Check Out Our Shop
Page 235 of 465 FirstFirst ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,875 of 11608
    Any beta on the T-Bar Saloon near plattekill? May opt to get a room vs. car camping. Hazmat suit?
    Silent....but shredly.

Fuuuuuuuuck, Magic sounds like it will be going off tomorrow!

Wait, I guess that would be stating the obvious.

Just to be clear with everybody...tomorrow it will be the storm day...heaviest stuff will roll in sometime in the AM and really start to go bonkers in the afternoon. Thursday will be clearing....worst time to drive will be without a doubt wednesday afternoon.

thanks guys, would be great to see you all! done a few mellow tours, but have not skied anything like what magic has to offer. Going to be interesting and informative.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Has anybody heard from BB that they are going to open tomorrow at Magic?
    Yes, and yes.

Lionel... You thinking precip will be later than most of the forecasts are putting it? Seems like everyone is saying the biggest shot of heavy snow for VT will be tomorrow AM with it winding down to light snow by late afternoon...

I'm trying to decide when to rally the troops for this.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    thanks guys, would be great to see you all! done a few mellow tours, but have not skied anything like what magic has to offer. Going to be interesting and informative.
    Just take it easy and play it safe. Don't let yourself get carried away by powdrenaline and ski beyond your comfort level.

And have fun at Magic everyone. I'll be at MRG most likely. Probably gonna try and leave late tomorrow night, sleep a few hours in the car, then get in the single line EARLY on thursday. I suspect I won't be alone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

Soooo, if you could only ski till noonish wed or turs, thurs might be the better bet? Arrrrg, can't decide! Tomorrow am will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    Going to do everything in my power to leave Wednesday afternoon for Magic. Expecting it to take me double the normal time from CT. AWD and snow tires and hoping for no clearance issues. Sticking to major roads.

Currently sleeting here in New Haven. Ugh.
    If you're skiing Thursday rather than Wednesday, wouldn't you be about 10x better off leaving real early Thursday morning? Snow is supposed to stop Wednesday evening and then the plows would have all night to do their work?

Just trying to think out / plan my own assault on somewhere north of Boston for Thursday. Things are going to be too crappy today / tomorrow in the city to get out (and give up my snow emergency parking spot).

Quote Originally Posted by BigAirSkier1580 View Post
    Lionel... You thinking precip will be later than most of the forecasts are putting it? Seems like everyone is saying the biggest shot of heavy snow for VT will be tomorrow AM with it winding down to light snow by late afternoon...

I'm trying to decide when to rally the troops for this.
    I don't know which forecasts you are referring to. Snow moves in at 12z (7 am) and really ticks up in intensity between 11 am and 2 pm. Slowly begins to lighten from 2-7 pm. Still snowing in the evening. My point re. the afternoon is that 11-2 is what I call the afternoon. Driving after that will be hell as roads will be covered and I doubt plows will have been able to keep up in So. VT.

Quote Originally Posted by theskiman View Post
    Things are going to be too crappy today / tomorrow in the city to get out (and give up my snow emergency parking spot).
    Man, your priorities are all out of whack.

Not to get ahead of ourselves or anything, but...

"LONG TERM /THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY/...
    AS OF 231 AM EST TUESDAY...EXTENDED FORECAST PERIOD SHOULD BEGIN TRANQUIL WITH SFC RIDGE IN PLACE ACROSS THE NORTH COUNTRY PROVIDING LIGHT WINDS AND TEMPERATURES NEAR SEASONAL AVERAGES THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY. 500MB FLOW PATTERN IS GRADUALLY TRANSITIONING FROM NW FLOW TO SW FLOW AS WE MOVE THRU FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY. THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO A DEEP MERIDIONAL UPR TROUGH EXPECTED TO BE ACROSS THE CENTRAL PLAINS FRIDAY NIGHT AND MOVING INTO THE OHIO/TN RIVER VALLEYS DURING THE DAY SATURDAY. THIS STRONG UPR WAVE WILL INDUCE SFC CYCLOGENESIS NEAR THE MID-ATLANTIC REGION SATURDAY MORNING. THIS SYSTEM WILL BRING THE POTENTIAL FOR
    SIGNIFICANT QPF TO THE NORTH COUNTRY LATE SATURDAY THRU SATURDAY NIGHT. THERE HAS BEEN A TREND FOR MOST OF THE NWP GUIDANCE TO TREND FURTHER NORTH AND WEST WITH THE SUBSEQUENT LOW TRACK LATE SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT. THE 00Z ECMWF IS NOW THE FURTHEST WEST...WITH A LOW TRACK ACROSS CENTRAL NEW ENGLAND WHICH WOULD YIELD A WINTRY MIX ACROSS MUCH OF THE NORTH COUNTRY. THE 00Z OPERATIONAL GFS IS NOW INSIDE THE BENCHMARK WITH SFC LOW PASSING NEAR CAPE COD AND THE ISLANDS AROUND 00Z SUNDAY AND THERMAL PROFILES FAVORABLE FOR ALL SNOW ACROSS THE NORTH COUNTRY. THE 00Z GFS ENSEMBLE MEAN REMAINS CLOSE TO THE 40N 70W BENCHMARK AT 06Z SUNDAY. OVERALL...CONFIDENCE IS INCREASING THAT THE STORM SYSTEM
    WILL IMPACT OUR AREA...AND HAVE INCLUDED SOME POPS CLOSE TO 60 PERCENT FOR S-CENTRAL VT LATE SATURDAY AND 40-50 PERCENT
    ELSEWHERE. WILL ALSO INCLUDE A CHANCE OF SLEET FOR ERN HALF OF THE FORECAST AREA KEEPING THE ECMWF SOLN IN MIND AND THE OVERALL WRN TREND NOTED IN THE 00Z NWP GUIDANCE SUITE RAISED TEMPS A BIT ABOVE MEX-MOS WITH HIGHS NEAR FREEZING SATURDAY. UPR FLOW PATTERN REMAINS PROGRESSIVE IN THE WAKE OF THIS SYSTEM SUNDAY INTO MONDAY. HAVE INCLUDED A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS WITH TEMPERATURES REMAINING SOMEWHAT ABOVE SEASONAL LEVELS ON SUN/MON"
    -Burlington NWS

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski2 View Post
    Soooo, if you could only ski till noonish wed or turs, thurs might be the better bet? Arrrrg, can't decide! Tomorrow am will tell.
    If noon is cut off I would vote thurs hands down, its gonna puke tomorrow, why ski boot top deep when you can ski knee deep - B, you know the wind will redeposit and make for a clean canvas on Thurs- and still be snowin.

Heading up this afternoon to friend's house in Ludlow, will also finally be popping my Magic cherry tomorrow and Thursday. So fucking amped up right now.....

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom-tele View Post
    If noon is cut off I would vote thurs hands down, its gonna puke tomorrow, why ski boot top deep when you can ski knee deep - B, you know the wind will redeposit and make for a clean canvas on Thurs- and still be snowin.
    Me thinks you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    yea, good meeting/skiing with you captain (and you too D'back).

Props to Anal (and sorry i forget your friends name again) for completely ripping red line with big air/hot landing aplomb. Sorry but I don't buy the story that you both all do your skiing in the flat central ny...you two looked way too comfortable taming the drops!

Great couple of days at Magic! Should be downright ridiculous soon.
    Thanks dude, had a great time skiing with you... your enthusiasm is infectious.

Friend's name is Beecher... some of you guys met him at Ullr Fest.

Wish I could make it back out to Magic for this storm, but it's just not in the cards this time.

dumpy:

Holy shit, nuking in Ithaca right now. Working a long ass day today, blowing off work tomorrow. Depending on where the snow/sleet line is, I'll be at Greek or Lab and loving life, despite this bitch of a cold I got rocking.
    I'll be at Lab tomorrow night.
    Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinista View Post
    Magic tomorrow, bell to bell! Look for MoShips and Langes.
    We won't be able to see them! That's a great thing!!!
    The Passion is in the Risk

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary
    holy crap i got alot of pages to catch up on...
    anyway, got two vouchers for $25 lift at hunter for friday. free. pm me if you want em. or use em to lure people away from your stash
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

Quote Originally Posted by alpinista View Post
    Man, your priorities are all out of whack.
    I've got confidence in my Suby but no confidence in other people not hitting me during the 5 hours it'll take me to get anywhere. And I don't have the cash to crash anywhere overnight. I'll wait for Thursday.

And winning the parking battle is a legit priority during a "snow emergency."

Quote Originally Posted by theskiman View Post
    And winning the parking battle is a legit priority during a "snow emergency."
    Damn right. People in Boston might as well guard their shoveled out parking spots with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    Props to Anal (and sorry i forget your friends name again) for completely ripping red line with big air/hot landing aplomb. Sorry but I don't buy the story that you both all do your skiing in the flat central ny...you two looked way too comfortable taming the drops!
    The headwall on Badger (a glorified bunny slope) is a great loooo0ng air trainer. I suspect the Captain has launched off that thing more than a few times.

CNY may not have much in the way of vertical drop, but skiers here learn to take advantage the terrain we have and just make more runs! Plus we get almost the double the season of you VT/NH folks, because we go at night too

Captain, if schools actually stay open, then I need to be at Greek at night so I can help the wife w/ ski club. Otherwise I'll stick w/ wherever I am, be it Lab or Greek. Black jacket, black pants, blue helmet, Scott Missions with a now, e Living sticker. Oh yeah aqua boxers, black socks, DIN set at 8.5. Ask for change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    The headwall on Badger (a glorified bunny slope) is a great loooo0ng air trainer. I suspect the Captain has launched off that thing more than a few times.
    I can thank that headwall for my first ACL tear. Launching off that thing isn't much fun when you land on the flat part at the bottom.

Captain, if schools actually stay open, then I need to be at Greek at night so I can help the wife w/ ski club. Otherwise I'll stick w/ wherever I am, be it Lab or Greek. Black jacket, black pants, blue helmet, Scott Missions with a now, e Living sticker. Oh yeah aqua boxers, black socks, DIN set at 8.5. Ask for change.
    Alrighty. Maybe I'll see you, maybe I won't. I bet school groups will cancel though.

Also, you can't send shit when your din is only 8.5
    Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeghoul View Post
    May head up to Plattekill for Thurs/Fri, anyone going?
    getting things in place for me to be there first chair on friday. they will probably open for a powder day tomorrow though, its going off:

Already puking in Lakes Region NH. Heading to Cannon tomorrow for free refills then continuing north for Jay Thursday AM and possibly the weekend....in other words I'm going to ski my face off.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Anal View Post
    I can thank that headwall for my first ACL tear. Launching off that thing isn't much fun when you land on the flat part at the bottom.
    It's been a few years, but IIRC if your hitting the flats- you are REALLY sending it, length wise at least. By the time it gets flat aren't you basically at the stunt ditch?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Anal View Post
    Alrighty. Maybe I'll see you, maybe I won't. I bet school groups will cancel though.

Also, you can't send shit when your din is only 8.5
    I got a feeling schools will be closed tomorrow. My choice of mountain in the day comes down to the snow/sleet line. Right now it looks like Lab will be in the snow, Greek the sleet.

8.5 does me just fine there, fat boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.