Page 30 of 110 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    I'm a little disappointed that they ended the season so soon.
    And someone please make George R R Martin start finishing the series. Dude is huge. He is a walking timebomb.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    Isn't the bran plotline like a full book ahead of everything else?
    Books 4 and 5 are essentially concurrent, just with their respective characters doing whatever it is they do. Bran is running a little ahead of schedule, but it isn't really clear when Bran gets there. Nothing to compare it to. I think John Snow's story is lagging behind. Doesn't really matter.

Brienne could totally beat a wounded, feverish, and near death hound. In the book, he pretty much died from the infection (nerd controversy here).

Tysha was mentioned early on, and again when Tyrion was trying to hide Shae. You knew his motivation, why repeat it and add another character which will piss Hugh off?

Jojen's death and coldhands' absence, well that just pisses me off. I hope this isn't a bit of armchair editing from GRRM, because I was hoping for more of coldhands.

And if HBO keeps up the pace, they're out of material in a year and the show stops. Some producer over there is going to start holding cheeseburgers in front of his computer to get GRRM to sit down and write.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post

And if HBO keeps up the pace, they're out of material in a year and the show stops. Some producer over there is going to start holding cheeseburgers in front of his computer to get GRRM to sit down and write.
    They could always do a retrospective of the story lines they left out!

I think the best, and probably the only, hope is that they've groomed a brilliant stable of writers that can take off on their own. I'm encouraged by some of the changes they've already made that improve, or at least do not weaken the story, but it certainly is a long shot.

I thought Jojen lived in the books.
    No longer stuck.

Stop giving spoilers with one line replies. Fuck! Some of us still haven't caught up!
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Books 4 and 5 are essentially concurrent, just with their respective characters doing whatever it is they do. Bran is running a little ahead of schedule, but it isn't really clear when Bran gets there. Nothing to compare it to. I think John Snow's story is lagging behind. Doesn't really matter.

Brienne could totally beat a wounded, feverish, and near death hound. In the book, he pretty much died from the infection (nerd controversy here).

Tysha was mentioned early on, and again when Tyrion was trying to hide Shae. You knew his motivation, why repeat it and add another character which will piss Hugh off?

Jojen's death and coldhands' absence, well that just pisses me off. I hope this isn't a bit of armchair editing from GRRM, because I was hoping for more of coldhands.

Thanks - never realized 4/5 ran concurrently.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Ending of one book lines up with the beginning of next book. Heaven's sake, it's in the book.
    No longer stuck.

^^^yer dumb.

Well - which one is it?
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    Stop giving spoilers with one line replies. Fuck! Some of us still haven't caught up!
    Then why would you click on the thread? You gotta figure that there will be discussion of the most recent episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Then why would you click on the thread? You gotta figure that there will be discussion of the most recent episode.

True, but I think it's more the one liner spoiler without a disclaimer first that pisses people off, or even without a disclaimer previews in the app if it's short.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    ^^^yer dumb.
    Did you miss the "note on the chronology" that's at the start of every book? Chill dude.
    No longer stuck.

Ending of one book lines up with the beginning of next book. Heaven's sake, it's in the book.
    Huh? Read the author's note at the end of book 4 numbnuts. To summarize what is there: 'Hey GRRM, what happened to Dany, Jon Snow, etc. etc.? You haven't written shit about them in like, 500 pages? Well, I split their storylines into 2 books cause it's confusing as shit jumping between everyone. Their stories are in book 5. CHEEZZBURGERSSSSS.'
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Doy!
    Now I remember!
    Reading iz h4rd.

Seriously though, anyone else think it looks like his heart is about to explode?
    Write, damn you, write!
    No longer stuck.

Winter is coming ......

Wait - what day is it??

Early reviews are encouraging for season 5; looking forward to the ever-increasing rate of book divergence.

Who's getting excited?

http://youtu.be/1cfNYdO--RA

The minus 50 hrs -

Put on a happy face.

My apologies if this has already been linked. Every on-screen death in GoT's first three seasons synced to Dick Van Dyke insipidly singing "Put on a Happy Face".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYvhnjqXc1U

and season 4 here is set to some goofy, skippy jazz for equally humorous effect. This has to be the funniest way to refresh for season 5. So far, 5,348 deaths and counting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7tdzkXjTFA
    Last edited by neckdeep; 04-10-2015 at 04:52 PM.

If I'm using my dad's hbo go password and he's in California, what time can I watch this in Montana?
    No longer stuck.

First four episodes of season 5 are leaked. Just watched it all on solarmovie. Not some crap video, the actual 480p screener's copy sent out to the media. Bet they never do that again. I promise, not going to drop any spoilers. It's seriously bailed out of the original story. Big time! Looks like most of GRRM's interminable subplots have been axed and the fast forward button is being held down. Book lovers are going to shit on it. At least half the material is new or substantially altered. The eps are good but mostly its four eps of exposition. It was good to marathon the first four because the story sure is spread out (it is now juggling/forcing 7 distinct stories into 60 minutes) You just get a little taste of a story line in any one ep when its spread this thin but watch four hours back to back and it feels coherent. To give you an idea of pace, R+L=J was implicitly teased two or three times in the opening eps so you could say the show has begun to lay the groundwork for the conclusion.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 04-12-2015 at 11:05 AM.

Hmm ..... definitely table setting, but in a good way: consequences of Jon's mercy killing of Mance will be fun, and Blondie's having to deal with adolescent dragons will toughen her up a bit.

And fuck the book lovers - they can have the last three books of drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    And fuck the book lovers - they can have the last three books of drivel.
    Is this the first season where major concurrent plot threads on the show are spread over three books (of drivel)?

Sharper minds than mine will have to answer that one. ND?

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.