Traveling out West????" "Sunday River Promo Ad" and "best way to find seasonal rental in Stratton area?" I can really tell you're "keeping the bar high."

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but fuck you greg.
    My polez are P!NK, hence my name. It's not because I like weiner.

Spring Break 2010: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=188583

Spring Break 2009: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=155357