Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I suppose I could add something to this thread.

When I was flying around the world to rip the gnar with uber excellent pro skier rich dudes, I brought my airbag along. Luckily, mainly due to our excellent route finding and snowpack stability expertise, no one in our party had to use their airbags.

edit: ahh fark it angrys sorta on the right track.

my guess would be the h2o vapour would be in the air they put in the canister and would condense on everything including valves or whatever following decompression. You wouldnt have to get anywhere near the freezing temp of o2 or n2 to get that to happen. So to stop that happening you wanna use completely dry air in the cannister (as in void of h2o), and I dont know anything about diving, but that might be kinda hard to get. we're talking car airbag air...

2nd edit for caj post below: not really aimed at anyone in particular... really just this whole douchey-ass "community"
    Last edited by theshredder; 04-24-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Guess that was aimed at me. To clarify, closer to the dirtbag end of the spectrum than the uber excellent pro skier rich dude end.

Carried the airbag once with me on a plane where I spent the night under the lovely cascading water wall at the Calgary Airport before taking the Greyhound to Golden, BC where I stayed at the most excellent hostel. Hitched up to Roger's Pass and stayed at the Wheeler and Asulkan Huts.

The second time I used the pack was on a road trip to the Chic Chocs in the Gaspesie.

Felt worth the weight of the carry both times, which has worked out to once a year for the two years I have owned it.

Hope I never pull the cord and try to keep conscious that I don't want to change my thinking because I am wearing one.

Not feeling the battery powered pack in my future.

edit:I know quite a bit about diving and dry air is what you get at the dive shops.

Where in the greater Seattle area can a guy get filled up?

Wait.... not my ass, my BCA canister.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151444679374...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Found this on eBay. I should be able to fill my BCA float canister here at work. I work for the fire department and we obviously have plenty of scba's. Id be willing to bet if you had a friendly local fire department they would also be willing to help you fill your canister with this adaptor and their tanks.

ETA: This did work and it's easy as pie. Stoked I don't have to drive 100 miles round-trip to refill my canniister. Hope I'll only be refilling once a year post yearly test.
    Last edited by cptpowder; 11-29-2014 at 11:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    We don't make those skis specifically for Andy, but we make them specifically for kick-ass skiers like Andy who use them in freeride comps and the everyday comp where they compete against themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by cptpowder View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/151444679374...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Found this on eBay. I should be able to fill my BCA float canister here at work. I work for the fire department and we obviously have plenty of scba's. Id be willing to bet if you had a friendly local fire department they would also be willing to help you fill your canister with this adaptor and their tanks.

ETA: This did work and it's easy as pie. Stoked I don't have to drive 100 miles round-trip to refill my canniister. Hope I'll only be refilling once a year post yearly test.
    Bumping up an old thread here. It doesn't look like that adapter has a bleed off valve? It seems like that would be key, or do you just disconnect with pressure in the system?

Just to add my 2 cents:

Mammut now has a canister rental option available in Japan: http://www.mammutavalanchesafety.com/2016/11/mammut-airbag-cylinders-available-in.html

And a hand pump option when you can't get to a scuba/paintball store: http://www.mammutavalanchesafety.com...with-hill.html

An SCBA filling system usually has a bleed valve on the fill hose.
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    We don't make those skis specifically for Andy, but we make them specifically for kick-ass skiers like Andy who use them in freeride comps and the everyday comp where they compete against themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by cptpowder View Post
    An SCBA filling system usually has a bleed valve on the fill hose.
    True. For some reason all of Mammut's videos that show the process show them filling from a tank, but I could just use the system.