Marmot Genesis Jacket

Looking for one soft shell for both skiing and ice-climbing. I have a hardshell for nasty days. Does anyone have any experience with the Marmot Genesis Jacket? Found some of last years color on-line at discounted price. Thanks.

I have one. It's a great softshell. Lightweight but tough fabric with welded seams. Breathes well. Great abrasion resistance. The hood is a good size for a helmet. No real drawbacks as far as I could tell. That said I quit wearing mine a year ago when I switched to a heavier but slightly more breathable softshell (made with Schoeller WB400).

You wear an XL in Marmot? If so I'll gladly sell you mine for a lot less than you could get a new one online for.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

What shell did you switch to? I usually buy Patagonia and where a large. Marmot usually fits tight for me in a large so would be willing to try it. How old? Color? Price? Rips, tears, any defects? I'll try to find one locally and try on an XL. Sure interested. Send me a PM with details. Thanks.

I went with a custom softshell from Beyond Clothing. I love their gear...

PM coming your way shortly.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I picked one up this spring. Haven't had much time to put it through the real rigors of winter yet, but I like it so far. Good cut. Seems like good construction. Back might be a little short, but that's about all I can think of.

I've been using a Genesis softshell for four seasons so far. I love it. It still looks new, nothing has gone wrong with it, very warm, perfect size hood to fit over a helmet, the weight is reasonable too. The only complaint I have is that it is a little short, but its never really been an issue. Its a pricey jacket so if you can get a deal on it, I'd pull the trigger.