Page 191 of 465 FirstFirst ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 11608
    I'm amazed at the hours some of us keep....lol

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    classic ass-check.
    also included are "i'm accustomed to there being a whippet here but there's not and this crappy ski pole is worthless" check
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

MRG today. Old black Goats, red TNF shell, black hat. Hope to see some of you out there.

Gonna be f'ing cold one out there kids, bundle up.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    ...and an only-at-MRG funny.

a 70 year old woman walks up to me between the basebox and the single.

spotting my pow plusses : "those skis used to be really popular in the early 90s" (from her tone i think she was trying to mildy dis)

told her i like prefer straight skis especially in the pow but admitted i was shopping around for some rocker...at which time i apparently lost her - she then went on to tell me something me about something - and proceeded to lose me as i had already missed several precious chairs and it was time to Go!...

was glad she wasn't up on this year's rockered offerings or i would have missed several more
    I thought you had an I-Pod? Also with the early arrival at MRG are you changing from last to first chair Guy

Ml242 and I are taking the First Aid couse at the GMC today and tomorrow so no skiing till a Monday tour. Be safe.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by theskiman View Post
    Just speculating, but I think when he said false, he wasn't referring to the inches fallen, but to the fact that it wasn't "untracked" per se, as your tracks were in it at some point during the fall of those 4 feet.
    Yup, our tracks WERE there....then everything got filled back in Thursday and Friday. Point is, there's great snow!!! Come ski it! Or go elsewhere, but anyway, shit's sweet right now! If you are coming up, give us a shout, we'll show you around if you don't know the area (not that it takes long to learn it).
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Forgot to add HAPPY FESTIVUS
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

FWIW... I am going to wash my car today instead of going skiing. (Out of town guests visiting!)

I hope you all appreciate the sacrifice... and enjoy all this new snow. I'd love to see some more pics!
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Is there anyone who'll be coming back to Saratoga or nearby from around Magic tomorrow afternoon? Trying to find a ride home for my gf so that I can ski two days without driving all over the place. PM me if you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    it really is an interesting world we all live in.

we can bitch and moan about stupid shit all we want, but where do we get with it? no where, zero, zilch.

it's so easy to forget how lucky we all are on a whole. to think we can get hurt doing something we love, yet most of the rest of the world can't even imagine eating edible food, drinking potable water, or having a place to lay their heads.

we can all bitch at each other about stupid shit, pick on each other, call each other out on meaningless shit, and cross lines from time to time.

bottom line, none of us are perfect, none of us are resistant to internal or external hurt, and none of deserve to be treated poorly, or to treat others with anything less than respect.

we are all very lucky to be here, to be healthy in one form or another, and to share the stoke that we do, as shallow and meaningless to the rest of the hurting world that our world may be.

we can all get along, can't we? we all breathe the same air and share the same space, family.

rog
    Wow Rog. Your pretty insightful for a guy from NH You keep it up and pretty soon you'll be skiing and holding hands like the hippies in VT.

Appears the thick skin of New Englanders is thinning out - maybe its the warmer winters

I was going to hit Cannon/Mittersill yesterday but called an audible as I approached the 89 split off 93 and went instead to a place called Middlebury Snow Bowl. It was pretty awesome. Anyone ever heard of it?

i shredded the gnar last night whilst chaperoning the ski club at Pats peak!

the great thing about these little hills is all the 'kinda closed but not really roped' runs do not get skied. the bigger hills that stuff is tracked out instantly. it was good fun!

cannon 2morrow

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    i shredded the gnar last night whilst chaperoning the ski club at Pats peak!

the great thing about these little hills is all the 'kinda closed but not really roped' runs do not get skied. the bigger hills that stuff is tracked out instantly. it was good fun!
    yeah, I also hit Whaleback for a couple hours on my way home from Middlebury and found plenty of freshies off the beaten path on unlit trails before it got dark. Under the lights, lots of deep chowdah on Face (the steep run under the lift, very prominent as you drive by on 89). Also some lovely patches of untracked atop the halfpipe-to-be and other big features they've started making out of snowmaking whales but have not yet finished. Odd places to find deep pow but fun all the same. Quite decent terrain for a small place, definitely exceeded expectations. And a school chaperone I rode a lift with told me that when it was dumping Wednesday, Whaleback owner Evan Dybvig sent an email to all the school ski programs telling everyone to come on down and slay pow for $10. I like that a lot.

YouTube - tele turns in chopped pow on Face, Whaleback, 1/13/2010 (unedited, pardon the little bit of extraneous material at the end)
    Last edited by monkfish; 01-15-2011 at 10:34 AM. Reason: add vid

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    hey Faggot Internet Shitdick, do not call me out, and ask if i'm 'serious' via PM. you have burned your bridge with me. fuck you and FIS. i will nevah visit that site again. go back to Joisy, biatch:the_fing
    Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    ^ i post about it because I live here and this is a conditions thread of sorts? lots of mags actually ski there. And I love the place for my wife and son and think the snow fall it has been getting is note worthy. I cannot ski yet, so yeah the place not being 3k vert does not bother me. I look forward to it being my recovery mt. Certainly gets the snow for it. Just asking you to step down to earth here and there is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    you are such a chick. post your one pic bullshit. with no info. you suck serioulsy? broken home? need attention? go fuck yourself! FIS stands for Faggot Internet Shitdicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    ^^^ hate to get in this since I know you "could give a fuck less" but we dont call out your lines. Not sure why you felt the need to call that out. For mags its fine, but a lot more then mags read this thread. Think before you feel the need to act like the vt snow guru and impact others good time. Its getting stale fast.

an underhand pitch? oh cause you wont be there with a 7k camera and its not mt washington or some other gnar? I just dont get you dude, and I dont care to. Should we all just ski gnar all the time? or else its not worth it? your insipid and snide remarks will come to an end.
    Couldn't get any of gpetrics quotes coz he edits them all

MOAR TUNAGE LESS CUNTING!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    ha! today i realized that i had essentially suffered tip dive on the gap. had i made that brilliant realization yesterday you would have been certain to ask for change...yea say hey next time.

nice vintage sabbath there

hope the knee's feeling better.
    Haha yeah, or "hood dive" perhaps? Knee is a little sore still but well worth it. First real long deep powder day since the ACL repair. Definitely catch you next time at mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Travel north isn't in the cards for me this weekend (good thing I skied Thursday!!) but I'm headed out now to hit some spots in the Fells, Breakheart Reservation, and various other parks and hills around Malden/Melrose/Medford. I'll have my phone with me if anyone is stuck in the city and wants to come play, shoot me a txt and i"ll let you know where I am! 978-27O-72O8
    Where did you end up making it to out of the city? And how long did it take? Roads looked awful out my window in Brighton.

Here some helmetcam footage from mad river on Thursday. Was an awesome day!

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Forgot to add HAPPY FESTIVUS
    I'm sure that even the most hardcore celebrants of Festivus would accept an aluminum ski pole as a substitute Festivus pole, especially for the Airing of Grievances that we have seen above.

FKNA, I am having an almost-full Multiglisse event the last few days: teleskiing at Cheap Night on Thursday; skinny skiing on untracked logging roads on vintage 70s woodies yesterday; ripping up the 4" of new cream cheese on fresh baked corduroy with the heels locked on P100s this morning at the local bump; now waiting for Ms. Multiglisse to check her Facebook and change clothes so we can go snowshoeing in the back 40. All this nine months post-op ACL surgery and my knee feels great. If I had the day off tomorrow I would be dusting off the snowboard and making it a full Multiglisse event.

Top O Page tunes, more Canadian Content, NQ Arbuckle: "Cheap Town"

Edit: Finally get the embed thing! Thank you Search Jong.
    Last edited by Mr. Multiglisse; 01-16-2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Finally able to embed video thanks to Search Jong
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

I skied in Breakheart Reservation in Saugus MA today. Couldn't imagine having more fun on snow within 15 minutes of downtown Boston!!

nashoba was off the hook today.

No kick turns
    No mercy

^^^That is definitely NOT what I remember Nashoba looking like!!

it's off the backside, drops you into the tubing park.
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Getting back to the stoke, here is Bretton Woods from Thursday:
    [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212004"]TR: When Things Actually Go Right - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

I hope many of you found the exact same thing. Enjoy!
    To those men who are born for mountains, the struggle can never end, until their lives end. To them it holds the very quintessence of living - the fiery core, after the lesser parts have been burned away.

Starve the ego, feed the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    it's off the backside, drops you into the tubing park.
    haha!! i laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    nashoba was off the hook today.

Fuck yea. if this is the same nashoba as the one i'm thinking of, this is great news.

Was at the Bush today. Pretty good conditions in places and in others, the snow was super funky (read: manmade). Castlerock skied well, but they could definitely use some more snow. It's skiing like it should have in the middle of December. Was snowing the entire afternoon, some real light fluff falling. Had at least an 1-2" on the car at the end of the day.

Anyone hit MRG today? How scrapy are things getting over there?
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Wtf, I don't check this thing for a day and no one's pulling each others hair and sissy slapping each other?

Wfa was awesome today... where's the magic stoke?

Nice pics of nashoba and "jay"!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

No pics but magic was great today. Soft chunder on the west side, sweet cord (and a some soft stuff as well) on the east. Getting a little thin in some spots on the natural trails, but plenty skiable so long as you don't wear bogner and buy volants retail.

Skiing really nice right now, if we can pick up 6-12" on this base everything is game on.

props to santaclaus who delivered NIP superbros and 916s to the hill, thanks dude!