Page 385 of 465 FirstFirst ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,625 of 11608

GOOD FRIDAY 4/22

the tux side. shit show when done wrong, country club powdah skiing when done right. what a day. not a great pic, but the trax are proof of pow.

rog
    Last edited by icelanticskier; 04-26-2011 at 02:29 PM.

A parable from Tolstoy for MrsB:

Three monks lived on a faraway island. Nobody ever went there, but one day their bishop decided to make a pastoral visit. When he arrived, he discovered that the monks didn't even know the Lord's Prayer. So he spent all his time and energy teaching them the "Our Father" and then left, satisfied with his pastoral work. But when his ship had left the island and was back in the open sea, he suddenly noticed the three hermits walking on the water-in fact, they were running after the ship! When they reached it, they cried, "Dear Father, we have forgotten the prayer you taught us!"

Thank you for your wisdom, O MrsBishop.

Sincerely,
    The monks of TGR

First Friday in a long time I couldn't get out to MTW. Figures it was a pow day. Nice job Rog!!! Glad someone got it.
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

^nice edit, pussy! it was meant to be disgusting, thanks for validating. fuck off FIS!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    First Friday in a long time I couldn't get out to MTW. Figures it was a pow day. Nice job Rog!!! Glad someone got it.
    well i never ski on fridays, and had to do some seriously sleep deprived o dark 30 driving to make the shit happen. had already driven up and skied mon/tues and completely shattered my, "only drive north once a week to ski, rule". but with family easter stuff and a long potentially shitty forecast looming as april does, i just couldn't pass it up. was expecting mix of new and old, but found mostly deep new. choosing to go for that area which has a bunch of north to go with east was a sound call as "mankfest" was avoided.

my only gripe is not getting to take a run with the vermont boyz. work got in the way. nuther time.

slopes should be pretty smooth and that mank from the last couple of days melted away to give us some prime time corn bliss on the established long season runners. friday/saturday look great maybe. i may have to pull another o dark 30 later this week.........................

rog

Mt. Ellen would be fun. GP keep me posted, not sure what my plans are yet but weather looks good. I might be able to round up a few more people if needed.

Check out pics from Apr 17 in this gallery:
    http://www.sugarbush.com/content/pho...?pid=94&id=973

Quote Originally Posted by MrsG View Post
    Have been a lurker for a very loooooooooooong time since TC dissed me for offering a "free ticket" as a "troll" to Killington last season . . . yet many from the whole TGR maggot world offered TC help after his accident a year ago . . . well, I'm kind of embarrassed as an EC skier that you are all so full of yourselves that you cannot offer congrats to Andy for what he has been able to do up in Alaska after his misfortune . . . and a commemoration time for him . . .
    I am confused on this one as well? anything I said was certainly said in jest about killington. I ski there myself. I did start a fund raiser for another fallen sit skier on this board IRA and kicked it off with a monetary contribution from myself. What andy has done is significant. Not sure why you feel the need to come on here and chastise us for not praising it enough??? I am guessing? again very confused. Like missy g was caught in some kind of worm hole and just reappeared with a comment from a year ago??

Moving on- I know vtfree may ban me from the valley , but again I am in for a mag party, I will be on the skin train if it there is overflow, I could take or leave riding the cat, rather dave the coin. I think I skin summit would be historic. Picture 30 mags on the skin track.

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    oh and rog is not the only one who skied the ze powder that day, I know they are pics from us and dont warrant posting but at least its not flat

Last edited by thin cover; 04-26-2011 at 07:30 AM.

i REALLY like image #3. those two look very happy. hehe. nice hair too. woot.

rog

nice pics tc!! i saw them when browsing not logged in, and meant to comment on them. wish i could have been there. but as you (and rog) know, I was bound to VT for a large variety of reasons.

i do have to point out that you're pulling "a me" with the one-up repost to assert that you skied the pow too it's all good though. good stoke deserves more airtime anyway.

anyone else seriously tired of buttahflake? i don't get what you're trying to accomplish dude.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Moving on- I know vtfree may ban me from the valley , but again I am in for a mag party, I will be on the skin train if it there is overflow, I could take or leave riding the cat, rather dave the coin. I think I skin summit would be historic. Picture 30 mags on the skin track.
    maybe we should just ditch the idea of the cat, and just plan a big skintrack bash at ellen this weekend? i'm down. i'd just want to ski and take photos.

only problem is that we'd need to be a little more covert in organization, since i'm sure SBush would get word of the plan if we're looking to be a group of skinners 25 strong, and be waiting to shut us down....

Quote Originally Posted by eug View Post
    Mt. Ellen would be fun. GP keep me posted, not sure what my plans are yet but weather looks good. I might be able to round up a few more people if needed.

Check out pics from Apr 17 in this gallery:
    http://www.sugarbush.com/content/pho...?pid=94&id=973
    will do. in the meantime stop spamming out the roll call thread with stoke from a mtn we're trying to plan a party at. sheesh. wtf?!

^^^ nah really not trying to rub it in. Was just stoked my return had pretty decent conditions. Not stoked on my plum exploding on me and recreating last years catastrophe to an extent. Plus your seasons are never lacking in sportiness! not going to get me to feel sorry for you ;0)

as far as buttah- he has been a tremendous friend throughout my recovery more then I would have expected from a fairly recent acquaintance. These are reasons why we all need to party together on snow on a hill, to iron these kinks out.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    ^^^ nah really not trying to rub it in. Was just stoked my return had pretty decent conditions. Not stoked on my plum exploding on me and recreating last years catastrophe to an extent. Plus your seasons are never lacking in sportiness! not going to get me to feel sorry for you ;0)

as far as buttah- he has been a tremendous friend throughout my recovery more then I would have expected from a fairly recent acquaintance. These are reasons why we all need to party together on snow on a hill, to iron these kinks out.
    just joshing around.

i agree with the last sentence, and i'm excited to learn about the side of buttah that I could possibly imagine being friends with. it's hard for me to imagine based on the low level of humanity he has extended to me, but as i've told him, i don't dislike anyone till I meet them in person.

skintrack party at mt ellen then. i'm game. save the 75$ pp, and put it towards kegs

GREAT STOKE from all that posted....seems like friday was a great day to be out and about up high......Would be up for a party either way by cat or skin just need the details ......
    always forward but never straight

NICE!

love those photos, d! nice that you guys didn't have to get on it so early to score nice pow up high!

the bushfest sounds like a great time!

greg, buttah, you guys are both great guys and skiers. i couldn't possibly imagine you two not getting along. the intertoobz aren't the best place to grow friendships anyway.

i'm feeling very canadian at the moment, for some reasons

time to head to the beach to surf some thigh high junk. gots nuthin better to do.......

rog

speaking of being canadian.. good times in the gaspé this weekend

jgb@etree Guest
    If the #'s can be found and the cat arranged for next weekend, I'm definitely in. Hell, without a formal mini this winter, it's probably the last chance to make it happen before the snow is gone. Even if it turns into a skin-fest, I'll happily park myself in a chair at the bottom with beer & a bbq grill if the weather is nice.

I know I missed a bangin' Ullrfest this fall, but it resulted in a great winter. Perhaps this is a good chance to get everyone together and thank Ullr for the snow he brought this year?

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    If the #'s can be found and the cat arranged for next weekend, I'm definitely in. Hell, without a formal mini this winter, it's probably the last chance to make it happen before the snow is gone. Even if it turns into a skin-fest, I'll happily park myself in a chair at the bottom with beer & a bbq grill if the weather is nice.

I know I missed a bangin' Ullrfest this fall, but it resulted in a great winter. Perhaps this is a good chance to get everyone together and thank Ullr for the snow he brought this year?
    I agree with all of this.

Unfortunately, even with the few remaining ski options for 5/7+5/8 unless we have a catered party by shelburne farms with an undercard of macuso and vonn slush wrestling, you couldn't get this thread to set aside the beef.

Anyway, I'll be skiing somewhere that weekend, and if it's skinning at Ellen with everyone here, or on Steins or Bear Mountain or Mount Washington, it'd be great to see as many faces as possible. I don't really see the 24 people throwing down for the CAT, so let's just get a party somewhere.

Fuck, we can skin OKEMO and then buttah will have to go!

edit to add, we should obviously head to le gaspe.

second add: what the hell happened to Arewolfe?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I am in for said party. I need to gtfo of this shop. Im a cot away from living here and that's BULLSHIT I tells ya. I need to slide on snow, drink beer and high five people while I still can. Preferrably all at once.

LGB is dead on with giving thanks to Ullr. Dude fkn delivered this year. I'm currently looking for a virgin to sacrifice, I'll let you know how it works out.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    second add: what the hell happened to Arewolfe?
    When I visited him up at Jay in early March he had mentioned his computer had crashed and wasn't on here too often as a result.

I think a lot of tits would be soaked if he started posting again.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

^^^Living the true life of a ski bum. Can't even get on the interwebs.

Forgive me if this has already been suggested but couldn't this nonsense be resolved by a simple

Wait for it....

Keep Waiting...

CHINESE DOWNHILL!

Cat

I'm in for the cat if it happens

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    I'm currently looking for a virgin to sacrifice, I'll let you know how it works out.
    I'm willing to bet Mrs.G qualifies... (EDIT: Not trying to stoke hate flames, just couldn't resist.)

It'd be fun to do this cat thing, but this wkend is out for me... Earth Day festivities (though I can't think of a better place to be then.)

Bottleman, WTF is a Chinese downhill?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!