Page 436 of 465 FirstFirst ... 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... LastLast
Results 10,876 to 10,900 of 11608
    Sweet news boys and girls - I got the job! Start Monday! Finally hung up the tree spikes and shovel and joined the "professional" world. The xtreme makeover is complete. Now a sales weasel for a med device supply company. Luckily no suits! Biz casual. Territory is ME, NH, VT. I will be bringing the bike and skis daily and looking to hook up with you maggots! FKNA it feels good!
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    ^^^I've been jonesing for Ullrfest. Last year was the first time I ever attended and had the best ski season of my life. Can't be a coincidence. I do vote for September though, Ullrfest when its 95 out would be teh suck.
    Agreed. September. Look forward to participating this year for sure! It's going to dump!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    The original plan was that today was supposed to Day 3 of my final four-day volcano ski trip of the season.
    But sometimes plans don't go quite according to plan:
    http://www.wildsnow.com/5508/melvin-...hefftz-eulogy/
    Hey Jonathan, I send my sincere condolences to you and your family. Lost my mother four years ago this July and it has been a tough road. Thoughts and prayers to you and yours! Great tribute to your Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Highly unlikely... it never makes it and this year, I'm thinking Ullrfest should be in August.

LETS GET THIS SEASON STARTED EARLY!!!

No no, see, we LIKE the cold and rain....it's the perfect sacrifice for Ullr. Just look at what it did for this past season!
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    No no, see, we LIKE the cold and rain....it's the perfect sacrifice for Ullr. Just look at what it did for this past season!
    ^^this. Everyone know that cold & rain is followed by snow!

(wtf is jerry wearing, red?!?!)

trouble ahead;Jerry in Red! i like LSD i split a dose of ultra clean 'brown' paper with a buddy at Phish in June. it's still fun! i caught every show on the '86 spring tour. first and only time i did a complete tour. 13 shows, dosed at each one. it was almost a month before i could read
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Everyone know that cold & rain is followed by snow!
    or (usually) preceded!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    13 shows, dosed at each one. it was almost a month before i could read
    wow....

this picture was hard to get:
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Fuck yeah!

The Drunkest States in America

http://www.mainstreet.com/slideshow/...bref=obnetwork

The Drunkest State: New Hampshire

New Hampshire is a drinker’s paradise. It has the highest per capita sales of beer and spirits on our list, and it’s largely because of one reason: The state does not have a tax on its alcohol. So people in and out of state flock to its liquor stores for cheaper booze. Yet New Hampshire has managed to turn a vice into a virtue. According to the Wall Street Journal, the state “derives more revenue from wine and liquor sales than any other non-tax source.” Congratulations, New Hampshire, you’re the booziest state in the nation.

Total Alcohol Consumed: 48.7 gallons per person

Beer: 309.3 cans per person

Wine: 29.4 bottles per person

Spirits: 4.3 gallons per person

(Nice pictures BF. Be careful out there.)

it's a WIN/WIN! live, work, drink, and of course, ski in nh and own property and landlord in mass for the low property taxes and higher rental income. LOVE NH WOOT!!!

rog

greg sweet pic~!!

anyone want to ride somewhere in the stowe area tomorrow? I have all day off, pretty much game for anything and do not tire easily.

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Fuck yeah!

The Drunkest States in America

http://www.mainstreet.com/slideshow/...bref=obnetwork

The Drunkest State: New Hampshire

New Hampshire is a drinker’s paradise. It has the highest per capita sales of beer and spirits on our list, and it’s largely because of one reason: The state does not have a tax on its alcohol. So people in and out of state flock to its liquor stores for cheaper booze. Yet New Hampshire has managed to turn a vice into a virtue. According to the Wall Street Journal, the state “derives more revenue from wine and liquor sales than any other non-tax source.” Congratulations, New Hampshire, you’re the booziest state in the nation.

Total Alcohol Consumed: 48.7 gallons per person

Beer: 309.3 cans per person

Wine: 29.4 bottles per person

Spirits: 4.3 gallons per person

(Nice pictures BF. Be careful out there.)
    well it used to be wussconson, but then I moved here 5 years ago. You're all welcome :P

I could deal with an earlier Ullrfest, I had my first ski dream of the 2011 season the other night and it involved me shredding someones steep backyard on about 6 inches of snow and then looking up at my turns and thinking "It can only get better from here!" I did get to huck a cool retaining wall though.

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

DREAM COME TRUE

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    I could deal with an earlier Ullrfest, I had my first ski dream of the 2011 season the other night and it involved me shredding someones steep backyard on about 6 inches of snow and then looking up at my turns and thinking "It can only get better from here!" I did get to huck a cool retaining wall though.
    love the dream ml. poaching backyards on my 60mm waxless xc skis is one of my fave things to do on my way to work. this perfectly pitched gem always serves up the goods and is a nice reprieve from my one hour of power xc torture hill loop. oh and you should see the glades we gardened...........

fat skis and rocker? shit, you don't need that shit for skiing pow! pow is like skiing with fucking training wheels onit's true. get in it with skinnies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkBmDPiaNu4

stay cool y'all!

back to portland to megawrench on bikes today.

rog

Oh man, so many posts that should be responded to in the last page or so...

neufox - The Gathering of The Vibes. 4 day music fest on the coast in Bridgeport CT. Good stuff.

JGB - Do it! I'll be with the wife and kidz under the trees at the back of the field. Just far enough forward of the vendor tents that I can't hear their white noise but still in the shade.

I was at that 7/4/86 show. Fuggin hot, humid, sweaty day! Lasting memory of the day is this little cutie with a spray bottle and a devilish grin wandering around and spraying people with "water" that wasn't just water. My buddy tripped for at least 24 hours and I was so wasted we were still in the parking lot at 8am the next day because I couldn't drive.

NH = rookies Only 309 beers per person. Meh...

"pow is like skiing with fucking training wheels on" Woot!! Go Rog

Jon S - Condolences and vibes.

Lynchdogger - Congrats! What kind of med devices?

Whats up guys? New here but I've been checking out this thread for a while for the EC stoke, and you guys deliver. I'll have to try and post up some MTB stoke myself when it cools down a bit, although after seeing the last page all I wanna do it jump in a quarry and try to outdo you NH's on the beer drinking. 309 a year, thats not even one a day, c'mon now!

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post

Sweet dream...

I was joshing about an August Ullrfest. Somehow, that just seems wrong. As several said, we need to wait for the coldest, wettest, most miserable weekend of the year to have it... usually October. Or we could shoot for a slightly earlier time this year, and do it in September? Not that it wasn't a great time, with 4 inches of rain, but it might be nice to enjoy being outside.

Condolences to Jon and family, too.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post

Lynchdogger - Congrats! What kind of med devices?
    Thanks! Diabetic supply company - bg meters, test trips, insulin pumps, etc. My oldest daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when she was 2 years old. She is now 11 and doing great. Because of that this will be a very rewarding gig!

hard to believe it's even possible to shiver on a day like today...
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

I wish I was shivering today...

On the way home from work today... Damnit VT.

It actually hit and held 101° for a bit...

Now it's a chilly 96° at my humble abode... That's way too hot. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Really hoping my car says something less than 95, I'm about to leave work to go on a ride in the woods. It surprisingly cooled down a ton last night, hopefully the same happens today. Nice and slow is gonna be the way to go.

nice work lynchy! good luck.

i'm sure this has been posted in tgr before, but this is just awesome. sage mtn biking...vid quality is low but it really doesn't matter.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sagePers.../0/wAqt141eJAU

still great video its amaizng how far helmet cams have come in a couple of years.

stowe town loops video TR.

jgb@etree Guest
    That was pretty awesome. Watching that makes me want to get a bike. Looks like fun as they're mostly going downhill & don't have to pedal much.

So how do they get to the top in the first place? Helicopter?

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    nice work lynchy! good luck.

i'm sure this has been posted in tgr before, but this is just awesome. sage mtn biking...vid quality is low but it really doesn't matter.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sagePers.../0/wAqt141eJAU
    Thanks strawjack! Sweet video. Several no fall zones throughout that decent. I need a new bike, hmmm ...?

Great bike stoke, all!

Attempted to ride yesterday, bad move, too damn hot.

From last weekend.

Followed by this:

Moo Thunder Stout in the background was the creamiest most delicious stout my lips have touched. I highly recommend if you are into that type of beverage.