Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Hmm how many of you started to think "maybe I should stick with my current touring boots and wait on confirm/denial of that carbon Titan..." just after a bit of speculating?

I am ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Moralkaka View Post
    Hmm how many of you started to think "maybe I should stick with my current touring boots and wait on confirm/denial of that carbon Titan..." just after a bit of speculating?

I am ;-)
    hahah pretty true, but one doing so mights till be skiing in a scarpa laser.. we ren't even skiing the new boots that we re looking forward to new stuff... enjoy the moment! easy to say i know.. ;-)

If you want to speculate over what might be tantalizing glimpses, then watch the Dynafit pants videos on the International English website (which show a boot with what looks like those after-market levers for the F1, but the boot sure isn't an F1).

Did I ever mentioned a super titan? ... I don't think so ;-)

Aha! Confirmed!

What weight? What materials? How much? When's it available? Swappable sole blocks? Need a beta tester? Etc, etc?

Heh... Think more on the lines of blending a titan and a TLT into one boot...

Fredrico, could you go into more detail about the differences between the TF-X (Mountain) liner and the TF (Performance Liner)? Are they both heat moldable? What differences do they have other than the laces on TF-X? I am waiting to get a TLT5 Performance, but I am considering getting the TF-X liner, which has laces, as in previous AT boots, I have always gotten heel blisters unless I used a lace up liner, or copiously taped my heel.

Anyone know how much the TF, the TF-X, and Intuition Pro Tour liners weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by harpo-the-skier View Post
    According to a Dynafit 2010/2011 catalogue I've come across, the TLT5 TF liner is 160g, the TLT5 TF-X liner is 300g. Not sure about the Intuition but I'm sure Crystal will weigh it and tell you if you ask.

Here's the catalogue I'm looking at out of interest:

Dynafit catalogue (20MB, so right-click, save)

Liner weights for the TLT5 are on p48.

I posted the Pro Tour liner weight in the Wildsnow review. Ditto the TF-X liner weight; in either a ZZeus or Titan review

^ In that pdf the TLT5 TF-X liner is lighter than the TF-X used in the Titan and ZZeus by 110g.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    ^ In that pdf the TLT5 TF-X liner is lighter than the TF-X used in the Titan and ZZeus by 110g.
    Affirmative - I should have clarified that my reference was to the ZZeus/Titan version of the TF-X liners. I didn't realize harpo was asking about the TLT5 versions; my mistake

Harpo,
    TF liner is Dynafit's version of the classic full thermoformable liner. It means reduced to the minimum, no frills, no laces, no rubberized sole...
    The main Usp's are:
    - 100% thermo form abilities, if properly done it offers a perfect fit
    - Lightness.
    They are made with similar technologies as any other thermoformable liners on the market, intuition, garmont's g-fit and so on. Of course similar but not equal, every producer has different features.
    TLT-5 Tf also features a flex zone on the collar for better walkability and is super light, approx 160gr for a 27,5.

TF-X liners are Dynafit's interpretation of classic lace up liners. The idea was to combine the out of the box comfort, the durability, the lace up and rubberized sole of traditional ski mountaineering liners with the possibility to thermoform. The padding material on the strategic areas is in fact the same of the TF liner. It means that in case of needs also these liners can be heated and thermoformed.
    They are of course heavier than TF, on the TLT5 the 27,5 is approx.300gr and also offers a flex zone on the collar.
    Main usp's are:
    - Durability
    - Easiness of use and instant fit (no need of thermoforming for 90% of the people)
    - Laces + rubberized soles for a better hut use
    - Nice looking
    ZZeus + TITAN TF-X liner have the same features and technology but they are heavier, thicker more tongue reinforcment and so on.

I don't have a suggestion on which is the best... it really depends from personal taste... I personally always use TF liners... much lighter and great fitting for my "special" feet after working them a little bit..
    I can assure that blisters problems on a boot like TLT5 is pretty solved... the super last and the cuff movement technology (the internal spoiler avoid the friction between liner and cuff while walking) really avoid your heel to move inside. Only pay attention not to buy a too big size... a wrong size in most of the cases is the main problem for heel blisters.
    The use of laces is not influent for heel blisters.

Fredrico, could you go into more detail about the differences between the TF-X (Mountain) liner and the TF (Performance Liner)? Are they both heat moldable? What differences do they have other than the laces on TF-X? I am waiting to get a TLT5 Performance, but I am considering getting the TF-X liner, which has laces, as in previous AT boots, I have always gotten heel blisters unless I used a lace up liner, or copiously taped my heel.

I just opened up the box containing my TLT 5 performance. Obviously haven't skied them but all I have to say is this is the coolest touring boot I've ever seen. I own Titans, Factors and Megarides and awhile back had Adrenalines. This boot is so light, walk mode is insane, transitions from ski mode to tour mode super fast and the fit for my very low volume foot (except my foot isn't the usual narrow foot) is so good and snug. Great heel hold!! I think it was Marshalolsen that made a comment about the fit (ankle and heel being held) being as important if not more so over the flex of the boot. I agree with that 100%, but what's so impressive is this boot is plenty stout along with that low volume fit that I have a hard time finding in AT boots. I listed my own AT boots for what I'm used to in terms of flex and to add to that I resort ski in a Nordica Doberman 150 plug boot and again this boot is plenty stout!!! Obviously I need to get out and ski it but this thing is pretty impressive!!!!!

Good info Snoop. In on the carpet testing, where does the TLT fall in your quiver of boots stiffness wise? It must be softer than the Factors and Titans, but by a lot or a little? Hopefully significantly stiffer than the Megarides? How do those two buckles do as far as tightening the boot, are they adequate? Just curious, what size did you get (I'm also in SLC and since no one seems to have them yet I'd be psyched to see them......)

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    According to a Dynafit 2010/2011 catalogue I've come across, the TLT5 TF liner is 160g, the TLT5 TF-X liner is 300g. Not sure about the Intuition but I'm sure Crystal will weigh it and tell you if you ask.

Here's the catalogue I'm looking at out of interest:

Dynafit catalogue (20MB, so right-click, save)

Liner weights for the TLT5 are on p48.
    I looked at the catologue but couldn't confirm: the 160/300g weight is for a single liner; you would have to double those figures for a pair?

Until I ski them its hard to compare but without a doubt they are significantly stiffer than the megaride. The two buckle system seems to hold the foot very well which I think is helped by the fit. I keep trying them on again and again and I'm so shocked something this light with a walk mode that is just silly can be so bomber feeling when in downhill mode. I'm hoping to get a walk and ski in up at Alta so I'll be able to give some valid feedback rather that the carpet test. I have a 28.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Federico View Post
    Did I ever mentioned a super titan? ... I don't think so ;-)
    Super titan, please talk about it, per favore...
    Aggressive in my own mind

Of course 160/300 is for a single liner.

I looked at the catologue but couldn't confirm: the 160/300g weight is for a single liner; you would have to double those figures for a pair?

Hoarhey, I din't said any Super Titan or Titan Ultralight is existing ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    Super titan, please talk about it, per favore...

Just skimmed through the Dyna catalogue. It claims the toe and heel of the TLT5 are made of more durable, more sticky rubber, and that you can resole just the heel and toes. That is a relief after the trouble I had getting anyone (Dave Page Cobbler and Rocky Mountain Resoles) to resole my Zzeros.

Also got a note from Crystal at Intuition telling me that the Pro Tour Liner is 475g/pair for a 26.0, though I am not sure what tongue she weighed. Doubling the figures in the Dyna catalogue, the TLT5 TF weighs 320g per pair, and the TLT5 TF-X weighs 600g per pair.

If I ever get a pair of these boots, I will mold and try the TF liner, and if my geet get cold or get blisters, I will try out a pro tour.

Hoarhey, I din't said any Super Titan or Titan Ultralight is existing ;-)
    While we're not saying that they exist, I wonder if we can not say when they are going to be released? So are we not confirming that they will be available late in the 2010/2011 season? or not confirming that they will be out in 2011/2012?

This message is too tricky for my poor english, sorry ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mday View Post
    While we're not saying that they exist, I wonder if we can not say when they are going to be released? So are we not confirming that they will be available late in the 2010/2011 season? or not confirming that they will be out in 2011/2012?

This message is too tricky for my poor english, sorry ;-)
    Translation:

Quote Originally Posted by mday View Post
    While we're not saying...we want them now...we are saying...we want them soon

I'm happy to offer my translation services on a regular basis. I charge only in carbon prototype boots.

I'll offer up my translation, since I can almost comprehend my own sentence.

A future carbon Super Titan seems to be an unconfirmed rumor. Without forcing anyone to talk about products they aren't allowed to talk about, are there any hints as to whether interesting new boots might be released mid-season this year, or will we have to wait until next season for new developments?

I'm torn between getting a Titan now, and putting up with the extra weight, or trying to get my hands on a TLT5 Performance this year even though these probably aren't the smartest choice for me. I'd hate to buy either of these only to have a lighter Titan-esque model come out late this year.

For reference to those that haven't pulled the trigger yet, there seems to be a bit of a line for the Performances... I ordered a pair from Marmot Mountain Works in Bellevue, WA back at the beginning of October, and the original estimate was Nov. 1. Well, apparently folks already had dibs on the entire first shipping crate, so the revised estimate is now Dec. 15. This in no way faults MMW, just saying that demand seems to be a bit higher than Dynafit anticipated, so if you want a set for this season, I'd put the order in now.