Page 402 of 465 FirstFirst ... 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... LastLast
Results 10,026 to 10,050 of 11608
    Quote Originally Posted by scottski63 View Post
    I'll ski it thurs and see how it held up. Sat. Was still good[
    way to keep it going there scottski. pics please.........

^^ rog: i did say preparing...i do hope to get the skis on snow at least one more time, but the pep talk is appreciated, as just about everybody i ski with has already moved on

^^ and yes, seconds please on pics scottski. eyeing sunday if it looks worthwhile. glad to hear it was good and you got at it

i could just picture the flash cards.. hilarious

my legs are still sore from one day on MTW. Rog is a machine

hope to keep hearing about the country club days up high..

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Novice clinic via the Vermont paddlers club June 4-5. Learn to roll and basic paddle skills. If you get after it you can be running the shit in a year or two!
    I'd love to take that, but I'll be out of town that weekend. Any other courses you recommend that one could take to get skills to drop into the Class II Whitewater Clinic in July?

In other news, here is a link to a good interview with Steve Wright, Jay Peak marketing VP. Steve is a cool guy and the piece is worth reading if you have any opinion about what is happening at Jay these days. Click the link:
    http://www.nyskiblog.com/2011/05/ste...ak-resort.html
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Belleayre May 14

[TGRVIDEO][/ ]

DIRTY SNOW

^^^^^^^^^^^^^NICE PATCH! plenty for turns there!

love the mini viddy stoke!

rog

niiiice.

^^ thanks scott! hell, it may be skiing a bit cleaner after being rinsed off a bit
    Last edited by buckethead; 05-17-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    funneh thing is, i read bits and pieces of my shit being repeated by many others in the wide world of ski-intertoobz land.

rog
    don't know if its really tangible, but I guess we all got build self esteem from somewhere, I'll stop bustin your balls Rog, I had no idea you were "internet" famous

since I'm the antistoke I can report my beloved rain filled clouds broke yesterday and stopped washing away the remaining nuisance snow at VT's most northern hill revealing 800'+ of continuous snow confined to steeper pitches that would likely be enjoyable to ski for being 18 days into May

Quote Originally Posted by mobygrape View Post
    I'd love to take that, but I'll be out of town that weekend. Any other courses you recommend that one could take to get skills to drop into the Class II Whitewater Clinic in July?
    You can arrange privte instruction thru Clearwater in Waitsfield. Not sure what Barry charges, but it'll be the same instructors the VPC uses.

[TGRVIDEO][/ ]
    awesome scott, impressive for Bell or any resort on the EC to have so much left. Come to Vt anytime dude!

moguljunkie showing that racer style[/QUOTE]

15 Days Later...

[TGRVIDEO][/ ]
    Thanks for the update Scott... Impressive. Would be pretty cool to have a Memorial Day turn or two here in the Catskills. If any one is around there this weekend i would love to hear how it survived this pissy weather. Like Rog says though, it'll be well groomed. (Another piece of your shit to read)

Really absurdly early winter 11-12 outlook: 09-10.

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    That is absurdly early

I really appreciate the knowledge you share here on the board. I find your thoughts the best skier specific forecasts for the East.

I do have a request: Could you add more comments regarding New Hampshire and Maine next year.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    That is absurdly early

I really appreciate the knowledge you share here on the board. I find your thoughts the best skier specific forecasts for the East.

I do have a request: Could you add more comments regarding New Hampshire and Maine next year.
    I get this all the time w/r/t N.H. and Maine to a lesser extent. I'll do my best when it's relevant.

I also have a request. Although I appreciate the forecast for 11-12 which is sure to be the snowiest yet, what is the outlook for a new avatar? If you are having trouble finding a hotter pic, I'm not planning on doing much over the next hour and I can begin researching.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I get this all the time w/r/t N.H. and Maine to a lesser extent. I'll do my best when it's relevant.
    Ouch, don't think any of us Maine maggots are relevant? Or just our state gets too funky a weather to tell whats gonna happen till we get up in the morning?

It's Maine.

It's gonna be cold, rainy, snowy, windy all at the same time. It's gonna freeze hard overnight then you'll get a nice sugar coating of sleet to soften the blow. Then it's gonna be cold, rainy, snowy, windy and the sun will come out for a little while.

Oh and umm, yeah about the relevancy thing

it will be determined if you are relevant when we start to get closer to the presidential election...
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

In that case I believe we are as one of the lands of the 'overly-represented'.

AS a State with 4 electoral college votes, which I believe equals NH and VT, we should have more rep.

gravitylover pretty much nailed Maine winter weather-must have spent some time in the State. It is why when we go other places we are always so stoked with the snow. If you can have fun sliding in Maine, you can have fun most places there is vertical and snow.

I have a man crush.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242
    I also have a request. Although I appreciate the forecast for 11-12 which is sure to be the snowiest yet, what is the outlook for a new avatar? If you are having trouble finding a hotter pic, I'm not planning on doing much over the next hour and I can begin researching.
    holy fuck yes. Despite potential work issues, I much prefer avatar ala dowork to crazy bald britney. Cause despite my earlier comment I'm not ghey. Oblogatory NTTATWT.

thanks to bucket for reminding me

NYTimes on overrepresentation so we aren't as represented as VT, let alone WY we're still pretty (self) important.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    It is why when we go other places we are always so stoked with the snow. If you can have fun sliding in Maine, you can have fun most places there is vertical and snow.
    I had some fun in Colorado for a couple of years but there is always something special about coming home: