Page 104 of 465 FirstFirst ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 11608
    [QUOTE=Vt-Freeheel;3087212]How is Your ^^^^^ back doing? Hope it will be ready soon.

Yes it is allen and thanks for asking....Heading up to a local bump in the poconos on thurs night ( BB) to try out the knee and hip/back.....hopefully i will feel good and start my treks up to VT on aweekly bases......The JOB SITE photo's were awesome......
    always forward but never straight

Heading up to VT in the AM, still not sure what to do....is anyone skiing tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by back bowl View Post
    Holy fucking shit there's a lot of snow. ~22 inches in the yard between Smuggs and Jay and still snowing @ 5:30 am... I hope school doesn't get cancelled or I'm stuck at home all day...
    No Joke! We got dumped on up north, but still super light blower so be careful out there. It was just above my knees in my yard.. I couldnt help but to go up to Smuggs before work this morning. Was only able to get 2 runs in and now at work. I got a couple pics from 1st run and than my DSLR decided to stop working and gave me some gay error msg. SOOO PISSSED about that, but at least there is snow.. Might be time to upgrade to the 7D.. Cant wait to see what GP gets for shots today, assuming he got out.. My 2nd run we got some serious over head blower on some steeper terrain.... Its on people, get out there. Will post a couple pics in a bit.

Sugarbush this morning.

More pics and video soon.

John

Damn, save some for me guys ... Thursday can't come soon enough.

^^^ talk about a fucking teaser! (or your camera is teh suck...)

Seriously though... there's not a single flake on the ground here, so i'm stoked to see that it is, in fact, snowing elsewhere. Looking forward to more pics later!

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    thanks KT and thanks for your insight through out this, I go back to surgeon on thursday for scans, xrays, probes. Hoping for good news. I was thinking more something short and a pure carbon lay up. Sold all my 190+ stiff bad ass skis. I think those days are over, light dyna set up from here on out.

Winter storm warning in effect until 4pm 4-6 more inches expected for franklin, chittenden, and addison counties, including towns of ripton, enosburg falls, and underhill. Ullr took a serious laxative, heading up to bread loaf to snow shoe around, wife is skiing.
    When the time comes I would enjoy sharing a skin track/turns/beers.

Quote Originally Posted by highanxiety View Post
    No Joke! We got dumped on up north, but still super light blower so be careful out there. It was just above my knees in my yard.. I couldnt help but to go up to Smuggs before work this morning. Was only able to get 2 runs in and now at work. I got a couple pics from 1st run and than my DSLR decided to stop working and gave me some gay error msg. SOOO PISSSED about that, but at least there is snow.. Might be time to upgrade to the 7D.. Cant wait to see what GP gets for shots today, assuming he got out.. My 2nd run we got some serious over head blower on some steeper terrain.... Its on people, get out there. Will post a couple pics in a bit.
    Classic upslope, just laid down another layer on the rink, scraped off only 5 inches, always amazing to see reports from one side of the range compared to the other

step 1 complete. now just need the next storm to come in white, wet, and heavy.

nice pic john!

damn you guy sup north are lucky as hell right now. all the pics are great. keep em coming. we probably wont get anything worthwhile for a long time down in the md/pa area.

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Someone sack up and come to plattekill tomorrow. My avalanche bacon doesn't work without a partner.
    you should have done a better job convincing me. i hadnt been on the board so i had no idea snow was happening all over the place. my head space has been carving around on my longboard damning the cold.

"Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

Cold and smokey in the predawn hours on Mansfield..
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjP5w0CUxwY"]YouTube - ChinClip12 7 10[/nomedia]

Quote Originally Posted by highanxiety View Post
    Might be time to upgrade to the 7D.. Cant wait to see what GP gets for shots today, assuming he got out.. My 2nd run we got some serious over head blower on some steeper terrain.... Its on people, get out there. Will post a couple pics in a bit.
    We got out there alright, I took 3 runs and had to get to work, G and Ben will be up there all day. It was a magnificent morning - can't wipe the powder grin off my face. Oh and get the 7D it will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    YouTube - ChinClip12 7 10
    Nice turns, but WTF is up with that video quality? Was that shot on a cellphone from 2001??

Try this:

http://www.goprocamera.com/products/...ero-camera.php

looks like Magic Monday led to Tittyballs Tuesday, Thanks LH!

Decisions, Decisions - I am heading up this weekend, but undecided where to go.

Sugarbush is claiming 12 inches, but very few trails open. Anyone have the inside scoop on what they are planning to open for the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by atkinsonvt View Post
    Sugarbush this morning.

More pics and video soon.

John
    This is more like it!!! Save some for tomorrow... Is it still coming down?
    Last edited by eug; 12-07-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    YouTube - ChinClip12 7 10
    YeeHaa Dave! Trenchtown!

Quote Originally Posted by crank54 View Post
    Nice turns, but WTF is up with that video quality? Was that shot on a cellphone from 2001??
    dave, maybe you should be spending more time at work and a little less time on the hill so you can afford a higher interweb quality lifestyle
    Last edited by kingdom-tele; 12-07-2010 at 12:29 PM.

Honestly- this was one of the clearest Upslope events I've seen. NO DOUBTs that it was going to go off. I said feet by the end of the week and I meant it. This was classic all the way. Lower level lift, deep moisture, cyclonic flow. good lapse rates...all of it...just great event.

Too bad it's going to rain next monday. (Kidding. Kinda. Maybe not).

[quote=mtnbiker/boarder;3088113]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    How is Your ^^^^^ back doing? Hope it will be ready soon.

Yes it is allen and thanks for asking....Heading up to a local bump in the poconos on thurs night ( BB) to try out the knee and hip/back.....hopefully i will feel good and start my treks up to VT on aweekly bases......The JOB SITE photo's were awesome......
    Went up there on Sunday, its like chinese food, after a few minutes yer hungry for more. G/L with the knee. Lower back felt good here, feels like its fully recovered from the accident.
    Silent....but shredly.

[quote=Moeghoul;3088283]
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post

Went up there on Sunday, its like chinese food, after a few minutes yer hungry for more. G/L with the knee. Lower back felt good here, feels like its fully recovered from the accident.
    You were in an Accident???? Was there more than one trail open...i don't mind driving the hour and half ,makes more sense to test out body than drive 5 to find out i am not ready yet........let me know when your ready for a road trip....
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by K_C View Post
    We got out there alright, I took 3 runs and had to get to work, G and Ben will be up there all day. It was a magnificent morning - can't wipe the powder grin off my face. Oh and get the 7D it will be worth it.
    NICE! I look forward to his trip report..I need to contact him this evening to talk about some stuff also.

Here are a couple before my camera died...

Ok back to work....

Careful out there folks, this stuff is retarded light and everything underneath is rock hard. I skied directly into a rock pile going about 15 mph and double eject cartwheeled into another pile of rocks. Smashed both kneecaps and sprained the hell out of my thumb. At the exact same time a co-worker of mine clipped a snow snake on the edge of Timbuktu and cartwheeled into a very large rock and broke his arm. Sled evac and taken away in an ambulance.

This is the lightest snow I've ever skied. Today was the first time I actually choked on snow while making turns. It took skiing into a 4 foot drift on a low angle section to stop me. But yeah, super sketchy. Since it's so dry and windblown you really can't judge depth or dangerous debris underneath, there are no contours to help you gauge what you're skiing into. Some sections were 2" and others were pushing 3 feet.

Do not watch unless prepared for extreme jealousy.

John

the lightest snow ive ever skied on top of nothing at stowe....needless to say it made for an incredibly fun day. too bad there is still no base

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Borracho View Post
    Decisions, Decisions - I am heading up this weekend, but undecided where to go.

Sugarbush is claiming 12 inches, but very few trails open. Anyone have the inside scoop on what they are planning to open for the weekend?
    This kind of snow was not enough to open a new trail that wasnt already open or going to open. This snow is super super light.
    I could go on, and on, and on...but who cares

Quote Originally Posted by atkinsonvt View Post

Do not watch unless prepared for extreme jealousy.

John
    \
    Why oh why did I move off German Flats rd 5 years ago.......?!!!

Thanks man! :P