Page 341 of 465 FirstFirst ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 11608
    Quote Originally Posted by nihiles View Post
    RADAM, ML from the field wednesday and the reports today belleayre over platts. bellayre is reporting 6inches and platts ZERO???? NICCA was at platts on sunday and said it was slush and melting fast. based on that he was expecting much less snow at belleayre than we found. thats my beta. the TR from wednesday is up so you can gauge yourself.

TR screw pics heres VIDS of low angle hardwoods!! belleayre slack and side

PETRICS the title is for you.

idk you guys to be big drinkers but cathedral glen has got to be hands down the best and safest glade to cruise drunk in. there so much fudge room that sloppy and lazy riding is not punished with severity sans of forgetting your direction and getting lost...
    Only jongs don't realize that Plattekill gets a D- for updating their snow report on days they aren't open, especially in a freak circumstance where they aren't pumping a possible Powder Daize. And why would Plattekill be melting faster than Belleayre on Sunday?

Regardless, I have no doubt that THE GUY THAT RESCUED DUMPSTER SKIS DESTINED FOR ULLRS FIRE would be the last guy in the woods at either place.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

^^^^Droped my Frame off in Btown for a sandblast, inpection, and new PowderCoat of "purple starlite". Sold my Dual Sport Moto and spent the cash on New Wheels, Brakes, Forks rebuild, Bar, tires, Pedals and Shoes....and a new CreekBoat. Ready for spring. Where you going to ride?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    TC - You can't ride a bike from your injury or is it something else keeping you from riding? I'm confused, never heard of anyone being able to ski before biking! Or is it just that the consequence of falling is too great?
    Yeah it's a strange situation and mOst frustrating part. My leg won't bend past 85 degrees. You need 95+ to ride a bike at the very least. It's bone on bone at 85. That's why I can't really bend them for steep terrain, hence why I am relegated to flatter terrain. Leg just stops and spring me forward if I really crank a turn. Bizarre and unnerving at times.

Anyone planning on driving the Kancamagus between Lincoln and Conway anytime soon? I'd greatly appreciate some roadside photo recon on Osceola if its not too much to ask. I haven't seen it since early Jan. A six pack would be owed for such a favor. I'm looking into the main dog leg down the north face. I know its icy...its always sporting some gnarly bulges. I wouldn't be able to hit it until next weekend at the earliest, but would like a chance to see if its do-able or not before I do my last long drive for another month. Recon on the other "four/two (however you want to classify the split)" north facing slides on the western side would also be greatly appreciated.
    To those men who are born for mountains, the struggle can never end, until their lives end. To them it holds the very quintessence of living - the fiery core, after the lesser parts have been burned away.

Starve the ego, feed the soul.

Heading to Poconos (first time!) for Bachelor/Bachelorette party today. Any suggestions on where I might ski without riding lifts? Blue Knob is closed. Anyone know if they have some coverage left? Will they care if I skin?

If I do buy a lift ticket, where should I go?

Thanks

So with the new data coming in form NIHILES whats gonna be the call.......Bellerye or platts for Sat.????? either place could be over run with maggots......
    always forward but never straight

ISBD..camelback is open from 9 unil 430..found that out yesterday after work and as for skinning i am not sure who and who will not break balls......i think JF/bb maybe closed and misght be able to skin there......i know they got hit with snow...MOUGHOUL was just up there yesterday at CB........as for lift tickets ...camelback is open for sure

Camelback and Elk are it...and you ain't skinning

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Heading to Poconos (first time!) for Bachelor/Bachelorette party today. Any suggestions on where I might ski without riding lifts? Blue Knob is closed. Anyone know if they have some coverage left? Will they care if I skin?

If I do buy a lift ticket, where should I go?

Thanks
    Camelback and Elk are your only options. I was up last week and there was nothing (I mean NOTHING) off the groomers. The 1' or so (Camelback is reporting 14"-18", but I doubt it) isn't really enough to go off the groomers.

BUT: Fri-Sun = $25.00 lift tix at Camelback. I'll be there w/ 6yr old in tow (Red Norrona shell).

-Smarty

^mtnbiker/boarder: i'm grabbing a recording of the tower further show for you as i type.

^^ NIHILES : belleayre reported 6" last 48 hrs - to platt's 5"

fwiw Platt is free this weekend to anyone with another mtn's season pass.

as for the safe glades thing, i thought one was supposed to drink MORE in the more technical trees...a little fire water to drown lingering feelings of fear

currently torn between platt, magic and midd...hickory hasn't updated their site since monday's snowfall so not sure whet they got since then...plus it's harder to drink/eat on a poma

fuk: mammoth got another 44"!

44" of pure white gold....Bucket will call tonight to discuss options...self medication for the trees is a must...helps with the "not really sure about this" saying and then when its your turn...just go go go.......it works.....

Smarty...you are correct not much off the trials but Moughoel hit me with a text that it was worth it to ski .....14 to 18 inches reported ..they must do there totals like JAY.......cut it in half.....what days will you be there or both???

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    ^mtnbiker/boarder: i'm grabbing a recording of the tower further show for you as i type.
    Got one for me too? Thanx

bucket (and others)... Hickory didn't report anything after Monday's snow, and FWIW, neither did Gore. Since we got nothing here, either, I'd be surprised if they picked up any more than a freak dusting.

If we can get a Platty mini going for Saturday, that might be the ticket. I had a blast when we hit it in early January, could be fun this go around, too.

Quote Originally Posted by RolnThunder View Post
    Anyone planning on driving the Kancamagus between Lincoln and Conway anytime soon? I'd greatly appreciate some roadside photo recon on Osceola if its not too much to ask. I haven't seen it since early Jan. A six pack would be owed for such a favor. I'm looking into the main dog leg down the north face. I know its icy...its always sporting some gnarly bulges. I wouldn't be able to hit it until next weekend at the earliest, but would like a chance to see if its do-able or not before I do my last long drive for another month. Recon on the other "four/two (however you want to classify the split)" north facing slides on the western side would also be greatly appreciated.
    Be careful out there. We've had an upside down snowpack here in the Whites for awhile and probably not going to get much better until we get some warm weather and/or (dare I say it) ra*n! But that is just my ultra conservative philosophy. Good luck.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    bucket (and others)... Hickory didn't report anything after Monday's snow, and FWIW, neither did Gore. Since we got nothing here, either, I'd be surprised if they picked up any more than a freak dusting.

If we can get a Platty mini going for Saturday, that might be the ticket. I had a blast when we hit it in early January, could be fun this go around, too.
    I'm there. I think that it's going to be pretty fast though with a high of 28, and the 10-12" from the two storms consolidated into just a few over the glacial refrozen stuff underneath. If you guys bring touring gear we could check something out nearby if we get bored.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Be careful out there. We've had an upside down snowpack here in the Whites for awhile and probably not going to get much better until we get some warm weather and/or (dare I say it) ra*n! But that is just my ultra conservative philosophy. Good luck.
    Thanks for the heads up. I guess I was hoping the previous warm-up (despite the northern aspect) would have helped with that fact. If I recall, it hit 60 degrees there for a few days in the Lincoln area (granted thats around 1000 ft). I've always felt a little reserved with Osceola. There are just a lot of factors to consider (avalanche, ice vs snow coverage, frozen waterfalls, exposure, etc). Hoping a few pictures would give me an idea of coverage, recent avalanche activity, etc. If it doesn't happen this year, it doesn't happen. I'd much rather continue skiing other slides for years to come than risking it on just one.
    To those men who are born for mountains, the struggle can never end, until their lives end. To them it holds the very quintessence of living - the fiery core, after the lesser parts have been burned away.

Starve the ego, feed the soul.

Ride share Portland to Saddleback 3/26

Not going to Baxter, not going to MW, so I am going to burn my voucher for Saddleback tomorrow. If anyone wants to ride share, I am leaving from Portland. I will check back later today and first thing tomorrow am.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Not going to Baxter, not going to MW, so I am going to burn my voucher for Saddleback tomorrow. If anyone wants to ride share, I am leaving from Portland. I will check back later today and first thing tomorrow am.
    Smart choice. Bummer about the plans but smart choice.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Does anyone want a clean but quasi useless "0 degree" sleeping bag? It was a walmart special, bought in a pinch to replace a beat down bag that has since provided me cold nights in the Catskills for October snow, May Mount Washington*, April in Colorado at 12K, and a few floors etc thrown in here and there.

Let me know if you could use something for the kids, and not in winter.

*I was actually pretty warm that night with a liner.

edit to add: this is a freebie

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    Anyone want to wager a guess at how the trees will ski at Platty tomorrow? Having a hard time deciding between there and Magic for tomorrow (and maybe Hickory, who knows... so indecisive), but I'd really like to get some more tree skiing in this season so that's factoring in pretty heavily.
    They could be alright? Im game to try them out. Maybe not frist chair but by late morn I bet theyll be alright. Platty is in my target for tomm.

ml, the gf could maybe use that sleeping bag. If I can convince her to come to platty with me tomorrow, we'll be there to take it off your hands in exchange for a beer or two.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Yeah it's a strange situation and mOst frustrating part. My leg won't bend past 85 degrees. You need 95+ to ride a bike at the very least. It's bone on bone at 85. That's why I can't really bend them for steep terrain, hence why I am relegated to flatter terrain. Leg just stops and spring me forward if I really crank a turn. Bizarre and unnerving at times.
    Apologies for the drift, but since skiing with you and talking about this, would a customized crank (I know how you have dreamed of a customized crank ) allow for the limited ROM issue. You might be stuck with a single speed, but it might work. I don't know shit about bikes other than putting air in the tires and throwin em when they go to shit 10 miles from your car, just a thought.

reseach ski on SW slopes = punchy crust for anyone over 200lbs with sugar snow
    NW slopes = boot top, cruise control pow skiing

^^^ that has been suggested by a few friends. I am definitely going to give a try. Yeah fast riding and technical stuff would be out. But wide flattish single track may work. Problem is the incongruent bending as well and the ability to crank fast as a result.

Hope this upslope freshens things. been squalling all day, starting to add up up higher.

TC lemme know if I can help. I bet I have some parts in the box at home that we can use to try to figure it out.

Just checked Hickory's web site. $25 tickets for Saturday!! I was already going up there, now it's $20 cheaper. Sunday is still open to a decision, probably based on what my non-mag buddy wants to do since he gets out less, but maybe platty.
    If it's too loud, you're too old

high above the danger
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz