Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    His character was fascinating.

Is there more about him in the books?
    Nice try! I recommend reviewing "when bad things happen to good people"

Huh?????
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Sorry - a twisted, weak anti-spoiler response; thought you meant after the his final scene, but a re-read of your post -> you meant before; there's more but it's pretty much embellishment.

Wasn't looking for a spoiler.

Just wondered if there was more background to his story to this point. All HBO have given is here is this (brilliantly acted/written) sword teacher who seems to have arrived into the imaginary early middle ages from the imaginary late middle ages.

It's a bit like dropping d'Artagnan into Camelot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Completely agree; Syrio is Braavosi, and Braavos, as comes out slowly in subsequent books, is a distinctly different culture located across the Narrow Sea, one that seems to be a little more refined, even formal, in its violence. Even in Westeros the cultural variation from North to South (Dorne) is significant. Keep in mind that he's also (a) First Sword i.e. a highly ranked professional - reminds me a little of Paul's Weapons Master in Dune (can't remember his name at the moment). I'm thinking Italian instead of French.

There are many regions to the fictional world in Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones). Braavos is like Venice, in that it's a trading city in the middle of everything, and as such there's a lot more dueling/ship combat etc. with lighter armor and quicker movements. He used to be the number one swordsman in the realm, protecting the ruler of Braavos.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I'm a little disappointed with the Dothraki side of things ..... I pictured them with a little more dignity, and more far horizon vistas; loved the golden crown "coronation", though!
    Still disappointed? "you will have to kill me first! -I already have!"

http://youtu.be/0HqdSjdtPAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    Still disappointed? "you will have to kill me first! -I already have!"

http://youtu.be/0HqdSjdtPAQ
    That fight kicked so much ass, as did the one between Syrio and the Lannister men.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Next week is the last episode???!? It's just getting good. I never thought Ned would lose his head.

Bean's roles in the past have usually ended badly.
    Silent....but shredly.

It was kind of cool watching Mormont take on that Dothraki.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

I'll cut your head off and fuck your daughter old man

damn... episode 8 and 9 have been some of the finest TV i have seen.
    BUT: HBO needs more money. please HBO throw us nerds a nice battlescene bone once in a while... pleeaase
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

i kinda agree but i'm afraid it will go the same route as the excellent Rome series. it just got too expensive to produce. only 2 seasons and the last half of the 2nd season was so rushed that it lost its momentum. keep it in budget and string it out as long as possible please.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Next week is the last episode???!? It's just getting good. I never thought Ned would lose his head.
    I have not read the books, I was hoping small daughter would over hand throw the needle sword and kill that little blonde fuck.

Great young actor! Don't you just hate him? I give these young actors alot of credit for pulling of these roles.

Eddard was the man, sorry he was written out so early. Lots to cover next week, the army moving south, the Lannister douche captive, Kahl recovering and killing some more up and comers in his ranks....

When do they throw a Dragon egg on the fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post

Eddard was the man, sorry he was written out so early. Lots to cover next week, the army moving south, the Lannister douche captive, Kahl recovering and killing some more up and comers in his ranks....

When do they throw a Dragon egg on the fire?
    Sheeesh - you did see that there's a second season, right? Eddard was a bit of a douche - the LeBron of Westeros: tremendous talent, but not a good player of The Game.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Sheeesh - you did see that there's a second season, right? Eddard was a bit of a douche - the LeBron of Westeros: tremendous talent, but not a good player of The Game.
    Yeah, he took the high moral ground but could have had more of a poker face and got the drop on the bitch and punk prince, instead he was had.

Yes, a 2cd season, as many have stated I hope they don't blow through all the cash and end it there. Rome, Deadwood, Carnivale have all suffered rushed final episodes and weak endings. How do the super lame un-watchble series keep going for so long?

The only thing I'll say about the series of books is that everyone gets fucked with Royally.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    The only thing I'll say about the series of books is that everyone gets fucked with Royally.
    you know nothing, tippster!
    it is known.

I'm still waiting for the doom of a certain "father of alayne".
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Really? I kinda like him.

This season isn't even over yet and I'm already looking forward to the next one!

He's the Boston Rob of Westeros.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

I see this series having legs and selling through a lot, as you get the geek demographic financial support coupled with the normal HBO audience. This series will print money if they keep up the quality.

Just checking in to this dork-a-thon

In all seriousness, if it weren't for the high marks here, I would have prematurely blacklisted this, but gonna give it a shot now.

PS - If you really like this show, I recommend either A. Reading the books or B. staying away from all forum threads/articles on it.
    There are a ton of twists that catch you very unawares, and it's better not to ruin the impact.

!st season is over, but I WANT MORE!!!
    I'm going to have to get the books now. I want to see if Daenerys and her dragons take over.