Page 347 of 465 FirstFirst ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,675 of 11608
    Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    ^^^^ too late unfortunately. Hoping for some frag in the BC. Meeting with some tgr folk out there for a tour wed early. Arrive tues night. I will give you a shout tomorrow. Was planning on you making the tour if possible.
    TC have a great trip. Be safe. Ski hard. Corn and beer season when you get back? Or does old man winter have something else in mind for April/May? Regardless, it's going to be goood!
    The Passion is in the Risk

So what's the over/under on Lynchy's multiple posts....6? I'll take the over.

Quote Originally Posted by eug View Post
    Would you guys mind starting the EC drama thread? This is really getting old - and yes I can scroll by all the BS.
    my thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    So what's the over/under on Lynchy's multiple posts....6? I'll take the over.
    This back to work thing is bullshit. I had a lot of catching up to do. We all can't sit at a desk with access to a computer and pretend to work!
    The Passion is in the Risk

oh, i don't type this stuff, that is too much like work. i dictate it to my secretary...she does all my posting.

Thanks lynch. I'm not without blame either though. And with that, I'm going to be trying really hard to avoid the antagonizing stuff, and only post the stoking stuff.

The truth is I love taking photos of skiing. I don't know why, but I do. Consequently I put way too much time and effort into it. I'm not trying to outdo anyone, and I realize that a large majority of skiers just want to ski. That's awesome. I'm just stoked to ski AND take photos. I love to read about what folks ski in every corner of the northeast; more than anywhere else in the world honestly. If I go somewhere around here to ski, I like to challenge myself to try to capture an image that shows that at that moment, that place has got the best skiing in the world. In my opinion that should make all us EC skiers stoked. Not angry... So from here on out enjoy...

After all: we're all so very very very small...
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

So poetic, I'm faklempt.

Nice shot and speech...

for a math geek.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    So poetic, I'm faklempt.

Nice shot and speech...

for a math geek.
    Verklempt

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    plattekill by far exceeded my best expectations this past weekend.
    there was just not enough time to adequately track up the woods, as became evident sunday afternoon, where we were greeted by untracked expanse after another. great meeting up with niccacrates and non-mag friend (we only caught names briefly, and i never heard it well).
    its days like sunday that make this forum worth while. I've met bucket twice, maybe 3 times before and just happen to pull into the lot right behind him; recognized each other; and ripped the day apart. plattekill seems to get bigger everytime i ride there.

thanks for your saturday conditions post. you swayed me from hitting local bike trails to having a sweet sorta-spring-pow day in the catskills. its amazing what 5 inches can do to a properly run ski resort. spending the day playing a game of 'choose your fresh line' just doesn't get old. i would have taken the 2 more last chairs with you but tom was pretty shaken up after the tree slide to 6ft. back flop. also thanks for the veggie sausages.

I want it to be clear that I'm not joking at all when I state the following:

I believe that much of the animosity towards DaveVt is a result of his avatar. Every time I read one of your posts I'm already a little angry from looking at that shit.

Larson=genious.
    Heading here tomorrow...some pre-stoke....northfacing should still be POW.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ridgeskin.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	95391  
    Last edited by DaveVt; 03-28-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by niccacrates View Post
    its days like sunday that make this forum worth while. I've met bucket twice, maybe 3 times before and just happen to pull into the lot right behind him; recognized each other; and ripped the day apart. plattekill seems to get bigger everytime i ride there.

thanks for your saturday conditions post. you swayed me from hitting local bike trails to having a sweet sorta-spring-pow day in the catskills. its amazing what 5 inches can do to a properly run ski resort. spending the day playing a game of 'choose your fresh line' just doesn't get old. i would have taken the 2 more last chairs with you but tom was pretty shaken up after the tree slide to 6ft. back flop. also thanks for the veggie sausages.
    yea, like i said we couldn't have pulled off so well-timed a meet up if we'd tried. and yea, the place does indeed grow the more you explore.
    glad you guys came out...it was indeed a blast trying in vain to track up those woods.
    funny, i pushed myself hard last week to catch one more chair at MRG and missed it by seconds. whereas yesterday, i all but gave up when we got to the top with one minute left but followed those occupied chairs to the bottom...and got two more rides up (thanks again laslo!)

yea, tom's stunt was a little scary - cool that he rode a few more hours, but bet he was a bit sore this morning.

i know some folks will be in utah this weekend, but platt will be repeating their season pass promo sat and sun for anyone who's interested...

have a great trip/bring back some snow!

^^^^^^^ bucket wish i could have been there with you guys....since i couldn't and with fresh snow on the ground i made my way up to camelscrack in PA....awesome day and weather starting off in the lot with a cold beer and 28 degrees......snow was fantastic to say the least and ended up having a miserable day.....the lift lines were f--ing horrible, 25 minutes to take a run that would take no joke a minute or two tops and thats if i stopped to enjoy the gapers.......ISBD you missed nothing but a total shitshow....the poeple were rude as hell, nobody spoke english ( i have no prob with that) but have some edicate......the line of the day was on a lift with two peeps who spoke verry little english......"are they those really fat new skiis that are out" i just chuckled inside and said no they have been out for a while......i was on my pocketrockets and at that point made my last run (2:30) back to the car for IPA PALE ALE that i brought with me to feel like i was at PLATKILL with the crew and to raise a beer up to shane.......all in all at least i was sliding down snow having fun..........

TC and crew headed out west .. have a blast and be safe.........send some pics our way
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I want it to be clear that I'm not joking at all when I state the following:

I believe that much of the animosity towards DaveVt is a result of his avatar. Every time I read one of your posts I'm already a little angry from looking at that shit.
    haha, yah, but I guess it's a reminder of what we're going to see on our ladies when they're 88.. oh well.

DaveVT- you working with PK a lot lately? He's a good friend, and a great guy doing tons for the VT mtb scene, as you know already I'm sure! Keep up the great trail work, I know you don't hear that enough.

My little brother is a chef in Stowe, lives in Lamoille county and barely makes it, so I get it, and I mean completely get it! As a father of 2 myself, time and money are short, hence my love to share the bounty with others, because I know how much it meant to me and my skiing/ woods knowledge development over the years (hence my posts/ comments/ pm's in the past about stashes)

Keep up the hard work, your son will love you for it, even if he dosen't know what he's got yet (or for a while)

-the other Dave (from VT)(originally )
    Last edited by djspookman; 03-29-2011 at 06:42 AM.

^^ jeez don't those folks in PA know that winter's over/skiing's done/the snow in their backyards is all but gone??

yea, wish you'd made it up...it was like a warmish winter day (think it stayed above freezing all day), no lines, quiet. and i think you saw the reference to 'pick your fresh line all day'?

might do platt again saturday if yr interested...and maybe MRG sunday

Yeah, Platt is definitely on my radar for this weekend. With a little snow leading into the weekend and some warmer temps sat/sun, it could be very fun.

Anyone interested in going up on Washington on Thursday? NOAA as of right now is forecasting sunny and 37 degree high w/ little wind. http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...&FcstType=text

I have an AT set up, full avy gear, and taken AIARE I.

Quote Originally Posted by umby View Post
    Anyone interested in going up on Washington on Thursday? NOAA as of right now is forecasting sunny and 37 degree high w/ little wind. http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...&FcstType=text

I have an AT set up, full avy gear, and taken AIARE I.
    I'm hoping for some manageable winter condition on Sunday. Need a partner.

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    FYI I don't see that high verifying. current high res models put 850 mb temps at around -4 to -6C thursday... in the sun i can that busting a bit high... but not by much...
    Going metric.. Me likely

How about this storm potential folks.. or are we not talking about fight club just yet..

i was just informed rudness that i was wrong btw... decent chance at warm temps... but it's not "in the bank" as a bit of cloud cover woudl limit the warming

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    How about this storm potential folks..
    what storm?... there is no storm... nope. havent'heard nothin

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I'm hoping for some manageable winter condition on Sunday. Need a partner.
    I could be in for Sunday... I was planning on being over at Killington Friday-Sunday, but if the weather and conditions are manageable on Sunday I would be down.

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    i was just informed rudness that i was wrong btw... decent chance at warm temps... but it's not "in the bank" as a bit of cloud cover woudl limit the warming
    Either way thanks for the heads up... Forecasts are constantly changing so any insight is more than welcome as I am far from a meteorologist!

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Anyways... Enough negativity.....

But to explain myself a little better, I'm an all-inclusive kind of guy and I really don't get what all the fuss is about on here. I thought it was a thread to share the collective fun from everyone everywhere on the EC regardless of caliber of the snow or skiers and I really like it that way- You can have a toddler's literal first turns on the same page as a legit first descent and to me that's radness squared..... and I'd like to get back to just having fun and high-fivein' everyone I can reach while sliding on snow now if that's cool.
    Quoted and edited for truth

I haven't been following this thread much in the past few months because I got sick of the bitch fest and I didn't have time to read through all of it. I did however miss the stoke, this thread brings it, unfortunately it was obscured with crap. Stoke is a feeling, not a measure of gnar. A kid sliding on snow has as much stoke as _insert mag here_ ripping trees at Magic or as much as a retiree flying down a groomer on a sunny day or Seth Morrison ripping hudge AK lines or a first descent of a line in the Presidentials- you get the point. Stoke is really just a measure and interpretation of a specific type of fun.

I like stoke. I don't like cock waving drama.

(all this from a guy who never posts any stoke, but I like to keep my picture taking and skiing separate)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Someone put this into a flow chart:

People take pictures of people who they ski with on here and post them. Some people (mostly, but not always, people in the photos) comment on them. Other people feel drowned out, so they lash out negatively. In retaliation, sexual preference and/or orientation gets questioned. Someone else jumps in and complains about the negativity. Another person echoes quickly, "look at all this negativity, THINK ABOUT THE LURKERS!" Lurkers continue to lurk except when WoodlandClown jumps in to hurl an insult at DoWork.

And so it goes.

edit to add: anyone want a free ticket to Black Mountain or Mount Snow? freebies, I won't use them.
    Last edited by ex-powderbroker; 03-29-2011 at 09:54 AM.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi