Page 190 of 465 FirstFirst ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 11608

There's snow in them thar hills boys. Those that can, ski it. Post stoke later.

Amen. I come home gimped after wrapping my back around a tree while skiing the mighty maple ridge and this is the kind of crap I see in the EC role call thread??? WTF folks?
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Anyone been to Cannon lately? Sounds like things are going well up there and looking foward to getting back up there once i return from mammoth and resume 2nd semester

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    an underhand pitch? oh cause you wont be there with a 7k camera and its not mt washington or some other gnar? I just dont get you dude, and I dont care to. Should we all just ski gnar all the time? or else its not worth it? your insipid and snide remarks will come to an end.
    not at all what i meant.

i was just saying i thought your invitation to guess the place that has 4 ft of untracked pow (false btw... fran hit it) was easy ("underhand pitch") since you've dropped so many clues all week...

honestly i thought this whole thing "guess the mountain" thing was a joke folks!

anyway, sorry i didn't realize how closely guarded a secret the place was.... back to business

one of the more sightly descents of a mandatory icefall huck for the goods i've seen in a while:
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    hey! that's my ass skinning!

yup, breaking trail 1st thing for 2000 vert up to 4800 feet was a beahtch, but the workout and putting the skinner where it was meant to be is always priceless.
    MMMM...skinning. So trippy. First full BC day tomorrow...thuroughly pre-pared for many many laps of good snow on mtns far away from any of you.

dynofiddle?

one of the more sightly descents of a mandatory icefall huck for the goods i've seen in a while:

hey his ski popped off again!

rog

the car wash trick worked last week (i think it was either dowork's idea or bigdaddy)...

Quote Originally Posted by thegreyarea View Post
    I'll be there w/a few guys. Look for an orange orage jacket and bright blue pants.
    Looks like I will be there as well around 9am most likely... Grey pants, black patagonia coat, and this years obsetheds w/ dukes. Probably with a guy on lhasas w/ dynafits

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    A short rope goes a long way. ACL in the middle of nowhere sucks. Awesome pic. I'll think of it next time I go OTB (tomorrow).
    ha i know all too well. the most ironic thing? the 30m floss was in my bag, but we decided to be tough guys and, not to use it...

what's the saying? "the only place for essential-piece-of-gear-X is in your bag?"

well that's only true except when you should be smart enough to use it... so yep... we were dumbasses and got a free pass. no harm no foul though. not the first time that's happened to folks adventuring in the mountains...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    You got a good picture...crisp for a crash shot.
    ha. thanks?

here's a pic of the dynafiddle at the "moment of fiddle"

I had a blast freeing my mind today at MRG. Got up in the afternoon and it was great, in a very MRG kind of way. The snow was of wonderful quality and fluffy, but there were lots of barren spots. Kind of concerned what this weekend's crows will do to their coverage...

Nice way to end the day out on one of my favorite trails anywhere
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

nice adrian... do i spy a moon up there top left?

i just connected the dots and realized where your sig comes from btw. nice.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    you are such a chick. post your one pic bullshit. with no info. you suck serioulsy? broken home? need attention? go fuck yourself! FIS stands for Faggot Internet Shitdicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    ^^^ hate to get in this since I know you "could give a fuck less" but we dont call out your lines. Not sure why you felt the need to call that out. For mags its fine, but a lot more then mags read this thread. Think before you feel the need to act like the vt snow guru and impact others good time. Its getting stale fast.

an underhand pitch? oh cause you wont be there with a 7k camera and its not mt washington or some other gnar? I just dont get you dude, and I dont care to. Should we all just ski gnar all the time? or else its not worth it? your insipid and snide remarks will come to an end.
    Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    woah... i though it was more or less obvious since you've been posting about the place nonstop. sorry for "calling out your line" that you've made at least 10 posts of this week

i edited it out. apologies.
    FWIW: TC and BF are completely out of line. You're both coming across as dicks in these posts. Even better is the fact that BF quoted GP, so the place is preserved.

seeya there umby, shootin for the same time.

nice adrian... do i spy a moon up there top left?

i just connected the dots and realized where your sig comes from btw. nice.
    thanks. Yea, that's the moon... if he wasn't up there, I would definitely cropped this differently. Wish he was a bit bigger, but so it goes.

And yea. go. Go. GO. One of the few remaining ski areas out there. such a great vibe.

addit for page top tunage
    yeaaaaa
    Last edited by akokskis; 01-14-2011 at 10:34 PM. Reason: page top tunage
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

ha. thanks?

here's a pic of the dynafiddle at the "moment of fiddle"

classic ass-check.

... 4 ft of untracked pow (false btw... fran hit it)...
    Actually, it's not false. 12" storm Saturday, 6" refresher Tuesday into easy 18-24" Wednesday, plus another 4" refresher yesterday and more through today.

For those who aren't so familiar with the mountain, there is almost no wind effect on Bailey Falls through most of the prevailing weather patterns. It is east facing and in the lee of a ridge and peak just east of it. SO even with compaction, what falls stays unless we get hit with warmth and sun. It is not a stretch at all to say 4+ in many spots on Bailey. I was there with Franny (it wasn't 4ft then, but close to it), and know what has come down since. Don't believe it? Come check it out! Don't want to bother? S'cool, we'll enjoy it anyway.

anyway, sorry i didn't realize how closely guarded a secret the place was....
    It isn't. I wouldn't be posting pics if it were. Happy to show folks around anytime. It's no Paradise at MRG, but there's plenty of fun stuff to be found. Point, I think, is the method, not the message.

Carry on.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    Actually, it's not false. 12" storm Saturday, 6" refresher Tuesday into easy 18-24" Wednesday, plus another 4" refresher yesterday and more through today.

For those who aren't so familiar with the mountain, there is almost no wind effect on Bailey Falls through most of the prevailing weather patterns. It is east facing and in the lee of a ridge and peak just east of it. SO even with compaction, what falls stays unless we get hit with warmth and sun. It is not a stretch at all to say 4+ in many spots on Bailey. I was there with Franny (it wasn't 4ft then, but close to it), and know what has come down since. Don't believe it? Come check it out! Don't want to bother? S'cool, we'll enjoy it anyway.

It isn't. I wouldn't be posting pics if it were. Happy to show folks around anytime. It's no Paradise at MRG, but there's plenty of fun stuff to be found. Point, I think, is the method, not the message.

Carry on.
    Just speculating, but I think when he said false, he wasn't referring to the inches fallen, but to the fact that it wasn't "untracked" per se, as your tracks were in it at some point during the fall of those 4 feet.

patience

it really is an interesting world we all live in.

we can bitch and moan about stupid shit all we want, but where do we get with it? no where, zero, zilch.

it's so easy to forget how lucky we all are on a whole. to think we can get hurt doing something we love, yet most of the rest of the world can't even imagine eating edible food, drinking potable water, or having a place to lay their heads.

we can all bitch at each other about stupid shit, pick on each other, call each other out on meaningless shit, and cross lines from time to time.

bottom line, none of us are perfect, none of us are resistant to internal or external hurt, and none of deserve to be treated poorly, or to treat others with anything less than respect.

we are all very lucky to be here, to be healthy in one form or another, and to share the stoke that we do, as shallow and meaningless to the rest of the hurting world that our world may be.

we can all get along, can't we? we all breathe the same air and share the same space, family.

caught these guys at the house of blues this summer, why should i be so priviledged? good question.

have a listen:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ezJWc2ZEfg&feature=related"]YouTube - Nas & Damian Marley Patience new 2010[/nomedia]

rog
    Last edited by icelanticskier; 01-14-2011 at 11:39 PM.

[QUOTE=icelanticskier;3139732]it really is an interesting world we all live in./QUOTE]

it sure is. sometimes we need to take a step back and think about how fortunate most of us are...even if we don't have much.

well, i guess it's a good sign that the squabbling around here doesn't only happen when there's no snow....isn't consistency next to godliness or something?

peace all and be safe.

...and an only-at-MRG funny.

a 70 year old woman walks up to me between the basebox and the single.

spotting my pow plusses : "those skis used to be really popular in the early 90s" (from her tone i think she was trying to mildy dis)

told her i like prefer straight skis especially in the pow but admitted i was shopping around for some rocker...at which time i apparently lost her - she then went on to tell me something me about something - and proceeded to lose me as i had already missed several precious chairs and it was time to Go!...

was glad she wasn't up on this year's rockered offerings or i would have missed several more
    Last edited by buckethead; 01-15-2011 at 02:48 AM.

not at all what i meant.

i was just saying i thought your invitation to guess the place that has 4 ft of untracked pow (false btw... fran hit it) was easy ("underhand ]
    ok maybe I read it wrong. But given the heated nature of our email conversation today surrounding how events were handled at the time of my Injury and your postings on wild snow about it and the resulting impact it had on my situation, I thought this was just an extension of that. Which I found to be accusatory and generally just not nice. Folks here don't need to be aware of particulars but there was an impetus which makes my posts well warranted.If that was not the intention then cool and I will some eat some shit for it. But my reaction was not random.

How often do you see me stirring the pot on Tgr? Never. Except with Greg but I am willing to let it go, tough to discern context on the net. Especially when there is a lot of emotion surrounding a life changing injury and your family's life is being impacted greatly.

Carry on
    Last edited by thin cover; 01-15-2011 at 03:51 AM.

Get this fight off the main board and take it to PM. Like others and yourselves I very muc enjoy reading the stoke amongst us who enjoy "sliding down snow on toys". Mow you guys taking away from others on the board with your personal agendas...not fair.

Looking at the hill now.....so fucking pumped to play in the trees today!!