Page 1 of 465 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Its Baaaack: EC roll call version 4.0(beta)

Lets get this party started folks!!

Just some minor updates for those like me who may have been out of the loop over the summer, and have just realized that the foliage has started turning in the annual announcement that ski season is soon upon us!

Yesterday there were reports of frost in VT

Construction started on the Stairway to Heaven that WILL allow for lift served October turns in VT

If you haven't been paying attention to www.savemagicvermont.com, you really should as they have been documenting the Magic Mountain crew that has been KICKING ASS all summer long getting the place in unreal shape for whats sure to be an EPIC winter. Get your Passes NOW!!

http://www.magicmtn.com/seasonpass.php

Finally a shout out to the kids at FIS.com who bring us killer stoke and once again MUCH LOVE to Lionelhuntz for his weather prognostication skillz!
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Official Season Opening Party, Ullrfest, Oct. 16: [ame="https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199541"]Ullrfest 2010: Par-T in VT - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Subscribed. Bring on old man Winter!

I'm going to miss EC Roll Call 3, but feel that this version has the possibility of being better than the last. Bring on winter!
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Let the scraping begin...

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary

i never need an excuse

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    he just wanted an excuse to post that shot of himself in his boxers anyway.
    im excited!

now lets get this party started.

ANY MAGS WANT TO JOIN PEARLJAM, DIAMONDBACK, NIHILES AND OTHERS IN A HOUSE AROUND THE BLOCK FROM MAGIC PM ANY OF US. LOOKING TO FILL THREE MORE SPOTS!!!!!
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

^^ICK!!

Yo Nihiles?...

How'd the Jersey Shore audition go?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

yyyyyyeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssss!!!!
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

gonna be lots of days like this around here this year. 10-11 the year of Zero Camber
    woot-woot
    crab in my shoe mouth

bring on winterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

nihiles- hardcore!

Yea yea, autumn is in the air and I'm starting to get stoked for the coming winter!

Hopefully we're gonna have more of this (BushwhackerinPA):

and this:

and this (somerandomskinner):

and this:

and especially this:

GET STOKED
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIORFORGETIT View Post

nihiles- hardcore!
    That's some hardcore I could do without.

Edit: ^^^ AK, nice stoke man! Love to hook up with you for some turns this year.

10/11 The year of zero camber. Has a nice ring to it.

I foresee storm days aplenty this season & unparalleled monstrously huge portions of East Coast stoke that will fill this thread with righteousness deepness

Looking forward to this season beginning to end:

VT travel deals:
    https://www.classicskitours.net/vermontTravel.asp

Cats card (if you don't like Hunter):
    http://www.visitthecatskills.com/cats-card/

eventually that ski new england map with all the coupons:
    http://www.ettractions.com/index.php
    Last edited by ex-powderbroker; 09-17-2010 at 10:17 AM.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I drove about 15,000 miles to ski last year. Hope to break 20,000 this year. I hope to see you all around some time between November and June.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I drove about 15,000 miles to ski last year. Hope to break 20,000 this year. I hope to see you all around some time between November and June.
    holy shit - that is amazing, you guys are dedicated, I was bitching about driving to camel's hump to ski!

we'll be skiing these guys

HARDCORE

dude how many times did you drive to alaska!?
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

Quote Originally Posted by nihiles View Post
    dude how many times did you drive to alaska!?
    wow, that is a lot of driving for skiing.

750-800 miles round trip to Mount Washington or Northern Vermont from my place. Add 30 miles if I stop off at my dad's place in MA. When the conditions are right it is more than worth it. I drove over 800 miles for one pretty tame lap on GOS with my best friend who was skinning for the first time. The snow was heavy, even a little rotten in places. There were 40-50 mph gusts. My friend thought they would blow him and his new splitboard/wind-catcher off the hill. He was terrified, exhausted, and ecstatic when we topped out. My favorite day from last year.

Also drove 800 miles to skin up the westside in a downpour, camp with a wet dog at Jacob's Ladder, and ski down a nearly frozen Burt's in a chowder like mist. The sun broke through when I was hiking down the cog. Also totally worth it. Almost any day in the mountains is a good one. Skiing is sublime.

Don't ask we why I live in Brooklyn, because I don't have a good answer.

from the magic archives, here's to another season

Don't ask we why I live in Brooklyn, because I don't have a good answer.
    at least i got a good reason why i live in jersey! represent! represent -sent!

All I can say is last year was my best ski year on the east coast, despite a very disappointing snowfall total (or lack there of), and I can't wait to improve upon it for 2010-2011: "the year of zero camber".

2009-2010 brought me some awesome new ski buddies, great touring (including a 14 mile slog through the Adirondacks), discovered some secret backcountry stashes, (re)discovered how much good skiing the Catskills have to offer, had my last and latest ski day in the year for me on May 23rd hiking and skiing Mt. Washington, and found a new home base in Magic Mtn. (will be buying my season pass there as soon as I get my next paycheck).

All I can say is I can't wait for the winter of 2010-2011. For me this year it's all about ECBC (East Coast Backcountry). Anyone interested in touring, hit me up, I want to explore the the greens, the whites, and the Dax as much as possible.

Ullr...Bring on the snow!!!

Back this year from the west coast, looking to meet some maggots, & I'm calling magic my home. Prettttty stoked for 10/11
    If you can't dig it, you ain't got no shovel

TC, those are some great, drool worthy photos. Hope the leg is improving. Heard you ditched the crutches. That's great news.

The snow can't come soon enough.