Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    greg hill put up a little equipment video while in chile this summer
    he brought two pair of boots; the TLT's and the Zzero's (Green ones)
    His skis were seven summits(?) and stokes.
    Said that when he rides the stokes he would be on the Zzero's, and that when on the seven summits he would ride the TLT's.
    From greghill.ca:

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hill
    The other day I tried a new gear combo that will be my weapons of choice for the rest of his quest. The Stokes 173 cm with the TLT5′s. I felt that the 182 overpowered the TLT5′s but the 173′s are awesome, powder slaying tools. Easy walking and powerfull shredding. Perfect.

I've read that Greg Hill skis the TLT5 Mountain, not the Performance. I can't figure out why (unless he has to pay for them or just doesn't see the point in them), but his comments about the 182 Stokes overpowering the TLT5 make me believe this even more. That being said, he certainly skis in trickier situations than I do so our perspectives are probably way off from each other's.

Quote Originally Posted by saxon.jones View Post
    I've read that Greg Hill skis the TLT5 Mountain, not the Performance. I can't figure out why (unless he has to pay for them or just doesn't see the point in them), but his comments about the 182 Stokes overpowering the TLT5 make me believe this even more. That being said, he certainly skis in trickier situations than I do so our perspectives are probably way off from each other's.
    There just weren't any around at that time. Maybe like 3 pairs in North America.

Quote Originally Posted by dauwhe View Post
    From greghill.ca:
    nice follow-up, thanks.
    Aggressive in my own mind

I should also add that having tried on both the Mountain and Performance versions, the Performance felt much stiffer. Combined with the forward flex point as U.C.L. put it the Mountains felt like they would be unskiably soft for me. I'm sure they will be great for those that like the flex point and don't mind a softer boot. The walk mode on either is mind boggling.

well, after over 40 days on the TLT5 Perfo my opinion didn't change: AWESOME!

I m 62kg / 1m78, skiing virtually every day, professionally or for myself, in all sort of snow and the boot performs like no one before.

I skied; K2 Waybacks 174, Hardside 174,Coomback 181, Darkside 181, in Powder to Crude, slush to piste... So Far can't complain!

Can someone give me tips on how to put the wire for the lower buckle back in its slot? Mine came out in my hands, fortunately on the last run of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo-the-skier View Post
    Can someone give me tips on how to put the wire for the lower buckle back in its slot? Mine came out in my hands, fortunately on the last run of the day.
    Lucky you caught it in time! I didn't. Dynafit/Salewa only had the part for the 27, so it's short/tight on my 29.0's until they can get the right part in stock (next month??).

To reinsert, I used a flat blade screwdriver to press flat the outermost "fin", then insert wire loop through plastic loop. Once done, be sure the "fin" is in the upright position. I'm making it sounds more complicated than it is.

I'd also suggest making a loop of 3mm accessory cord, or similar, to keep in your pack for when you lose the wire loop in the BC.

Thanks for that info, Plinko, figured it out on my own.

Any suggestions on how to keep this from happening, keep the lower buckle wires in place?

Lee, I sent both Performance and Mountain to greg.. just he broke the cuff buckle hitting it super hard on a rock before leaving for south america of his performance ... this i the reason why he took the mountain ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    There just weren't any around at that time. Maybe like 3 pairs in North America.

aha! He got one of the three pairs - that makes sense Fede. Like most are saying keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Funny this forward lean issue - if anything I find them too upright.
    Thought the same - almost put me off buying it, Luckily I bought it, but I would have liked it to have the same forward lean as the zzero4c.

THis is a super hard issue... the tlt5 for some is too forward for some too less... but we are developinig a "system" to make the forward lean adjustable, a nice "toy" inside the inner spoiler. not yet sure when but that new part will be available as an accessory soon for a few $$ ... I would say probably sept/october... It will be easy to change it and will allow the possibility to adjust the forward lean (in house) from a standard angle (actual) to a 3-4° more forward.
    Ciao

Quote Originally Posted by hilmersen View Post
    Thought the same - almost put me off buying it, Luckily I bought it, but I would have liked it to have the same forward lean as the zzero4c.

Quote Originally Posted by Federico View Post
    ...we are developinig a "system" to make the forward lean adjustable, a nice "toy" inside the inner spoiler. not yet sure when but that new part will be available as an accessory soon for a few $$ ... I would say probably sept/october... It will be easy to change it and will allow the possibility to adjust the forward lean (in house) from a standard angle (actual) to a 3-4° more forward.
    Ciao
    This is excellent news! Thank you Fede! Love the TLT5's, they're truly revolutionary! This latest addition will make them even more outstanding!

With narrow skis, it's not much of an issue for me, but I have a pair of K2 Sidestash skis (108mm under foot). With the "early rise tips" it creates a need for more lean angle. Currently mounted with Vertical ST bindings and have been considering swapping the toe base plates to use TLT Speed Classic toe base plates to give more forward lean angle. Seems like it would only give 1° or 2° more lean angle...Anyone tried this?

Or you could make some risers out of cutting board, as thick as you want, and put it under the heel piece.......

Quote Originally Posted by Plinko View Post
    Currently mounted with Vertical ST bindings and have been considering swapping the toe base plates to use TLT Speed Classic toe base plates to give more forward lean angle. Seems like it would only give 1° or 2° more lean angle...Anyone tried this?
    No, but considering doing the reverse (pairing Speed heels with Comfort/ST toe baseplates) to a friend's skis to lessen ramp angle - anyone have any Speed/Classic heels they'd like to sell?

For all the talk about the heel pocket, I am surprised by mine. I just go the liners on new TLT5P cooked, and the heel pocket didn't snug up as I expected.

Just got mine, cant' believe I'm spending this much on boots. Just need some time to get on them now.

Davieboot, if I were you I'd cook them again. Make sure you really kick those heels in when the liner is soft. Also place a riser under the boot toes as you're cooling (like a 2x4 board, or something taller) to shift more of the weight into the heel pocket.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Finally got my first day on the TLT-5 Performance.

Was most recently skiing Full Tilt Bumblebee Pro boots on a Blizzard Titan Cronus in a 173cm (123-88-115).

Size 28.5 TLT-5 Performance using Dynafit FT12 bindings mounted on 173cm Movement Jams (136-85-117).

I'm 100kg stripped (more than likely closer to 120kg with all the skiing paraphenalia) and 188cm in height.

Skied them inbounds at Popova Shapka, Macedonia, piste and off-piste.

The base was old snow and submerged foliage with the odd rock thrown in for good measure with 20-40cm of light powder on top depending on aspect and wind transport. By day's end it was chopped and hardening crud where people had been skiing.

Wore them straight out of the box with no footbed or liner heating / moulding. Didn't have the chance to get them done in Wales or here in Macedonia.

One word. AMAZING

Best first day in new boots by a country mile.

Stiff as I need and better performance than my Full Tilts.

Felt like I could turn on a sixpence. Pivotting was a dream. So too laying the skis on edge and carving on-piste.

No blisters or skin rub. One hot spot on my right foot on the top most part of the arch. Easily rectified once I can get the liners sorted.

It was about -2 C and this is the least my feet have sweated in any boot. Normally soaked by days end. These liners felt a little damp and that's it.

Also love the upright cuff. Suits my skiing style.

The walk to and from the lifts was a breeze.

Thank you Dynafit. And thanks to all on this thread for the info. Best purchase.

Highly recommended.

I finally got a full day (a couple miles of walking, plus ~3000 ft vert up and down) on my TLT5 Ps, and just like everyone else is saying, they rock. The weight is shocking, the walk mode fantastic, and the responsiveness (with the tongue in) is definitely on par with a solid alpine boot. The forward lean is a bit goofy and took some getting used to. I may try to mod it later, but it wasn't so far back that I couldn't ski. The bellows on the liner (I forget what they call it exactly... flexisomething) is smooth too. I went the full day working my ass off without any blisters. That is a big deal to me, especially for a brand new boot. And even though the fit didn't seem perfect (I posted about the heel pocket previously), it really wasn't a problem. I will probably re-cook the liners at some point, but it isn't a pressing issue.

I am most pleased, though potentially concerned about the reliability. I have no real reason for this, other than the boot seems too good not to have some reliability issues. I also experienced the cable on the lower buckle sneaking out somehow when I tried them on in the shop, but no issues in the field so far.

That's it for now, until I get some more days on them.

One more new user report. 3 days of touring with Manaslus and I'm so energized about touring again. Feel like I'm flying uphill (compared to my Scarpa Matrix).

Been skiing them without the tongue for simplicity. At first they felt a little overly stiff with out the progressive flex I like. I did figure out that I could pull my pants over the slot in the back, then buckle the top and thus keep the shell from locking into ski mode. Way soft in this set up, but for the perfect boot top powder I was skiing I preferred it. Skiing some wind effect yesterday I went for the lock mode and it seemed fine. Messing with the boots at home, with the tongue in the flex seemed a little more progressive, so that might be the real answer.

Thanks Dynafit!

Just got Intuition Pro Tours molded for my TLT5 Ps. Relying on Cosmos' (of Cosmos' Foot Werks in Truckee), I went with a size smaller than my 27.0 shell size. The liners were too tight after the first cooking, my foot went numb after 15 mintues. I had them cooked a second time, because Intuitions pack out a bit more every time you cook them. This time they are much more comfortable, but still a little on the tight side. Can anyone with Intuition experience tell me if/how much they will pack out with use? I read the Intuition threads on Wildsnow and part of the one on Tech Talk but couldn't get this information.

Foward and rear flex in tour mode (in my living room) in the Pro Tours is comparable to the stock Dynafit liners. Haven't skied them yet but they feel stiffer in ski mode.

The 27.0 stock Dyna liners weigh 0.7lbs a pair, the 26.0 pro tours weigh 1lb a pair, but that includes the laces.

Main reason I went with the Pro Tours was because I wanted a warmer liner for a hut trip to Canada.

On an 8 hour today in my stock liners with a long traverse in one direction, I did develope a blister in the stock liner, which feels loose but until now was problem free in terms of fit. I am thinking of trying Lou's advice of turning a lace up ankle brace into a liner tie down.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo-the-skier View Post
    Just got Intuition Pro Tours molded for my TLT5 Ps. Relying on Cosmos' (of Cosmos' Foot Werks in Truckee), I went with a size smaller than my 27.0 shell size. The liners were too tight after the first cooking, my foot went numb after 15 mintues. I had them cooked a second time, because Intuitions pack out a bit more every time you cook them. This time they are much more comfortable, but still a little on the tight side. Can anyone with Intuition experience tell me if/how much they will pack out with use? I read the Intuition threads on Wildsnow and part of the one on Tech Talk but couldn't get this information.

Foward and rear flex in tour mode (in my living room) in the Pro Tours is comparable to the stock Dynafit liners. Haven't skied them yet but they feel stiffer in ski mode.

The 27.0 stock Dyna liners weigh 0.7lbs a pair, the 26.0 pro tours weigh 1lb a pair, but that includes the laces.

Main reason I went with the Pro Tours was because I wanted a warmer liner for a hut trip to Canada.

On an 8 hour today in my stock liners with a long traverse in one direction, I did develope a blister in the stock liner, which feels loose but until now was problem free in terms of fit. I am thinking of trying Lou's advice of turning a lace up ankle brace into a liner tie down.
    Curious as to what his reasoning was for going to the smaller size liner. Because they'll pack out eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Curious as to what his reasoning was for going to the smaller size liner. Because they'll pack out eventually?
    I think because the stock liner is very thin and my foot is a tight fit in the TLT5. Also, the TLT5 is a 27.0 but has a BSL of 297.