Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49
Results 1,201 to 1,218 of 1218
    If anyone is looking to do the cuff lean adjustment mod described by Lou

https://www.wildsnow.com/7174/dynafi...f-lean-adjust/

Here is part number and invoice - think they were 25-30$ shipped - thanks to Jonathan S for contact beta

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Also note that getting the pin that holds that piece to the lower boot out is a fucking pain in the ass. You'll want a lot of liquor on hand.

This mod alone wasn't enough for me either, so I shimmed the toes as well, which is easy as hell with Sollyfits, and now they ski awesome.

While this thread is seeing some action, anyone have experience with the B & D ultimate cuff pivot? https://www.wildsnow.com/11467/ultim...andd-ski-gear/

I know Lou reports it still working well with 100+ days on his TLT6P but would be great to hear from others as well. Slop is getting bad in my TLT5P and am debating if its worth the coin ($90 plus shop labor) to try to breathe some new life into them.

Anyone tried to drill out and remount the top buckle? It really seems to me that they are in the wrong place so the peg doesn't fit down the centre of the hole:

Quote Originally Posted by altis View Post
    Anyone tried to drill out and remount the top buckle? It really seems to me that they are in the wrong place so the peg doesn't fit down the centre of the hole:

Somebody's gotten it to go in, the paint's all worn off the peg. Try flexing gently back and forth while pushing the buckle down.

If only it were that simple!

If I do the buckle up tight then the hole on the inside drifts the opposite way and the peg has to be thumped in.

I would hit the sides of the holes lightly with a dremel tool before I'd try to move the buckle 2 mm . . .

The main culprit is the hole in the metal insert on the strut inside (this is the RH boot):

There really isn't that much room to the edge of the metal - see left hand piece in NoPostholio's pic above.

Here's the peg of the right hand clip:

This one can be really difficult to get undone. Notice how the base of the peg is slightly worn down so there is a bit of a lip.

As I see it there are 3 choices: make the holes bigger, make the peg smaller or move the clip. I feel the last is the best, if more difficult, solution.

I had that problem on my TLT5M. Fixed it by filing the peg. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by altis View Post
    I feel the last is the best, if more difficult, solution.
    Sounds like you've already made up your mind. So how are you going to move the buckle 2-3mm without changing the angle of pull?

TLT5 problem

Hi all,

I’ve got some issues and I was hoping you could give me some pointers/advice, based on extensive experience you have with this boots.

So here goes – statistics:
    – TLT5 Mountain, size 28, bought second hand, slightly used
    – TF-X liner
    – my feet size in mm – left 271 mm, right 275 mm
    – Speed Superlite bindings

The thing is, I have a very annoying pain while skinning, as the lower buckle/tongue is rubbing my bone in the front, just above the ankle. On both feet. I just started with AT and I can’t imagine using this setup for something longer then one hour uphill, let alone going on a multiday tour.
    I’ve already been to local ski shop to have the liners thermoformed.
    While skinning, I have lower buckle closed quite snug, but not too tight. Upper buckle is open with cable clipped in, and the power strap is open/loose, but inserted in the metal rectangle eyelet.
    I really cannot figure this one out. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to mod my boots to fit me perfectly and be as comfortable as I’d like them to be.
    Photo of exact bruise spot can be seen in my album (sorry for not shaving my legs before ). Unfortunately I can't post attachments or links yet.

I was also thinking, that the liner could be deformed in some way and has a fold/wrinkle from heating the liner and then closing thee boot buckles thus creating the overlap.

Any ideas on what to do? I'm really desperate. I was thinking of buying new liner, but for little bit more I can get new TLT6, so not woth it.

Y, do u take the removable tongues out when skinning ? If not try that.

Splitter w tlt5s here...

-aftermarket liners
    -footbed of choice
    -good boot fitter can shape the tlt5 shell to give more room where needed (to a limit)

Sounds like your feet just need some boots w custom fitting.

Gl

Tnx for the suggestions. I don't use removable tongue when skinning. I just uploaded the photo again. Looks like it failed to upload yesterday.

After some experimenting I came to the conclusion, that I have to insert thicker foodbeds for my foot to sit higher in the shoe. The pressure point I get is from lower buckle.

Quote Originally Posted by yovo View Post
    After some experimenting I came to the conclusion, that I have to insert thicker foodbeds for my foot to sit higher in the shoe. The pressure point I get is from lower buckle.
    I had a similar pressure point and with the wrong footbeds the boots were just painful, but with the right ones they were bordering on perfect. The stock footbeds were wrong, my red superfeet were wrong (but are great in my Vulcans), but my eSoles were absolutely perfect.

Tongues for TLT5 Mountain MP 30.5 needed

Hello all, I recently bought used Dynafit TLT5 Mountain boots, MP 30.5, unfortunately without the tongues (aka. Dynafit downhill booster). I tried to buy the new tongues from local dealers, but with no success so far. I am looking for anyone who is not using the tongues and is willing to sell them. The tongue size should be the same for MP 30 and 30.5. I heard that the tongues for TLT6 Mountain are also compatible.

Than you for any offers/suggestions.

DIY Steve
    Are you still using TLT5s with telemark tech system? Any more thoughts on the combo? Thinking about trying it myself with Charger BCs.
    Appreciate any feedback you might have!