Page 47 of 110 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2728
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Actually, I recall something somewhere in the books about greenseeing into a powerful mind (human, dragon) can have very bad side effects and was forbidden. Any other book nerds remember this? Bran may be directly responsible for wrecking Hodor's mind because he was trying to get Hodor moving while in the past looking at Willis. Maybe this is how they can limit Bran's impact on the past, he can see it, but interacting with it will cause people to lose their wits. Would make sense, as the 3 eyed raven only appeared to Bran, but never interacted, it just hopped around and tried to lead him down a path.
    This is true, warging into complex minds is dangerous (birds aren't that complex).

There were a couple scenes in this week's and last week's, most explicitly with varys and the priestess where the theme was "we all have a role to play" or "we are here, right now, for a reason". Without wylis losing it right then, he is not with bran during his journey north- not at crasters keep to kill the mutineer, not carrying bran who was otherwise crippled, not holding the door. Bran messing up wylis' head was predetermined. The chase at the end of the episode was predetermined.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Finally jumped on board. Wholly shit what a show. Just finished season 1.
    Indeed. Probably want to not read this thread past where it was at the time the show aired. Lots of spoilers and it's way more fun if you don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    This is true, warging into complex minds is dangerous (birds aren't that complex).

There were a couple scenes in this week's and last week's, most explicitly with varys and the priestess where the theme was "we all have a role to play" or "we are here, right now, for a reason". Without wylis losing it right then, he is not with bran during his journey north- not at crasters keep to kill the mutineer, not carrying bran who was otherwise crippled, not holding the door. Bran messing up wylis' head was predetermined. The chase at the end of the episode was predetermined.
    Fate versus free agency, a popular theme since Sophocles' days. The classical period Greeks couldn't get enough of it; it was the time paradox of classical lit. Martin has given us several prophecies in which the issue of fate is also raised. What happened to Hodor suggests free agency is fate, as does Sophocles' play, Oedipus Rex. Yes, you have free agency, but you'll just use it to bring about your fate. Receiving the prophecy of one's fate begins the chain of one's choices and the causation that leads to the fate, so prophecy/fate is sort of analogous the closed time loop that Bran created with Hodor. Cersei's got her prophecy too and you can clearly see that all of Magy's predictions are happening, not because Magy said it but because Cersei responded to the prophecy by becoming an attack first, take no prisoners alpha bitch and made a lot of enemies
    Last edited by neckdeep; 05-25-2016 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Really looking forward to seeing the new Red Witch nekkid. She's a smokeshow.
    Why wait? From an obscure Israeli film, she is on the left.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bukstein-Secrets-n-04.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	168.9 KB 
ID:	182861

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Indeed. Probably want to not read this thread past where it was at the time the show aired. Lots of spoilers and it's way more fun if you don't know.
    Yeah, I have kept from reading it since I really wanted to watch it.

Book nerds, etc. I seem to recall no one at Winterfell really new much about Hodor's past. He apparently grew up at Winterfell yet no one knew his real name and only rumors of how he got Hodorized? Seems like weak dragon sauce to me.

There's a great interview w the Hodor actor in the New Yorker. Great background on a cool guy...former drag queen...so he's got that going for him too.

^^^Hold on, the ride just gets bumpier...

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Why wait? From an obscure Israeli film, she is on the left.
    I did see that but am hoping for a far better view than that old picture. She has ripened nicely.

Also, since the thread isn't labeled NSFW maybe you should just link to that picture rather than posting it.

Emilia Clark looked fantastic a couple of episodes ago. Nice rack!!

Dude wtf Brienne clearly does not like hog.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Book nerds, etc. I seem to recall no one at Winterfell really new much about Hodor's past. He apparently grew up at Winterfell yet no one knew his real name and only rumors of how he got Hodorized? Seems like weak dragon sauce to me.

There's a great interview w the Hodor actor in the New Yorker. Great background on a cool guy...former drag queen...so he's got that going for him too.
    Old Nan talked about him a bit. But no explanation of the hodorization. Watch the after-the-episode bit after the credits and Weiss and Benioff go into it. Martin hasn't written it yet and told them.
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Dude wtf Brienne clearly does not like hog.
    Yes, she does. She's been moping around for 4 seasons now because Renly wouldn't throw her a bone.

That girl needs the d pretty bad at this point.

Brienne isn't going to stoop down to a troglodyte. She had an intimate bath with the most handsome prince of the land and no one else will compare.

She wants to fuck Jamie, renly, catelyn, podrick (no doubt), I'm sure she would take Tormund's flaming sword (maybe he is azor ahai)
    Decisions Decisions

Old Nan talked about him a bit. But no explanation of the hodorization. Watch the after-the-episode bit after the credits and Weiss and Benioff go into it. Martin hasn't written it yet and told them.
    I did see them talk about it and saw the interview w Liath or whatever his name is and I ain't buying it. Who knows, maybe they are full of shit and it wasn't even GRRMs idea. At any rate, I ind it hard to believe everyone at Winterfell forgot his name was Wyllis and that he had some kind of seizure and started screaming. It's weak plot revisionism imo. Won't say it didn't play well in the episode and a nice farewell - maybe - to Hodor but just a little too clever.

When do he and Summer show up as wights anyway? I would like it if he was the one that gets to eat Bran or whatever wight style death he chooses to inflict on him. That would be awesome.

And how is Ramsey going to die? Nothing is really going to be up to the challenge of retribution short of an entire season long flaying. They've kinda boxes themselves into a corner there I think. At this point, I think a boring bad flu or something unmemorably peaceful is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Loved the action in Sansa building an "army" and readying the fight. Loved the whole Iron Islands thing. Euron dying and coming back to life- haven't seen that in like 20 minutes of screen time. The history of the white walkers and the scene escaping was fantastic. Obv the Hodor thing is incredible. Did the white walker lieutenants gain one? I thought when Jon killed one, they had 4? And 4 again after?

Tormund and Brienne having kids is probably just as effective as dragons or wildfire or anythjng else
    I think that's the same one Jon and Sam killed. He seems to be the bitch of the bunch, "Hey, go fetch me Craster's baby" "Hey you go first again, I don't feel like dying". What is dead may never die, but this puff never seems to get any stronger, he got killed by a little girl this time.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    At any rate we finally got an answer to that eternal question:

Attachment 182857

I mean, shit, am I the only one who thinks its not a coincidence he's named Willis/Wylis.
    Ha!
    LOL

Geek alert: Game of Thrones on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by angrysasquatch View Post
    I think that's the same one Jon and Sam killed. He seems to be the bitch of the bunch, "Hey, go fetch me Craster's baby" "Hey you go first again, I don't feel like dying". What is dead may never die, but this puff never seems to get any stronger, he got killed by a little girl this time.
    iirc, the white walkers have to be created out of living humans - aka crastor kids. Reanimated corpses of the dead are just wights. I wonder if Gilly ends up having some connection with a White Walker that is one of her nephews, sons, or uncles?

There should be a bunch more white walkers then right?
    Decisions Decisions

Yeah for sure. Not just the Night's King and the other handful.

Yeah for sure. Not just the Night's King and the other handful.
    Just from crastor banging his daughters for ~40 years or whatever, you'd think maybe a couple hundred plus however many the children of the Forrest created (less those killed prior to the wall going up).m, but from the show the white walkers seem to be a fairly small number when shown in the various battles

Others (pun intended) from random Night's Watch rangers and wildlings too.

But, yes, I'd imagine "hundreds" is the right ballpark. Versus tens of thousands of wights. There were supposedly 100,000 wildlings at Hardhome alone and, what, 5,000(?) got on the boats?

if the NIght King depends too much on Crastor's begotten for his generals he's in big trouble - waaaay too much inbreeding - they're all going to be much more than just a sandwich short in their picnic baskets.