Page 455 of 465 FirstFirst ... 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... LastLast
Results 11,351 to 11,375 of 11608
    I heard Keene Valley was evacuated, the fire station was swept away and two bridges are out...

http://www.killingtonzone.com/forums...a44c0&start=15

There's larger photos of KBL collapse.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Yes. That's confirmed....there's gotta be more damage as well. If you know where the fire station is you have to imagine many more things on that side of the road are in trouble.

Holy crap. That damage is intense, Vermont looks more like Brazil than part of the US. Hope everyone here made it through ok, and that everyone else can start putting stuff back together as soon as possible. I wish NYC could have taken some of that water off your hands before Irene got up there. The general news media sure got this storm wrong, and I wonder what will happen in the future if we're going to be in a hurricane track after they cried wolf down here.

Vibes to all. Scary stuff.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    I heard Keene Valley was evacuated, the fire station was swept away and two bridges are out...
    Any word if 73 is passable through to lake placid? I have a friend who just left Boston on her way home to LP.

Some more photos on a Facebook page that was set up. Waiting to hear reports from an uncle in ADK (Speculator).
    Last edited by nfaust; 08-29-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Wow, that is crazy devastation in VT. How did none of this stuff make the news? Hope everyone is ok.

Good point LH, lots of people are going to need help in NY and VT. Vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    How did none of this stuff make the news?
    because all the news stations are busy dealing with the fact that a bunch of people in the NYC metro area may have had their lives inconvenienced because smarter people then them decided that it was better to over prepare for a storm instead of counting on the sheeple to actually think for themselves
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

strange storm. we barely had any rain yet north was hammered.

wave are clean today.

yesterday

Pretty incredible shot from Williams River at Brockways Mills in Rockingham.

Any word if 73 is passable through to lake placid? I have a friend who just left Boston on her way home to LP

73 is closed from the ski jumps to keene & 86 is closed from LP to wilmington

Quote Originally Posted by nfaust View Post
    Pretty incredible shot from Williams River at Brockways Mills in Rockingham.
    holy shit! that's like ten miles from my place in walpole. the difference those ten miles made is fucked. we had maybe four inches of rain and almost no wind. no problems here, but the town i work in, totally different story. posi-vibes sent.

ludlow, is where i work.
    crab in my shoe mouth

few more wilmington pictures.

Wilmington PD

Maple Leaf brewing co

Water Level

vibes and sorry to hear about keene, KV, jay, etc. anyone from up there checking in yet? i'm sure ron and his group must be devastated and working like crazy. that whole area floods frequently in town behind the river in any bad storm or melting. anyone hear any news from the mountaineer?

anyone have any info about north troy / mansonville area? wondering about my buddy's cabin near Owl's Head, QC. Seems to have been less affected, but the Missiquoi is still up 12 feet and above 100 year levels

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/vt/nwis/uv?site_no=04293000

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    vibes and sorry to hear about keene, KV, jay, etc. anyone from up there checking in yet? i'm sure ron and his group must be devastated and working like crazy. that whole area floods frequently in town behind the river in any bad storm or melting. anyone hear any news from the mountaineer?
    I've heard word that Phinneas and Woodlandclown are fine and their place is ok.
    Not sure about any others.
    I'm sure it's not great regardless.

We should see if we can get something going w/r/t ski gear. Possibly a number of people may have lost that crap if sheds/garages/basements flooded.
    who knows...we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Warren Falls

WOW. Knowing very well what this area usually looks like, I am absolutely speechless.

Vibes to everyone around Vermont who has been affected by the flooding.
    No kick turns
    No mercy

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post

73 is closed from the ski jumps to keene & 86 is closed from LP to wilmington
    Thanks for the info. Vibes to those in NY/VT affected by the flood waters.

ABC News has some footage from the region - including Margaretville (just south of Plattekill).

hope all in VT, ADK's etc are safe and getting things straightened out today.
    i think the devastation in VT fails to work with the 'storm was a bust in the NE' narrative that seems to dominate the coverage.

good coverage today on democracy now

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    hope all in VT, ADK's etc are safe and getting things straightened out today.
    i think the devastation in VT fails to work with the 'storm was a bust in the NE' narrative that seems to dominate the coverage.

good coverage today on democracy now
    The problem with all this is that shitty TV weather people take cues from shitty TV weather people. All they talk about is wind speed and saffir-simpson. In the NE the biggest problems with Hurricanes is the rain. We have mountains. 7 inches of rain + mountains is a fuckin nightmare. Similarly when a storm like Katrina hits at a cat 3 instead of a cat 5 people relax. Nevermind that it's got the energy of a cat. 5 storm and possible one of the three most powerful hurricanes to make landfall ever.
    Not that any of thsi could have been avoided ....but the "it was a bust talk" comes for a lack of understanding. And one day that will lead to somebody drowing when they don't need to.

jgb@etree Guest
    Not nearly as bad as a lot of the footage we're just seeing, but I just came across this pic of the Okemo access rd:

Potentially the worst news so far ... the Alchemist is going to be closed for a long while.

^I just saw that atkinson, so shitty. Here is the article I saw-
    http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/food...03-2011_1.html

best of luck to everyone back home

Curious if anyone knows how jamaica vt held up......Again Vibes to all.........
    always forward but never straight