Page 409 of 465 FirstFirst ... 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,225 of 11608
    Quote Originally Posted by Moeghoul View Post
    Been looking at listings for VT properties. This one piqued my interest. Anyone familiar with price/location up there, tell me what you think. Priced right? offer 215,000?

http://www.hickokandboardman.com/rea...tml?searchID=0
    Ha although we have an offer in on a place in westford we are going to look at this same place on wednesday. This is our realtors friend's house or so he says. I will let you know how it looks. But yeah we are definitely coming in low on offers. Lots of houses been on the market for a long time up there. That being said we stayed low on an offer on another place in cambridge on des jardin rd. and sadly got out bidded and the house already closed. That area you get a considerable amount more for your money then on the 7 corridor or 89. But 15, 128, 104 get serious traffic and drive times to burlington during rush hour can be brutal. You dont have any kids and are not commuting as far as I know so I guess thats not a concern. But for resale its something to think about. The velocity of sales out there is a lot slower. The school system is not as strong compared to closer places like westford, richmond, jericho, underhill, essex, something else to think about.

Too much water in the last few posts, especially for my cousin living downstream from Lake Champlain in St-Jean-sous-Richelieu. His house has been surrounded by water for the last 4 weeks (no kidding). Worst flooding ever (more than 150 years). 3000 houses have been flooded for weeks and water is again at it's high point for the 3 times. He's been there for 15 years and has never had any flooding.

So I'll add a bit of white...white that didn't melt and end up at his house. Maine White. Sunday three weeks ago, Sugarloaf one day before closing.

TR is here:
    Sugarloaf ME, May 8 2011 : First the Corn then the Butter!!!
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2011/...en-the-butter/

Pics by Lucky.

Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by MadPatSki View Post
    Too much water in the last few posts, especially for my cousin living downstream from Lake Champlain in St-Jean-sous-Richelieu. His house has been surrounded by water for the last 4 weeks (no kidding). Worst flooding ever (more than 150 years). 3000 houses have been flooded for weeks and water is again at it's high point for the 3 times. He's been there for 15 years and has never had any flooding.

So I'll add a bit of white...white that didn't melt and end up at his house. Maine White. Sunday three weeks ago, Sugarloaf one day before closing.

TR is here:
    Sugarloaf ME, May 8 2011 : First the Corn then the Butter!!!
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2011/...en-the-butter/

Pics by Lucky.
    That sir, is what I am TALKING ABOUT! Great reminder of the season that was...

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Great reminder of the season that was...
    I should have a few upcoming turns to milk out the season...the ski season is NEVER over, it just involves going further and working harder.
    Ski Mad World

LOAF STOKE!

NO PLACE LIKE IT!

way to get the loaf patrick! def my fave lift served terrain around here.

drew, austin and i will be at tux tomorrow to ski and party in the deep corn. i'll be surfing dawn patrol before heading up for a little SURF N TURF day.

say a prayer for those that served our country and died so that we could enjoy what it is that we do!

rog
    Last edited by icelanticskier; 05-29-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Ha although we have an offer in on a place in westford we are going to look at this same place on wednesday. This is our realtors friend's house or so he says. I will let you know how it looks. But yeah we are definitely coming in low on offers. Lots of houses been on the market for a long time up there. That being said we stayed low on an offer on another place in cambridge on des jardin rd. and sadly got out bidded and the house already closed. That area you get a considerable amount more for your money then on the 7 corridor or 89. But 15, 128, 104 get serious traffic and drive times to burlington during rush hour can be brutal. You dont have any kids and are not commuting as far as I know so I guess thats not a concern. But for resale its something to think about. The velocity of sales out there is a lot slower. The school system is not as strong compared to closer places like westford, richmond, jericho, underhill, essex, something else to think about.
    Sorry to hear the bid fell short, is that the place you found on CL? Let me know what you think about 80 Smuggs Loop, I like the separate mominlaw suite set up, but it has no garage/shop although I guess that could be built if permissible. I can't tell if that's in an HOA neighborhood, I prefer to avoid those. I've been checking out some listings over around Morrisville and West Fairlee, saw a few that had what I'm looking for more or less. Resale/commuting/schools to me isn't a huge issue, all I need is a phone and hispeed internet. Medical facility within 15-20 minutes is important. I plan to stay put at least 5 years or longer, we pretty much hate moving. (Still living in our "starter home" for 19 years).
    Silent....but shredly.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    NO PLACE LIKE IT!

way to get the loaf patrick! def my fave lift served terrain around here.
    Always super stoked to ski Loaf in the Spring (or any other time). Biggest day (for me) in two whole season. A great to end my lift served season (in the East?). Check the rest of the TR (link above) with some more pics. Definitely an awesome day.

Looking into combining some stuff in MTL and June turns. A really long drive and stay in Canada or not so long drive and get weird looks crossing the border, that is the question.
    Last edited by MadPatSki; 05-29-2011 at 08:16 PM.
    Ski Mad World

Always super stoked to ski Loaf in the Spring (or any other time). Biggest day (for me) in two whole season. A great to end my lift served season (in the East?). Check the rest of the TR (link above) with some pics. Definitely an awesome day.

Looking into combining some stuff in MTL and June turns. A really long drive and stay in Canada or not so long drive and get weird looks crossing the border, that is the question.
    just read full report! nice! ya, the loaf preserves the snow like no other. even when mt washington is soft corn from t2b, the loaf can be frozen solid. it is just that much further north. that t-bar line is the shit and was so amazing last year at the end of april/early may. ripped down that thing a few times with radio ron. it def kept him on his toes and in the backseat!

keep on keepin on, patrick!

rog

^^ nice pics madpat...i can almost feel that corn!

alas no more snow for me this spring, but a good slog, ride and dip today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5r.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	283.7 KB 
ID:	97625   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8r.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	305.5 KB 
ID:	97626   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4r.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	206.6 KB 
ID:	97627   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10r.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	262.8 KB 
ID:	97628  

...never made it to K after they closed, so a couple of how i will remember superstar (april 30)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.2-1R.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	171.3 KB 
ID:	97629   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-3r.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	175.8 KB 
ID:	97630  

Very sad state of affairs along the Richelieu, that's for sure.. Many of those homes will likely have to be demolished.

My apologies, it's not snow, but it is white..

falls @ chambly

high water put-in

surfing the bumpy wave

clay, up from VT to shred his state's runoff

Good to see you getting out on the bike Bucket and still [re]living the moment of skiing

Moeghgul/TC
    As for Jeff/ Cambridge there is no local zoning so building a garage is not a problem. R values possible drafts from gaps is.

R values for log home

More flooding pictures

Pics of Italian Motorcycles [and a few Japanese ones]

Some Snow in these hills

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    Very sad state of affairs along the Richelieu, that's for sure.. Many of those homes will likely have to be demolished.
    Wow....never seen the Richelieu like that. The Ottawa River at the Chaudiere Falls was flowing pretty hard this weekend. I don't seeing so much water here in late May. (I was also told there is enough of a snow patch for maybe 2 turns at Camp Fortune).

I believe my cousin's house is okay, but he mentioned there were a few cracks and water making it's way in the basement (a few weeks ago). His parent have had a cottage in Sabrevois on the river (now in the river) for years. I waterskied there back around 1980-82.
    Ski Mad World

SURF N TURF

after a really nice 5am paddle out for some sweet little peelers in rye, i met up with drew and austin for a great sunny, very smooth day at tux. there was definitely more snow than we expected and the perfect peel away corn did not suck. the place was empty with maybe a dozen other skiers/hikers in the bowl all day. the parking lot at pinkham at 10am was deserted and looked like a cold midweek winter day. dunno where everyone was as it was definitely the pick of the weekend weatherwise.

skiing should last a while still..............

hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend!

rog

Just a few observations I made this weekend...

Alcohol DOES NO EQUAL sunscreen.

Bagpipes at 1am in a racetrack campground DOES EQUAL an instant Bruins parade.

Banana boats are as amazing as they are easy to make

Shotskis work even in the summer

I will consistently buy overpriced crappy lemonade if it's being sold by really cute girls

Four showers a day is better than three

Love the bike pics VTF, where'd you go? I should probably know already but I was busy watching the LeMans Prototypes kill it at Limerock to pay attention to high speed shenanigans elsewhere. So glad they revised the uphill section for last year so they could go there again- what a show!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Nice Rog, Austin and Drew.

Slowly thinking about possible turns soon... I might even take a day off.

Forecast for Lat/Lon: 44.28°N 71.3°W Elevation:5648 ft

Thursday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Strong and damaging winds, with a west wind between 60 and 65 mph, with gusts as high as 80 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Thursday Night: A slight chance of rain and SNOW showers. Partly cloudy and very windy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday: Mostly sunny and windy, with a high near 42.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 34.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 50.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.

Sunday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
    Ski Mad World

Good to see people are still making turns in the NE, MTB season has gotten going for me.

Hope everyone is drying out up north, many intense flooding images posted earlier.

Forecasted thunderstorms kept me away from the mountains and instead whoring out my handiman skills.

I found a short reprieve yesterday taking a ride ON Mt. Mansfield to one of my favorite locations.

Only to walk into more home improvement projects.

Finally relaxed while Petey got some swimming lessons.

sweet pics by all.......TC and Moughul good luck with the house hunting......VTF i know dowork just put it out there but where was the race......sweet bikes for damn sure......
    Saw a TGR sticker in Sea Isle NJ on a green exterra?????? anybody???? clark....
    HOpe all had a safe a nfun weekend...good to see the bike out BUCKET......
    always forward but never straight

spent part of my weekend in the 'Skillz', yikes! lock your doors kids. seriously, that part of the state is hurting. abandoned shoes, abandoned shopping carts, abandoned mattress's, abandoned houses. post apocalyptic zombie hell zone! however Bethel Woods is easily the best venue i've ever seen. sits adjacent to the original Woodstock site. Phish absolutely krushed it, over the weekend.

crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Just a few observations I made this weekend...

Alcohol DOES NO EQUAL sunscreen.

Bagpipes at 1am in a racetrack campground DOES EQUAL an instant Bruins parade.

Banana boats are as amazing as they are easy to make

Shotskis work even in the summer

I will consistently buy overpriced crappy lemonade if it's being sold by really cute girls

Four showers a day is better than three

Love the bike pics VTF, where'd you go? I should probably know already but I was busy watching the LeMans Prototypes kill it at Limerock to pay attention to high speed shenanigans elsewhere. So glad they revised the uphill section for last year so they could go there again- what a show!
    Would have loved to have gone to Lime Rock, but went to SLC for WSB instead.

What would a race be without Umbrella Girls

Race 1 Biaggi wrecks a pretty Aprilia taking out Jonny Rea also

Looks like some Phishy phun was had
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

VT-F: Bonus points for posting pic of hot women, bikes and snow in background... Degree of difficulty 5.5

What a weekend for a Phish show BF!

And some fine corn as well as standing wave riding...

This page is quality!
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Would have loved to have gone to Lime Rock, but went to SLC for WSB instead.

What would a race be without Umbrella Girls

Race 1 Biaggi wrecks a pretty Aprilia taking out Jonny Rea also

Looks like some Phishy phun was had

Sick! I thought those looked like the Okers in your first pic... And those umbrella girls look fast!!!

I only got two pics from the whole weekend, but this was one of them. Aaaah, day fag hill... One of the finest places in the world to watch a race.

"If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

stoke: in season cheap fruit off street carts.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

not that anyone cares, but my dorkdom is now complete... you can call me doctor (also will respond to powfessor, math nerd, or famous internet skier)... but sadly i can't write prescriptions.
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Congrats on your dorkdom...hard work pays off after all......
    always forward but never straight