Page 421 of 465 FirstFirst ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,525 of 11608
    jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by uppernotmaster View Post
    Will minty Red 916 Lab's work?

Edit: Whoops, meant to reply in your other thread. Sorry guys.
    Will PM you. Thanks!

Whoa. Things are getting a little quiet in here.

I'll throw this out there cause a mini gathering could be fun. The gf and I are attending the Vermont Cheesemakers festival in July.. it's at Shelburne Farms outside of Burlington. More info is here but the short of it is that it's a really well run festival with tons of awesome cheeses and other foods and drink from around the state and absolutely 100% worth the $35 ticket.

^^^

Nice find, dude!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Mmmmm cheese....

While we're at it, the previous weekend (jul15/16) is the VT brewers fest. Didn't go last year, but did go 2 years ago and it was a blast.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

VT brewers fest seems sweet. Cheese fest a tasting or are you paying $35 to go buy cheeses and beer? The website is ambiguous to me.

Would love to meet some Maggots at the VT brewers fest, but I should be balls deep in the the Regulation section of the CPA exam at that point

For last year's cheese fest, your $35 ticket got you all the cheese you could possibly eat (most of the ~40 vendors showed up with 3 or more cheeses each). Plus the other vendors were being pretty generous with their tastings...the Otter Creek/Wolaver's crew was especially nice, offering pretty generous pours for tastings for free and then filling up a pint glass for a buck or two.

Obviously if you want to bring home stuff you'll pay for it, but it got to the point last year where the gf and I were splitting cubes of cheese because we wanted to keep trying more but were running out of room in our stomachs. One of the nice things about the festival is that they cap ticket sales so that its not really all that crowded. It's also cool that a lot of the creameries weren't just sending random representatives to do the tastings. We got to talk to a lot of cheesemakers and farm hands who were just genuinely excited to have us try their creations.

i went to that cheese fest one year, it was pretty fun. i had the best grilled cheese sandwich of my life.

went camping with the fam in the catskills

we had some bacon

and some blt's

^^^

N/S Lake?

And where is that roll from, looks TASTY!

I just got so hungry

little pond, over by the beaverkill. way less crowded than n-s lake (out west closer to p-kill)
    i think they were just ciabattas from our farmers market. but the fire roasted tomatoes were the key (bacon notwithstanding)

GET IN THE VAN!

new hampshire=summer skiing.

not me, i'm in love and could give a fuck about skiing, surfing on the other hand.........

da boyz er still gettin after it. see brians pics in T4T tr below. the dood has skillz.

http://timefortuckerman.com/forums/s...813#post152813

the wind has been pushing water in towards land. the morning may not be aesthetically pleasing as far as cleanliness goes, but there should be some fun drops to be had. the gal and i will be there early............

rog

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    I just got so hungry
    x2
    I ate a PB&J for breakfast, two bananas for lunch, and got a free slice of pizza at the hotel for dinner.

More pizza in the oven.

Tucks looks pretty solid. Love the pic from the underside of the crevasse

Anyone plan on riding at Highland this week? They're open midweek now and I was considering heading up there to pop my Highland cherry.

Its gonna be a zoo up there with the Claymore challenge this weekend, but I think they're slightly rained out. Be a good chance to see some sick riders though. I'm hopefully gonna be getting up there again some Saturday in the next coming weeks. Sunday River opened this weekend and I had a blast there one day last year, hoping to get up there a handful of times. Highland = buff manmade stuff | Sunday River = awesome mountain/natural fun

super fun solo session at the rocks this morning. waist/chest w/ head high drops. pouring rain, thunder, and lightning for the 2 hours i was out. couldn't believe no one was out. folks kept pulling up to check it, but all moved on. couldn't imagine what they weren't seeing. best waves in weeks. rights/lefts, no closeouts.

i think the lightning was scaring folks off. having a very high risk tolerance has it's perks

like high avy danger days. folks stay home and the snow is always great.

keep the stoke coming y'all!

rog

Tentative plans for getting in trouble on the Cathance tomorrow. Probably low water, hopefully some fun surfing and drops, and possibly some log extraction.

That campfire bacon looks delicious. Too bad I can't order bacon for my resupplies for the 3 week sea kayaking trip I'm leading. At least we can get burgers and sausages once a week.

I think I live in paradise...
    Winter was awesome.
    Spring was awesome.
    Now early summer with nice cool temps and a bit a rain here and there are keeping water temps down and local folks have been slamming big fish. 2 in the 20 inch plus range this weekend, one Brown, one Bow.
    Big fish in small rivers is the shit.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BigBow.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	231.8 KB 
ID:	98117

I agree these cool night time temps have been helping us, although I saw 2 people with Mass plates catching big fish also.....

that BLT is the shnizz!
    went over to Magic today. hooked up with DW and 'makimono'. work got done. the new glade is going to rawk. y'all will need to finish yer turns on that bad boy. fkna steep!
    couple of phone shots

heading to Ascutney to ride tomorrow. there is a group meeting at the Brownsville General Store at 9:30 woot!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    I agree these cool night time temps have been helping us, although I saw 2 people with Mass plates catching big fish also.....
    Certainly didn't mean to imply the action was limited to the local folks....I've seen some nice 'Nooski photos on StreamandBrook, as well as a nice Brookie from Furnace I think. Never see them over this way.

Couple more from today @ Magic

I'm thinking a Magic pass wouldn't be such a bad idea. $125 for a college pass is a pretty good deal to me.

Paddling the Woodhull tomorrow, either rafting or kayaking the Gorge Thursday, who knows for Friday. This time, I'll remember to put on sunscreen. My shoulders are beyond peeling. I'd call it shedding.

Is it normal to have scars from a sunburn?

No bacon, though I picked up a hundo of lamb sausage from Sterling Valley Farm at the farmers market.
    Nice to see the weather clearing, the MTB riding has been a bit sloppy this week.

A few more pics from My trip west.

Around here complaints arise from a few windmills. This is only a few of the 4000+- in this valley

Visited my friends the Schiblis in Palm Desert

Lots of nice cars around here, not 1 but 2 Bentleys at the Mexican restaurant, Don Diegos has some of the best Mexican food I have ever had.

Granite loving lizard

Unusually hazy for this time of the year

Stopped at a "cowboy" library

Watched some Pelicans fish in Santa Barbara

Hope everyone enjoys the sun this week

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    I'm thinking a Magic pass would be a great idea. $125 for a college pass is a pretty awesome deal to me.
    Fixed it for ya.

Pretty stoked to get back up there and see how much progress DW, Buttah & Makimoto made yesterday - that glade is going to be amazing.

A Magic pass for $!25 is a screaming deal.

Think of the skiing as a bonus to an entire season of sick photographs from PJ09 of yourself shredding pow and ripping all of the new airs. The new glades are looking sick, thanks for the update Buttah.

VTF - you got both things we're missing here, a nice desert and decent mexican food. Are the windmills right next to the runway in SLC?